Here I am today submitting my menu on Wednesday and it should have been done on Monday! I put it together Sunday but I was so sick I didn't mangage to log in to post it! I will get there!
MONDAY:
Breakfast - English Muffin with Brummel and Brown Simply Strawberry Creamy Fruit Spread (it's Butter made with 10% Natural Yougurt) This stuff is the BOMB!
Lunch - PB & J Sandwich
Dinner - Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (recipe is posted at the bottom of this post)
TUESDAY:
Breakfast - Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Lunch - PB & J Sandwich
Dinner - Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (from left-overs) & garlic toast
WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast - Cap'n Crunch with fat free milk
Lunch - PB & J Sandwich
Dinner - Frozen Pizza Night (YUM) I love the $1.00 pizza's
THURSDAY:
Breakfast - English Muffin with Brummel and Brown Simply Strawberry Creamy Fruit Spread
Lunch - Ham sandwich, chips/salsa (recipe below) and water
Dinner - Baked Pork Loin with Sauteed Onion and Mushrooms, Black Eye Peas (fresh from Paw-Paw's garden), Mash Potatoes and Gravy
FRIDAY:
Breakfast - English Muffin with Brummel and Brown Simply Strawberry Creamy Fruit Spread
Lunch - Tuna Fish and Crackers
Dinner - On the road ~ We will be headed to the lake house to work, work, work ~ I'm sure our dinner will consist of fast food (I'm thinking about Jack In The Box ~ Have you seen the ad for the NEW Smoothies made with Real Fruit and Non Fat Yougurt ~ I'm thinking Mango)!
I'm only going to do "our" menu plan Monday - Friday! Our weekends are just crazy busy working on the lake house for me to plan out our Saturday and Sunday!
This is my 2nd entry! I'm having so much FUN! I like the way it holds me accountable to COOK these meals!!! =) It feels so good to plan things out!!!! Even though I've been sick this week and haven't ate very much, I have managed to keep our menu on track!
Recipe Time:
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Serves 12 ( one cup each) - This makes a lot!!!
16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked and drained (Next time I will use 1/2 - 3/4 of the dry spaghetti)
1 lb. Velveeta Light (2%) Cheese
12.5 oz can chicken breast, drained & flaked (I added extra chicken)
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup
10 oz. can diced tomatoes & green chilies (Rotel)
4 oz can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, diced
1 med. green pepper diced (I did not add...I added some fresh chopped cilantro for a Mexican flare)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large pot, stir to mix well, cook on medium heat till heated thoroughly!
Homemade Salsa
2 Cans of diced tomatoes (Rotel)
Fresh Cilantro
Chopped Onion
Salt - To Taste
Pepper - To Taste
Garlic Powder - To Taste
Toss all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and mix until it looks like salsa! I've seen other variations that add jalapenos, fresh garlic, roasted bell pepper! Make it your own! I did!
August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















13 comments:
sounds yummy! I wll try them~!
I have been worried and was about to email you. Glad you are feeling better! I am going to try to make salsa today! I am making it up as I go so if it turns out good I will post it.
Kielbasa is a Polish sausage. I buy Hillshire farm brand.
Oh pico is what I want to make! I love it at Chipolte Resturant. I thought it was just a different form of salsa. I guess I need a Texas girl to help me out!
I love homemade salsa! Thanks for visiting my menu. The recipe for Yucatan Chicken has a link so you can check out that recipe. It is very easy to make and yes, it is YUM-O!
Also, check out my other website:
http://creativeblogdesigns.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by both of my blogs! Both of the recipes you talked about rock, and are SUPER easy! Glad you stopped by, menu planning gets addictive, lol!:)
Cheers, Kiy
hi there...thanks for the yummy comment...GIRL YOU'VE got to try it...it's truly the BEST! hey...great menu you got!
thanks for stopping by....the lylahblog....blessings!
Thanks for stopping by earlier today! That Chicken Pot Pie IS yummy, but the best part is that it's also sooooo easy! :) I'm gonna have to try the spread you mentioned. And, that spaghetti recipe ought to feed our family of 6 pretty easily!
Great menu plan! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
I am still so impressed with you doing this. :)
My menus would look like this:
M- McDonald's
T- Pizza Hut
W- El Mezcal
T- Green Mill
F- frozen pizza
S- Subway
S- Pizza Night
I don't cook. :)
I love to make salsa with all fresh ingred.
Yummy!!
glad the menu planning is working out so well-- were you able to get some stuff on sale?
the spaghetti dish sounds really yummy!
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to check out my menu! I really am enjoying MPM. It makes a huge difference to just have a plan in place, even if we don't stick to it perfectly. Do let me know if you try anything you found on my site - I'd love to hear how you liked it!
Happy Saturday!
Can't wait to try these. I love MPM. It was only my first week. I have posted the recipe to the Mashed Potato Pancakes on my blog. check it out. http://justmythoughts-momof3.blogspot.com/
glad you are feeling better
Post a Comment