Shane and I hanging out at the Wet Deck

Mr. "S", Shane and Pop's with his boys ~ partying at the Wet Deck!

Before we left the I had to take this pic for Leigh because of this post!

He is sooooooooo sweet!
The next few pictures are just FUNNY! I bought CUTE 4th of July hats & Lei's and I made everyone take a picture in the hat!!! I just wanted everyone to get in the spirit!!!

My brother sporting the 4th of July hat and lei!

Mr. "S" sporting the 4th of July look!

Mr. "S's" brother Shane
He is kicking it like Minnie Pearl with the tag hanging off his hat!!!

Shane's old time friend Sney! He was such a super trooper to put up with us!

Me and Danielle sporting our hats and Miller Lites!

Danielle's Lil brother Gerald
I don't think he liked the fact I made him sport the cool hat!

My brothers friend from work "A-Boy"
He was such a trip! All weekend long we called him every name that starts with "A"!
It all started when Pop's couldn't remember if his name was Allan or Alex! It just went on from there! He liked "Anaconda" the best! He didn't care to much for Abby!

Pop's all smiles in his 4th of July hat!

Yep, it's me the party planner!

Danielle wanted to dance all night long so Pop's took one for the team!!!

We also managed to get most of the golf cart decorated for the 4th of July parade the next afternoon!
Friday morning we woke up with a list of to-do's!
10am - 4th of July Boat Parade
12pm - Grilling Out
4pm - Golf Cart Parade
9pm - Fire works display on the lake
10am - Boat Parade Pictures

I'm in the boat with Danielle, her dad and brother!
They were so prepared! They had water guns with ice chest of COLD water and water balloons!

Ready...Aim...Fire!

Just a few of the boats that were gathering around for the water balloon fight!

"A-Boy" gathering up floating ammo! The water balloons that didn't bust floated! So "A-Boy" was netting them up!
12 Noon - Grilling Out

Pop's grilling it up for us!

Yummy Food
Hot Dogs, Sausage, Hamburgers, Chips, Dips and all the fixings!

Look at the "FLAG CAKE" Danielle made us!
It was soooooooooooooooooooo good!
3pm - Getting ready for the 4th of July Parade

Danielle and Shane put some finishing touches on the back tires!

Me - AKA "Statue of Liberty"

Loading and ice chest on the cart so we'll have water and Danielle and Leeanne will have a place to sit!

We are all dressed up, the golf cart is decorated and we are ready to go!

Here we go....wish us luck! I'm thinking we are going to win!
Waiting on the parade to start!

Lining up the golf carts and getting ready for the parade and judging!

Here we are in the parade line up!

Driving by Pop's house in the parade.
We had so much fun!
The parade had over 30 golf cart entries and it lasted for about an hour!
Okay are you ready to hear who won? Let's just say we didn't even place!
1st Place
For real...this won 1st place! I have a few problems with this!
It's NOT a golf cart and it looks like total crap! How did they win over us?
For real? Look at the junky PVC pipe holding up what looks to be a table cloth! I'm sorry I missed the memo that said "REDNECK 4th of July Parade"! Yeah, I'm a sore loser! I don't think this should have won. Big deal that they had a kid sitting down on a bench playing the fiddle.
2nd Place

This was a cute entry!
3rd Place
I don't have a picture of this! It was a jeep with some camo stuff over it and some kids had camo face pant on. Once again! It's a golf cart parade but a jeep won 3rd! Yep, I'm still bitter!
I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July weekend! I know we did! It was amazing!




















12 comments:
you are a picture taking machine girl! And I agree with you, only actual GOLF CARTS should have been eligible for a GOLF CART CONTEST. DuH! Your entry was MUCH cooler.
OMG it all looks like SO much fun what great weekend. Loved your costume and that cake is the BEST thing I have ever seen.
I know where I'm heading next 4th - LOL!
I loved your cart! and you so should have won!! Next year, you should pull the boat behind a truck and decorate that!!! show up those rednecks!!!
I love your Statue of Liberty outfit - OMGoodness that was awesome! I agree, a golf cart entry should have won ALL of the prizes.
Thanks for giving us the picture tour of your weekend - How fun!!!!
Love the hat photos - what a hoot.
Have a great day!
Kristin
OMG! Ok, I love the armidillo pic. LOve it, save dit to my computer.
lots of great pics...but I am mad, seriously? You had the COOLEST costume. You are just so dang cool. I loved it. And that float won? It was NOTHING!
Crap is what is was.
Ok, I think they knew the judges, that can be the only reason. I cannot believe you didnt place. They musta been drinking since the night before (the judges).
Wrong. Wrong, robbed of the title!!
Wow, that's a lotta photos! I would think they would not accept anything but golfcarts. You guys were robbed! You looked great Ms Liberty!
J-if you have a moment email me. I do not have your email address with me today. THX
You guys are too fun!!! I wish I could hang with you guys at the lake!
You look FABULOUS in your hat! : )
Big Daddy and I are comin next year! Looks like we missed a heck of a party!
Great pictures!Wow...looks and sounds like a funny day! I wish I was there too!
Love the details from your Adenture. And you are so right. You shoulda won.
1st one does scream REDNECK!!!
Post a Comment