November 4, 2008

I just broke down in tears of joy!

Yesterday I received a call from Angie one of my really close friends.

Guess what she was calling me about?
Any guesses?

She was calling to tell me that her and Jason are going on the cruise with us in March!!! They will be there to see Mr. "S" and I exchange our wedding vows! I was soooooooooooo overwhelmed I just turned to tears! I'm not the emotional type what-so-ever! I think I've just been dealing with soooooooo much...it just hit me! The wedding is only 4 months away as of today! Wow! Time flies!!!

Ang and I have shared a lot of memories throughout the years!!! It means so much to me that she will be there for me on this special day!!!!!!


I was so upset and very down about the wedding because everyone was all game to go on the cruise with us (at first) and then one by one they bailed.

The first upset was
Giants Fan but I knew why and that made it okay! I understood! Today, I'm happy to know that bench warmer is on his/her (hoping for a her) way!!! =)

Then Mr. "S" brother in Ohio and his wife backed out! They were all game in the beginning but then they realized how long they would be away from home! I understand!


Then Danielle...she was just accepted into nursing school. School starts in January. She is doing the 2 year night program and she only goes to class 1 or 2 days a week. She said there is no way she could miss! I understand!


I can't even convince my dad to go! He says it's not his kind of "thing"! It's not something he has any interest in but yet he will go on week long fishing trips with my brother. UGH! Don't get me started! I'm NOT going there! I'm NOT done with him! I think dad's way of pacifying me was to tell me he would pay for our cruise. Okay, I'm cool with that but I still want him there! He's a work in progress!


I'm also still working on my Aunt and Uncle (dad's brother)! They are so much fun and they love to travel!


My mom is pointless! I gave up on her! She has two dogs, she never leaves the house! Her and I haven't talked since Oct 18th!! All because of my dad's birthday dinner!! Wow, is that family drama or what?!?!? lol


So needless to say...I haven't thought much about the wedding! I just kind of stuck it in the back of my mind! For many reasons!

I'm just soooooooooooooooo excited to know that Angie will be there for us on our special day!!!

We are already planning a day to go dress shopping! This will be a weekend after Christmas ~ sometime in January!!! YIPPEE!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't fret about all those people to busy to go on the cruise! We are going to have one hell of a time and too bad for them that they are missing out. Can't wait to go dress shopping. Love you girl!!! Angie

Megan said...

Cruises are so much fun!!! I am trying to get Dave to go on one for our honeymoon!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I know that you want everyone you care about to be there. And I am so glad that your friend Angie is down to go..but know...that all you really need is you and Mr S. and the good Lord. You will be in the hearts of all. Promise.

HUGS.

CPA Mom said...

dude, I almost starting crying for you! I had no idea everyone was dropping out!!! I wish we could come!!! But we already have the cruise in October 09 and have two little kids anyway....I'm so glad Ang can come!!

Frannie said...

I am so excited!!! You know I would have been there for you! I am still sooooo sad that I can't make it!!

I love you so much and am so happy that you are so happy!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Cruises are so much fun - My husband and I always went alone and had such a good time meeting other folks. I can still tell you the peoples names who we had dinner with every night. I'm glad that you have some friends going with you, but a larger crowd is just more difficult to move lol Everything takes an hour to get 20 people to dinner lol You will have a lot more fun with fewer people.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Angie is coming with you, excellent news.

I'm sorry everyone else is dropping out but it will still be fab! Only 4 months you better start planning!

koopermom said...

That is awesome that your best friend os going to be there! Keep working on your dad. I would be soooo heartbroken if my dad isn't there to see me get married! and a cruise!!! how fun is that!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm so glad to hear that Angie is going! And, whether or not your families make it there, it will be a special day.