January 17, 2008

The list must go on....UGH! =(

Well, lets just say I didn't even get HALF my list done from yesterday...it's just always one thing after another!!! You have it all planned out...what you are going to do then BAM...something else comes up!!! I'm guessing that is why I'm not much of a TO DO list type of person!!! Just a GROCERY list type of person! I love to grocery shop and spill yogurt on people...just kidding! lol Any ways...back to my list:
  • 3 Bank Statements to Reconcile

  • Petty Cash to Reconcile

  • Payroll Quarter Reports (940, 941 & TWC)

  • Print the A/R Year End Report for write-offs...our non-paying JERK-OFF customers

  • Payroll insurance deduction forms for each employee
  • Oh yeah and the dreaded W-2's and 1099's! (this WON'T get done today)

So that's it...My goal today is to get at least 3 or 4 of the above....DONE!

Wish me luck! =)

Well, it's Thursday as most of you know...lol...I just wished it was Friday!!! I'm tired...I want to sleep in! Which I doubt we get to do this weekend! I think we are going to the lake house to plant grass! I can't wait! Grass and no more dirt!!!

Here are some pictures of the land, the process of clearing it, burning HUGE piles of trees, hauling dirt in, dad spreading the dirt, the house being moved on our land!

This is what the land looked like when we bought it! Boy -o- Boy we didn't know what we were getting our self into! Welcome to the Jungle!!!! Just saying that takes me back to my Guns N Roses Days...lol!!! =)

This is our lake view! We are 1 street back from the water!

This is dad on the tractor...he's deep in the woods...our first day clearing the land!

This is dad 5 hours later on the tractor! He NEVER got off the tractor...he worked and worked and worked! I don't know what Mr. "S" and I would do without him!!!!

Here we are burning a HUGE pile of trees and tree branches!

We had 22 loads of dirt brought in! We still need more! UGH

Dad leveling the dirt (this tree got in his way)! =)

After dad was finished leveling the dirt...this is the dirt pad the house is going to sit on!

This is the house being moved to our property! I'm sure A LOT of you have never seen a house being moved!

Another picture of the house being moved!

This is the house on our land all blocked up!

Now do you see why we need GRASS!!! =) We are hoping to have everything ready for summer!!! This will be our RELAXING weekend getaway! I didn't plan on this post being about the lake house but one thing lead to another so here ya go! We got such a GREAT deal on the house we couldn't pass it up! It's 936 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, nice size living room and a nice kitchen! The lady who owned this house just had the vinyl siding put on, she just remodeled the kitchen cabinets and the bathroom!! We want to get new counter tops, new appliances and a larger sink! I can't wait to invite everyone over to PARTY, PARTY, PARTY!

I hope I didn't bore you with the post and pictures! It's something we are sooooooooooooooooo very proud of and can't wait to enjoy it this summer!

11 comments:

frannie said...

you know I am super proud of you and your vacation home!!!!

You rock!!! that is so awesome!!!

I can't wait to see it with the grass... that will be cool!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with tackling your list. I hate doing anything financial. I always put it off.

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!

Alix said...

Good luck with that list - looks hard work!
Your house is so cool! Your right I've never seen a house being moved before very funny!I hope the grass seed takes so you can have fun there in summer.

Anonymous said...

Conroe? Or further towards the coast? Wow. You even got your dad involved. Quite impressive.

Tell me more about the Valentine's Swaps. I'm interested.

Unknown said...

I hope you get what you need to on your list accomplished. Good luck today! :)

Moving a house must be fun, not! I've seen it done a few times but never been a party to it. That yardwork looks like a LOT of work. Take a break. :)

SJINCO said...

I love your vacation home! I wish I had one close to the water like that and um, am I invited to the party!??

Good luck with the list! I wish it were Friday too.....

Wendy said...

Love the vacation house. We live in a lake community and LOVE it. I am a social person and what better way to have people over then to bribe them with the cool water on a hot day...oh and beer too:) LOL!!

Beckie said...

Good luck with you "to-do" list!

The land prep/lake house pictures are great. It will be a great place to get away!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Good luck with the list! That is why I am soooooo glad that I no longer have to do payroll!

Steffi said...

Great pictures!I love your vacation home!

my4kids said...

Great pictures. I think we would be interested in doing that but we live right near the ocean so it would be kind of pointless. I would have loved something like that though when we lived in the city.