Last Wednesday I signed up for Weight Watchers! My goal for this week was 2 pounds! I will go weigh in at lunch today! I hope I hit my goal!
This coming weeks goal is 4 pounds - so next Wednesday 1/21/09 when I weigh in I want to be down at least a total of 6 pounds for the two weeks! I know this is stretching it but I figured I would give it a shot!!! I also figured after I try on wedding dresses Saturday this will put me over the edge to want to lose the weight! I can't even imagine what I'm going to look like! I'm so mad I let myself get back to this weight! I did weight watchers a little over six years ago and I lost a total of 40 pounds! It is an amazing program and I know it works! That is why I resorted back to it!!!
When I signed up last Wednesday 1/7 I set a short term goal:
7 weeks - 20 pounds!
I want to drop 20 pounds before we go on our cruise!
Wish me luck! I will update this post after my weigh in today!
Last week notes:
I watched what I ate but I did NOT journal my food intake! My opinion is tracking your points is the key to weight loss success with Weight Watchers! You really get a visual for what you eat when you write it down! You MUST chart your points and your food intake! It makes me ask myself "DO I REALLY WANT THIS? - AM I REALLY HUNGRY?"!!! I don't think I bad this week but I don't think I did great either! I ate a lot of soup and salad, I ate smaller portions, I drank NOTHING but WATER alllllllllllllllll week long!!! No sweet tea (which is my TOTAL favorite), no beer and no soda!!! That is a TOTAL positive for my first week!!!
I'll be back after lunch with an update!
MY WEIGH IN UPDATE
I lost 1.8 pounds!
I'm so mad at myself! I didn't realize that I had left my hoodie (warm-up jacket) on! So I'm counting that as .2 pounds! With that being said I would have hit my goal of 2 pounds! HA!
Next week's goal is 4 pounds!
I'm going to do it! I'm going to track my food intake this week! I was BAD last week! Also, I'm starting a DETOX thanks to Jennifer!!! I'm going to to wait till Monday!
DETOX INFO
The rules of detox are simple, you can eat the following foods. You don't have to eat ALL of the foods in the list, these are just the limits:
All fruits in any quantity
All veggies in any quantity, except:
NO white potatoes
NO avocados
2 cups of cooked BROWN rice
2 cups of low fat, skim, or soy milk
1 cup of oatmeal
All herbs and spices
6 oz low-fat yogurt (2 times per day)
4 egg whites (or the equivalent amount of egg beaters)
2 cups of herbal tea
These are the foods that are NOT ALLOWED:
White rice
Meat
Fish
Cheese
Bread - all types
Cereal
Raisins
Nuts
Dried or preserved fruits
Candy / popcorn / chips
Ice cream
Alcohol
Juice
Soda - regular or diet
Coffee
Sports drinks
Whole eggs or yolks
The list seems pretty restricted but detox is only 9 days long. After the 9 days you move to Phase 2 and you are allowed to eat some of the foods you were previously not allowed to have (like meats, fish, cereal, and cheese). After that you move on to Phase 3 (breads come back!), and then finally you enter Phase 4 (a lifetime program) which has no limits on the kinds of foods you can eat just the overall amounts. If you mess up and fall off the wagon during any of the phases, you simply go back to detox for a couple of days to fix any damage you may have done. SIMPLE!
January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















17 comments:
I agree, writing down what you eat, and being held accountable is VERY important!
Keep up the good work!
Good luck! WW is an awesome program that definitely works if you follow it. Don't set unrealistic expectations though or you might be discouraged. 4 lbs is a lot after week 1.
Good Luck! My fingers are crossed for you, I always find wrting down what I eat quite a shocking experience I always forget all the snacks I have :)
I am very proud of you my friend!
I sent you 2 emails to the addy you left on your comment so check that out. The first one has a bunch of recipes and the 2nd one has an eating schedule in it.
If you didn't them for some reason I can resend to a different address.
Sounds like you have a plan! Great job! Hubs and I joined our community weight race last week and it lasts until April 5th. Fingers crossed that we do well. :) I know so far we're doing ok. :)
Good luck.
I know what you are going through. I lost 30 pounds 10 years ago. I have flucuated some since then but never more than 10 pounds. I didn't diet, I did a life style change. I cut out soda and watched my portions. It was hard, I won't lie.
You can do it!!
I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off for 4 years. I still have more to go, but I know it's a process. I've never done a detox plan before - it sounds intense! My weightloss secrets are as follows ... no processed foods. Eat all natural, whole foods and drink water.
BUT
The only way to lose weight to follow a plan over and over and over again. Doing it is the key. So do what you think is best and go for it! I'm proud of you.
Oh, I don't know if you know this - but I am the Dean of Student Activities in an online weight loss university - I have been a part of this group for the past 5 years. I am the motivational guru for about 200+ people at a time.
So if you ever have any questions, just ask!!
good luck!!!!! I am rooting for you!!!!
I am so proud of you for trying so hard!!!!
You can do it!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations. 2 pounds is 2 pounds and 2 pounds less than last week!
I have been a WW member for years now on and off - If I stuck at it and went to meetings every week I wouldn't have to go back to lose the weight I put on!
My weigh in tonight and I'm hoping to have lost a couple too. Fingers crossed
2 lbs is AWESOME!!!! I'm doing WW again myself and it WORKS!!! You can do it!! Though I do think you look beautiful as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh, that DETOX program sounds HARSH!! No way I could do that.
CAN'T do without the beer- my job is too stressful!
Congrats on starting off great! That detox thing sounds interesting. I may have to try that.
Good luck on Weight Watchers! I've done it before, and I'm doing it now and you are right, it works! You can totally do it!!
And the detox sounds interesting, I might give it a try. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes!
Good luck my dear "J"!
Post a Comment