I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! As of today I'm officially a "Card Angel"!!! This means soooooooooooooooooooooooo much to me for many reasons!!! Cancer has touched our family in a few different ways as most of you know!!!!
- My oldest brother passed away of cancer when I was in the 9th grade and he was in his early twenties!!! He left behind two kid-o's...James & Lisa (which Lisa is who I'm throwing the baby shower for)!!!
- I was diagnosed with Melanoma Skin Cancer December 2006!!! I had a small spot on my stomach which they removed and all the edges came back clean!!! I still go in regularly for check-ups!!!
So I feel very touched to give back to someone who is in need of positive support!!!
So if you are interested in this program click here there are many ways to be a Chemo Angel!!!! You can also go to Lisa's Chaos page and check out more info!!!




















13 comments:
YAY! Glad you are anxiously starting this too. :) It feels really good. :) I'm on my second "buddy" now, my first one "graduated". :)
I am so glad you posted about this!! My mom and grandma were both diagnosed with breast cancer this year so I am very interested in this!! I am going to ready some more on it tonight and hopefully get involved!
I can't think of any better angel, than you!
Oh I meant to sign up for this when I saw is on Lisa's blog and forgot, thanks for reminding me!
That's really neat - I'm glad you are doing this - it will really touch someone!
My family has been touched by cancer in so many ways I don't even go into describing or naming off all of them anymore. Good for you for getting involved.
What a wonderful post. I am sorry for your loss, but am glad that you seem to be doing ok. I love the idea of the support system. I am going to go there and check that out! Thanks so much!
Hi J! Thanks for the comment! I hear what you are saying over at Alix's blog about freaking yourself out...though sounds do it for me more than movies. It is scary living alone. Also the pictures of you and Mr. "S" are ADORABLE!!
What a wonderful post!And I agree with Frannie´s comment!
I am FINALLY caught up on your blog!! You haven't updated about the CT scan yet, so I hope all is ok! Chemo Angels is a great idea!!
They'll love you, Jeannie, you're sooo enthusiastic and encouraging. Your words will bless others again and again.
Cancer has touched my life over and over (my mom died from breast cancer when I was 9, my grandmother the following year...and my sis is 10+ year survivor!!!). Thank you for what you're doing to bring "light" into other people's lives :).
Thanks for sharing this - i have headed over to apply:-)
You will make a perfect angel. :)
Post a Comment