February 19, 2009

Thrifty Thursday!!!




Thanks for stopping by and checking out "MY CONTRIBUTION" in "Leigh's Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville"!!!!

This is what Leigh had to say about Thrifty Thursday:
For thrifty Thursdays, this is your time to show and tell about your thrifty find. You might have found it at the thrift store, consignment shop, garage sale, in grandma's garage, antique store or curbside....what have you. Maybe it was just a bargain find. Tell us all about it. What is it? What is it's purpose? Have you re-purposed it and if so in what way? It's all in fun...nothing to formal here!!!!!! <------- I added in the exclamation points!!!! HA!!!!


So here ya go! Here is my Thrifty Thursday Find!

It's a "FISHING SIGN" and I love it! Mr. "S" hung it up on our storage shed behind our house!

I bought this sign on our Canton, Texas trip - HERE!!!! It totally fits our lake house theme!!!!

We bought the sign from the sweetest couple ever!!! The hubby makes the signs and the wife paints them and does the wording/writing!!! I wished I had their info so I could show them some linky love!!! You name it...they have a sign for it!!!

If you would like to check out the other "THRIFTY THURSDAY participants or join in "THRIFTY THURSDAY" fun click HERE!!!!

13 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

J- I LOVE your sign! It is cute as can be! And I love it on the shed. I wish I could see all the signs that this couple made. I loved your Canton trip. One day, I am coming to TX for some TX fun!

Thanks for participating today, my sweet friend! You had a great one.

Anonymous said...

That is darling.I love it.thank you for giving me an idea...ann

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Thanks for stopping by..I'm liking that sign and I know my family of fisherman would to because that's a past time out here in the Hill Country of Texas :)

Laura said...

That would be GREAT for my in-laws' lake house - what a precious sign!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love it!! I don't know how anyone could get the quarter into the can though - Is it sort of like Beer Pong?...you have to flip the quarter and see if it gets into the can? hahahahahaa

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Your sign is great! I'm glad you like them, too, because I LOVE hand-made signs. I have them all over my house!
Can't wait for the swap!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I love it! So much so that I have saved it to my ideas file. I'd like to make one for my sister's lake house.

I wanna go to Canton!!!! I can't believe I've neevr been.

j said...

I ADORE your sign! The little attached money can made me grin. I need to hang lots of signs like that all around the house :)

Steffi said...

Your sign is great!I love it.
Now you must be already really excited because soon will be your wedding,Jeannie!I can´t wait to see your wedding pics!
Please send me your postal address...Thank you!

Suzy said...

I adore going to Canton. I miss that! I haven't found anything like it out here in Washington State where I live now. Cute find!

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you for coming to my "tea" party today via Leigh's Mr. Linky.

Hubby is a BIG fisherman, and we have a few little wooden fishing signs around here too. Not sure they are part of MY favorite things though.

Nice to meet you!!!

Tardevil said...

I came over from Leigh's too. Your sign makes me want Spring to be here even more.

Megan said...

hah..LOVE that sign!