February 15, 2008

Our Special Night......


Mr. "S" and I decided to stay at home rather than going out and fighting the crazy crowds!
I planned out this menu keeping in mind a few of our favorite dishes when we eat out:

I tried to create restaurant style shrimp cocktails...you think it worked?


I took some green leaf lettuce and laid it around a ice cream dish, I placed the shrimp around the rim of the dish and poured in a yummy zesty cocktail sauce!


This is one of Mr. "S" favorite appetizers when we go out to eat "Crab Cakes"
I bought this freshly made ( I just had to bake them)! I topped them off with a yummy honey mustard sauce!

Now for the Main Dish....
I pan-seared salmon and plated it with some garlic herb rice and steamed veggies!
Another picture of the Main Dish....

This was a last minute decorating idea (I didn't want to sit at the table and eat dinner like a normal person)...I was running around the house like a mad woman trying to find candles and pillows to decorate before Mr. "S" got home from work! I grabbed a red sheet, I laid it out on the floor in the living room in front of the TV, put our Valentine's Day table mats out, I placed about 12 candles around. So that is what you are seeing here....I wished I would have had more pillows to lay out!!!

This is our wine selection for dessert: Messina Hof Wine Port Barrel Reserve
I also used this wine to make the brownies...it's a DELICIOUS recipe!!!!
This is the fudge sauce I drizzled over the brownies...it's from Messina Hof Winery and it's made with the Port wine!
One brownie plated and decorated, one brownie to go!
I used a heart shape cookie cutter to cut the brownies out of the pan!
I drizzled it with the fudge sauce and topped it off with some powered sugar!

This is a picture of our yummy, sweet, chewy, fattening dessert and wine....Boy-O-Boy was it divine!!!!

So, if I had a restaurant would you come eat there? lol =) I'm just kidding! This was a fun and adventures night...something different!!!

Now for gift time...


I bought Mr. "S" some different types of cigars (that's what he is into these days)?!?!

Courvoisier Cognac
Mr. "S" has never tried this kind...I liked the packaging and the guy in the cigar shop said this is one of his favorite!



CAO Moontrance Cigars
Mr. "S" has tried these before and he likes them...I like the smell of them!
This picture shows a box...I only bought him (3) individual cigars!



CAO Moontrance Cigarillos
Moontrance is an intricate blend of natural exotic fruit and bourbon vanilla. Renowned for its caramel-like sweetness, bourbon vanilla is mixed with Georgia peaches and other organic fruits, then splashed with the tropical essence of white Hawaiian honey....See why I like the smell of these!!!! =)


Java by Drew Estate
The Java is made with a unique infusion of cocoa and espresso bean aromas into a well balanced mix of Nicaraguan tobaccos. The flavor is very subtle and well rounded.
This pictures shows a box I only bought him (1) individual cigar!

Vault SILVER colour Cigar Cutter

Sorry for the Cigar lesson!!! =) I just felt like adding that all in!!!!

I also bought Mr. "S" a Between Me and You Journals it's more for me than it is for him!!! He seemed like he liked it...I was shocked!!! I can't wait till he starts writing in it!!! =)

I bought him some candy...he loves cheesecake and Hershey came out with some new cheesecake kisses!!! YUM YUM...I'm sure I will help him eat them!!!


Now on to me...

Mr. "S" went to James Avery and bought me two charms for my bracelet!!!

The other charm he bought me was the letter "S" =)

He also bought me some candy and the movie "The Game Plan"!!! We just watched it a while back and it was as CUTE as could be!!!

That was our Valentine's Day and it was pretty SPECIAL!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow it looks like you had a great V-day! So romantic! I love the brownies they are so cute! They sure beat my "clean out the panty microwave cake" I made. I will post it this weekend. We didn't really do much because we just went to the Cheesecake Factory last weekend. His present to me is some paint for the house!
Glad to see you guys had such a great evening! I was hoping a ring might have been in these pictures! heehee

Alix said...

wow what a meal it looked absolutely fabulous especially desert much better than mine! Glad you had such a lovely evening the presents looked great too
have a good weekend

Wendy said...

WOW! Great gifts and great food:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Awwwww, what a sweet night for the two of you!!!! That dinner looks great!!!! Definitely better than my Burger King, lol!

The dessert looks especially yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great night. I'm in awe of your culinary talent. I wouldn't even attempt it!

The Hickmans said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your dinner!! Before I read that you made it, I thought you were at a restaurant- very impressive! I'm so glad you all had a great V-Day. :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I would eat at your restaurant if you had one. That meal sounds delish!!!

I also enjoyed the cigar lesson. Jeff's picking that up and that gives me some good tips.

Thanks again!!

frannie said...

that is the best looking dinner! I'm coming for v-day next year!!! you rocked it, chick-a-dee!!!

I love your charm!!!-- so cute!!

SJINCO said...

Wow! What a great Valentine's Day indeed! The food looked fantastic, and the gifts were awesome!

Glad ya'll enjoyed it together!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a wondeful Valentine's dinner and gift giving. :) ♥

Mandy said...

Wow, you are quite the chef!! That meal looked delicious!!! I would definitely come and eat at your resturant if you had one!!

CPA Mom said...

wow, you are an amazing cook!! All of your dishes look so good I want to eat them now!!

You guys go all out for gifts on Valentine's Day - I don't think we get each other that much on ANY holiday. How sweet you are to each other.