January 19, 2009

Dress Shopping!

The first place we went to was a FLOP! They were RUDE and I would NEVER shop there again if they were the last store on earth! I would resort into all natural wear like Tarzan and Jane!!!

First Store:
We walk in and start looking around!
Angie and Amy start pulling dresses off the rack and we head to a dressing room! The sales lady ask do you have an appointment? I was like "NO" I didn't know you had to have an appointment! No where in this store does it say CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT! The store is in the mall. Wouldn't you think they just get walk-ins? There was NO ONE ever in the store shopping or trying on dresses! She gives me a form to fill out with my info and wedding date. We head to the dressing room where Angie has to assist me and Amy hung the dresses up! They were BOTH pissed thinking someone in the store should be helping us! I think I might just call management today! It was a TOTAL joke - 5 dresses later we were walking out there door! And to think this store came highly recommended to me from a really good friend!!! I wonder if she had to have an appointment? If so she didn't mention it to me!

Second Store: Alfred Angelo
We walk in and start looking around!
A lady came up to me and ask if I had been helped and I said "no". Then we started talking "dresses"! I told her we were having a beach wedding. She pulls the new catalog and I start picking things out that I like. She told me to look around that she would start pulling dresses and that she would be back shortly! She came back to get me and I walk in a HUGE dressing room filled with dresses. I was in total shock! This store was nice and helpful the sales lady was a total peach!!!! Two hours later I found what I thought would be "THE DRESS"!

This is what I tried on - I couldn't remember all of them:

Mental Note:
I looked NOTHING like these bridal models! =(

On the way home Amy and I were talking and I've come to the conclusion that all the above dresses will be TO MUCH DRESS for a beach wedding!!! A long train is just not necessary! I think it would be more of an inconvenience than anything! I'm now looking at the following brides maid dresses that I can get in ivory/white!
Well, what do you think? Couldn't you see me in something like this for a beach wedding rather than a big huge bulky wedding dress!
Saturday was great and tiring all at the same time! I'm so very thankful that I have friends in my life like Angie and Amy that were able to take time out of their busy life to make this day special for me! We had a total blast!

What dresses would you pick for a beach wedding?

12 comments:

Diane said...

Nice dresses! I like the bridesmaids dresses better too! Here are the ones I like because they look simialr to "wedding" dresses: top right, 4th down on right, 6th down on left, and the 8th down on the left. Good luck picking one that best suits you! I know it will be beautiful regardless of what you wear!

Anonymous said...

They are all so pretty, I think they'll work better too you might overheat in the other ones on the beach.

Can't wait to see which one you pick and to see you in it! You're going to look so pretty
x

Kristin - The Goat said...

I would try to find the lightest weight, shortish dress that looks the best on you. You are going to have to haul that dress on the airplane, onto the cruise ship, shoved into a teeeeny closet in the cabin - Think easy breezy beautiful :) Our Covergirl!!!!!

Bridal shops are either feat or famine when it comes to customer service - I've never understood it.

Good luck honey!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I love No.1 but get your drift about the train.

I know you can't really tell, but some of the flimsy ones look like nighties to me. Sorry but you did ask!

You know I never went in one shop when I was looking. I saw a dress in a magazine, found a designer who made me something similar for less than the cost of the one in the magazine and that was it.

My Mum was gutted, she wanted to do the rounds of the shops. I'd have called it off I'm sure!

Good luck, I guess it's kind of exciting but a chore all at the same time.

CPA Mom said...

I think you are RIGHT to go with the Bridesmaid dresses. Let me tell you, when I married on the beach, I wore an off the rack JC Penney regular white dress and it was perfect.

you look BETTER than those models.

Frannie said...

I love some of those dresses!!! They are beautiful!!!

I know you are going to look amazing on the beach in your gorgeous gown!!!

BS said...

Something simple, light and airy !

SJINCO said...

I do love them all! But yes, I think you are right in going with something more simple and light for a beach wedding......

So with that said. My vote is for the 7th dress down on the left hand side, in the bridesmaid grouping.

Without a doubt you'll be gorgeous on your wedding day, no matter what dress you pick!!

travel girl said...

I like the 4th on down on the left side and I like the two bottom. Tough choice huh?!

i agree. I think a simple, elegant dress for the beach is perfect.

Steffi said...

They are all pretty!I would prefer more a simple elegant dress like the dress on the pic number 11.The lenght not too long and not too short.The coloures on the pics are great!
Lucky you....you can married on a beach!I can´t wait to see your wedding pics!

Forgetfulone said...

On the wedding dresses, I like the top left one and the one on the right column, bottom, but without the trains, perhaps. I like ALL the bridesmaid dresses, and any of them would be perfect for a beach wedding!

NAMES! I want names of these stores! Good and bad. I'm going to guess the one in the mall, but I can't remember the name. Was the other one next to Al's by Deerbrook? I got my dress for my second wedding at David Bridal on the Gulf Freeway. It was a bridesmaid dress, and I loved it. It doesn't fit anymore though. My how things change in four years.

Can't wait to see what you pick!

Anonymous said...

I agree! It will be much less expensive, and I am sure more comfortable to go with a shorter style or lighter material.

No matter what, you're going to look fabulous and I cannot wait to see which you choose.