#1. I was sooooooooooooooooo pumped up after watching the Olympics ~ Woman's Beach Volleyball that I couldn't sleep! Kerri Walsh & Misty May WON the GOLD defeating China!!! This victory lead them to their second consecutive gold medal ~ ROCK ON!!!! I have sooooooooooooooooo much love for the game for so many reasons! I grew up playing volleyball I even had a volleyball scholarship to college and 2 years ago when I was in Atlanta I met both Kerri Walsh & Misty May! I don't know how Mr. "S" slept through my excitement!
Here is a few pics I took of the girls in 2006 when I attended the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour in Atlanta! It was so cool how AVP just came into the middle of Atlanta and set up all these beach volleyball courts! I would have never imagined!
Check out her legs! The first thing I asked her was, "is it hard to find jeans to fit you" for real yall! She is 6'2"! I'm only 5'11" and I have trouble finding jeans! Kerri was so nice! She said back in the day she had trouble but now more jeans are coming in extra long length! Which is so true!
Misty signing autographs! The girls were so nice! They autographed a miniature AVP volleyball for me! I had originally bought the volleyball for my brother as a souvenir not thinking I would ever seen anyone I would want an autograph from. Heck, I didn't think I would recognize ANYONE at the tournament! The day I went was the Thursday preliminaries. There was no reason for May's or Walsh to be there. I got so LUCKY! They came to do a photo shoot!
In the pics below you will see the girls doing their thing with the photography crew on the other side of the net getting slammed! HA!

This is a pic that I took I cropped it down of Kerri crushing the ball!!!
Oh yeah, I got off track a little....here is my 2nd reason for not waking up this morning to cook breakfast and packing our lunch!
#2. My ear is killing me! It feels like a knife stabbing pain! Even my jaw hurts! I was up all night off and on! Whatever this is ~ I hope it goes away!
#3. It was storming like crazy! I pulled the covers over my head and tried not to hear the crashing thunder! I'm not a storm girl what-so-ever! We have this half moon window in our bedroom and I could see the sky light up from all the lighting! This sister says ~ No can do! Thank goodness it let up so I could run out to my car to come to work! =)
Last night Mr. "S" and I watched a movie thanks to the FREE movie code I received via text on my cell phone from Red Box! It was called "The Life Before Her Eyes". Have yall seen this? I'm lost? I don't get the ending! I found this movie to be very disturbing! I was hoping someone could give me some insight!
Mr. "S" talked to Lil Miss "H" on the phone last night! Just as he does each and every Wednesday night! any ways she was telling him how she meets her teacher tonight and how she will start school on Monday! We are so excited for her! He told her to call us and let us know how her first day went! Does Hallmark make cards for this occasion? If so I think I'm going to run out and get her a card and let her know how proud we are!!!!
Look at our 7 Day Forecast:

It has rained for 4 days straight with more to come!




















7 comments:
Glad your gals won!!! USA! USA! USA! gold, baby!!!!!
and I'm so happy for H! YOu could make a card! better than Hallmark, anyway! Just use some of your scrapbook supplies!
I've never seen that movie before. Would any of the links here help? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_Before_Her_Eyes_(film)
Olympics...I just can't get into it. Sorry. It all bores me.
You could have fluid on your eardrum. Best to get that checked out pronto!
I hate storms too!! I'm a big baby about them but have to be all brave for my kiddos.
Giants fan is right - you can make a card!! Would her mom let her have it if you mailed it though? My late husband's ex- trashed anything we gave the kids. Even gifts they bought HER if I was the one who wrote the check.
I'm so stoked that the woman's volleyball team won gold. And if I'm not mistaken, they train here in my city....but I'm not 100% positive on that. If you ever come vist I'll take you to the training center, it's a cool place to visit!
I hate storms to - period. END OF STORY.
And we've had a lot of rain lately too....and it's getting cold already. Bah. Not ready for winter.
Chris and I stayed up and watched that match last night too! Of course, all he was interested in was Misty May's ass :)
Oh, and I heart storms!
GREAT volley pics! I love those!!
Ok, I found something we differ on...thuderstorms. Love them!
Sounds like an earache. You need to go to doc in box and get something. Otherwise it will get worse. I have at least one a year and PAIN. Worse than childbirth in MHO and I had natural childborth 3x's if that says anything. Gte on an antibiotic and something for pain. Seems to get worse at night, I guess when drainage. MY actually burst one time (eardrum) so dont let it get outta hand if thats what it is.
That is so cool that you saw them live, the beach volleyball is the only sport we've managed to catch so far!
Hope the ear is better soon and Miss H has a great 1st day at school oh and that your weather improves :)
Post a Comment