Let me just say that Mr. "S" and I went and did what the blog title says last night after work!!!
We had a FUN trip to the mall and many other stores around town! It was a fun trip minus the swimsuit shopping and trying them on!!! We had dinner at my #1 favorite place to eat fast food and that would be Chick-fil-A!!! It was YUM-ERS like always!!! They were making FRESH sweet tea as we were waiting in line!!!! Boy did that hit the spot that is my fat girl weakness!!!
Okay back to the swimsuit shopping!!! It was horrible I couldn't find anything I like! I looked like a fat whale and everything felt way to tight!!! It was a miserable trip! I did manage to find (2) swimsuits for this coming weekend (you might think two swimsuits is good but I tried on probably 50)!!!! I needed a new swimsuit because we are hosting a HUGE party about 45 people at Pop's lake house this Memorial day weekend!!! Woooooo-Whoooooo party on!!!
Back to swimsuits...I can't get over how high dollar they are?!?!?! Why?!?!?! It's a little bit of nothing!!! I can't get over it??? I bought one swimsuit at the mall and one at Wal-Mart!!! I hate to say it Wal-Mart had a better selection than the mall!!! For real...I never would have thought?!?!?! That is why we went to the mall first!! Oh yeah and it was like 1/3 of the cost!!! For real!!! I bought the swimsuit and two dress-like cover-ups for the same price I paid for my swimsuit at the mall!!! The only reason I was okay with paying the price at the mall was because I had a gift card for that store from my birthday!!! UGH!!! It was ridiculous!!!
I'm not someone to buy a new swimsuit each summer! Heck I've had some of my swimsuits for 3 or 4 summers in a row! They don't wear out, they don't really fade because of the material they are made of so why not recycle each and every year? Well, not this summer because I've managed to gain about 20-30 pounds! For real! Yall may not be able to see it in the pictures but I have!!! I promise!!! So this year I didn't have an option but to go buy a big girl swimsuit...UGH!!! =( I give you my word these swimsuits will NOT be going on the cruise with us in March! I have 9 months to lose 30 pounds!!!
Okay girls....lets talk swimsuits....Let me hear it!!!
~ If you are all cute and sexy and want to tell me about your skimpy suit so be it! I'm all ears!
~ If you had a nightmare trip to the stores (like I did) for a mirror of realization let me hear it!
~ Do you buy a new swimsuit each and every summer?
~ Do you have a ton of swimsuits or only one or maybe even none?
Lets talk about it!
PS - I will say RUSH on over to Wal-Mart they have some great swimsuits and really really cute cover-ups!!!!
PSS - I will take pictures this weekend!!! If I look like a HUGE fat cow I won't be posting them!!! I don't want to scare you away!!! Trust me I'm being nice!!!
PSSS - Don't forget to keep checking "MY" Virtual Matron of Honor's blog!!! She has a lot of fun things planned!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited I can't wait!!! =)
May 22, 2008
Swimsuit Shopping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















12 comments:
Oh girl...I HATE swim suit shopping!! I refuse to pay a lot of money for a swim suit!! My mom bought my little sister 3 really cute swim suits at Wal-Mart the other day!! I also LOVE Target's swim suits and they are really cheap. You should look there, if you haven't!!!
They are the worst thing ever! They push all of this stuff into places it shouldn't be and it doesn't look good!!
I sometimes buy a new suit each summer, it really just depends. Last year I bought 2. The first one I bought because we were going on a canoeing trip and I wanted something new and then it got ruined because someone *cough* Chris *cough* put my suit in the same bag as our disgustingly dirty shoes so I had to get a new one.
I do wear a 2 piece but not because I am cute and sexy. I am just more comfortable in them. Look back in my archives from last June and there are some pics and you'll see.
when I first got pregnant, I bought a maternity swimsuit on clearance from old navy.
When I was about 7 months pregnant, we had a pool party to go to. Great, I thought-- I will finally get to wear my ultra-cute suit.
Ummmmmm- I tried it on (the day of the party, of course) and my ninnies were so big that basically it only covered my nipples. It was WAY too indecent, so I didn't get to swim.
I looked like I was trying to smuggle a couple of bald guys across the border!
it sucked!!!
Have you tried Old Navy? They are pretty cheap and always really cute. I prefer the tankini because it's not skin tight like a one piece, and they look better on me since I'm heavier at the bottom than the top and can mix and match sizes. Good luck!
Oh yes... I agree with Mandy´s comment!I hate swim suit shopping too especially for me.For my two girls - that´s okay.My problem is unfortunately my bad body...I am sure you know what I mean...
I hope you found a nice swim suit for you!
Uuugghhh, swimsuits!! The price of those things make me sick! I only buy a new one about every 3-5 years. I had to get new one this year and I hated spending the money! I got a bikini (not string) at Old Navy. It was about $35 total. You have to buy the top and bottom separate, which I think is rediculous! I bought a tankini at Wal-Mart. I was shocked how cute of a selection they had! We're going camping/canoeing on the river this weekend with about 30 people- FUN!!!!- so I'm sure I'll have pics of my new suits!
I HATE SWIM SUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own one and last year I used it once. I bought that one at Target. I hate shopping for much of anything. Nothing ever seems to fit my big butt. I need to loose weight so bad!
I am glad you found a couple of suits. Have a fun time this weekend! Have some sunny fun for me because we will be tiling the bathroom rather than having cook outs.
I dispise shopping for swimsuits! HATE it.
But my secret is that I shop at say someplace like Belks or Macys at the end of the season when you can get the best deals. I refuse to pay over 30-40 bucks on a swimsuit and by this time with at least 50% -75% markdown I get it usually at about 20 bucks. I LOVE my coverup I got last year. My girlfriends were jealous on our beach trip.
Also I found out a couple years ago that I can shop for swimsuits based on bra size. I have always had a rough time because I am top heavy. I was thrilled to find that out!
I like the 2 piece tankini's. I feel like a sausga ein casing in a one piece and lets not even talk about a bikini. I feel covered in the tankini yet "hip". And again, love that the girls now can fit in there and not worry about "bubbling over". Eww...
I can't remember the last time I wore a swimsuit but it wasn't pretty. :(
Swim suit shopping ahhhhhh. I hate it hate it hate it. I have many malfunctions. I have a little top and a big o bottom. So usually I have to find a two piece just so it will fit half decent. Then add the additional 30 pounds and its not pretty. I have saved the best part for last, as if the body malfunctions, additional weight werent enough add on my white, I MEAN WHITE skin and you just have a ball of yuck. That is why I will not be wearing a swim suit at the party you will being doing good to see me in shorts. I just am not that comfortable with my see through skin. yuk. So as excited as I am to be spending time with my wonderful friend I will probably be a little uncomfortable until the alcohol kicks in. So J just know that I have to love you to put myself through the torcher hehehe.
Oh lord, swimsuits. Did you really have to remind me about swimsuits!? I hate them. I despise them...but of course only in my 'older' years because I'm not as thin now like I was younger.
When I lose 40 pounds and look decent in one - then we'll talk about swimsuits :)
*did anyone guess correctly yet as to what type of trees those were in your photos?*
I hate hate hate swim suit shopping. I also hate it when they sell bikini's as a set because my hips are wide and my chest! lets just say it does not match the hips! I also loathe changing rooms what is with the light in them? I know I have cellulite but it isn't THAT bad!
I have to be bikini ready in 8 days, maybe if I don't eat between now and then I will lose that elusive 5lbs!
What's this yummers had it replaced yum-o???
Post a Comment