Yep, it was just Monday! First day in the work week ~ wishing it was the last ~ I'm already ready for the weekend! Yet I'm still trying to recover from this past weekend! Over all it was a good day!
I wanted to get home after work and organize the bedroom but I didn't have the energy! It just didn't happen! We did get home and get the BIG HUGE sliding glass blinds up! Our sliding glass doors aren't your standard sliding glass doors! I believe standard is 6" our sliding glass doors are 8'! We love them! It made it so easy moving our stuff in! Any ways as soon as we got home Mr. "S" started putting them up while I baked him a pizza and I heated up left-over steak from Saturday night! Um-Um-Um good! Mr. "S" isn't much of a steak eater ~ I'm happy to say it was all mine and boy was it good! I just popped it in the oven on a pie plate and heated it up with a little bit of my dad's special marinade we call it "sop"! We call it "sop" because we "sop" our meat while we grill it! It give your meat flavor and moisture! After dinner we watched "Baby Mama" thanks to Red Box for texting my FREE movie rental code yesterday ~ we both loved this movie and I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud! It was GREAT! If you haven't seen it ~ go out and rent it!
Well, that was our Monday!
Now on to our Tuesday....
We woke up this morning to rain and lighting! Not good when you drive 65 miles (to my office and Mr. "S" is 85 miles) into work! Traffic was an absolute nightmare and we were making such good timing until we were about 15 miles from my office! Then it just shut down, dead stop, total halt! It was bad! Mr. "S" finally crossed the freeway through the grass to hit the feeder street (some of you call a feeder a frontage road or an access road)! This helped with timing I assure you!!!! Even though it's illegal! lol
Now on to gas prices....
What are the gas prices in your city?
I'm sooooooooooooooo pleased to say that gas is $2.99 at the local station by my office! We were thrilled yesterday when we filled up for $3.25! Gas was a HUGE deal breaker when we thought about moving up to the lake house! We truly didn't know if we could afford it? We drive 160 miles round trip each day (Mon - Fri) but our house is sooooooo worth it to us! Yeah, I know crazy huh? Any ways we feel soooooooooooooo blessed (Thank You God) that the gas prices have dropped tremendously this week! Especially since it's only our 2nd week to do the drive! I'm sure gas prices will go back up but it's soooooooooooo nice to know they are dropping before they do go back up!!!! I was terrified to think we could be paying $4.00 a gallon and here we are seeing it at $2.99! When "IKE" hit we were paying $3.69! We feel sooooo blessed and it seems like our move was the right decision!!!!
Happy Tuesday!!!
I want to leave you with this little funny:
THE WORLD'S SHORTEST PSYCHIATRIC JOKE
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing only underwear made of Saran Wrap. The psychiatrist says, "Well, I can clearly see your nuts"
October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















12 comments:
$2.99!!??? That is awesome! Here in Jacksonville, FL the lowest I've seen is $3.56 During IKE, the highest I saw was $4.10!! We didn't even get any wind from IKE.
Your joke -- LOL That's funny!!
I'm so glad everything is working out well for you. Nightmare about the storm this morning though, I hate traffic jams!
Hope the rest of the week goes as well.
I really want to see baby mama Tina Fey is so funny!
$2.99???? I can't believe I am saying this, but that is really cheap gas!!
Ike caused up to loose almost all the gas coming into the city. You had to wait in line for about 1 1/2 hours just to get it! People were ramming their cars and getting out and fistfighting in line!!! It was really scary. P paid $4.70 for gas during that time. Now we are down to about $3.80ish or so.
Happy Tuesday to you too! I'm another Secret Santa.
Thanks for stopping by..
Come back anytime..
2.99 that is so cheap...
I paid 3.29 yesterday.. because it was 100 percent gasoline.. I could have paid 3.15 down the street but I didn't want to because of the ethanol. Ugh.
Wow! Mr. S has quite a morning commute!!!
I love your vocab! FAB-TAB-ULOUS is a great word! You are a hoot!! : )
Traffic sux! traffic + rain = sux really bad!
I reviewed baby mama last month - did you see my review? i love tina fey.
2.99 is insane!!! we're still at 3.30. At least oil prices per barrel are dropping along with the Dow! Some good news!!
recipe for the "sop" please?
We recently watched Baby Mama too..I thought it was hilarious! Gas right now is about 3.17 I am jealous of yours!!
Happy belated Tuesday from me too ;))!
Gas here 3.79...while in Ohio 3.03 Enough to want to make you move! I hope yall are getting settled well!
3.25 is great! I paid 3.31 yesterday. I really wanted the rain yesterday, but I would have preferred it if I were at home curled up under the covers with a good book. Driving in rain sucks! It's good to catch up with you.
Post a Comment