March 19, 2008

Easter Weekend

I'm so excited about this weekend...I can't wait! Easter and Halloween are my two favorite holidays!!!
Friday I'm off work...YIPPIE!!!
Saturday we are going to to the lake!!! =) We are going to host a BBQ with all the fixings at MR. "S's" dad's house (we would have it at our lake house but it's still not ready..tear-tear), we are inviting several of our friends, we will color Easter eggs with the kids (which I love doing), have a little Easter egg hunt for the kids and here is the kicker....have an "Adult Easter Egg Hunt"!!! =) I can't wait...we've never done anything like this!!!
Here are the details:
  • I wanted each adult to bring a $10-$20 gift
  • I would number each gift
  • I would place a number in a plastic egg for each gift
  • Everyone can see all the gifts and their numbers
  • I would hide the eggs
  • Everyone could run around the yard looking for the number in the egg of the gift they wanted...I figured this part could get very interesting if several people are going for the same gift...he he he!!!

So what do you think? Do you think my "ADULT EASTER EGG HUNT" will work? Do yall have any other ideas?

What are your plans for Easter?

Happy Easter!

To all my lovely blog buddies...would you please take a minute of your time to go check out Pensieve's Blog and click the graphic and answer a few questions? There might be a little something in it for you!!! =)

13 comments:

Beckie said...

You guys are so much fun - that sounds like a Blast!

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun. Every time I head into town, you head out! I'll be at my mom's.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I did the survey. I am cutting and pasting your linky to her. Hope its ok...

Have a wonderful Easter.

Dreamer said...

I think the Easter Egg Hunt sounds hilarious! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Jeannie, you're always the sweetest thang EVAH!

Just reading three words of yours makes me smile. :)

Thank you for always being a great encouragement to me...you always "speak" just when I need a pick up.

Your weekend sounds marvelous. I think the "best" egg prize would be a $20 bill!! Now THAT'S the one I'd knock someone down to get ;).

Happy Easter!!

(p.s. And THANK YOU ZILLIONS for asking your readers to fill out the survey on my page if they haven't done so already...I was scared NO ONE would fill it out and gosh...that was just a SAD, PITIFUL thought!!)

Alix said...

The Easter egg hunt sounds so much fun - enjoy!

Steffi said...

Have much fun on your long easter weekend!Mine can start just on saturday evening after my work ;O(!Enjoy it! Happy Easter!

Mandy said...

That easter egg hunt sounds like a blast!! I wish I lived closer!!

frannie said...

I think you are freakin' brilliant!!!!! I wish I were there with you.

They still haven't let Grandma come home yet. :(

Unknown said...

I hope you have a great Easter Weekend!

my4kids said...

The adult Easter egg hunt sounds like a great idea! I hope you had a great Easter party.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Sounds like a great idea! I will just go and read your next post and see how it turned out!

SJINCO said...

We spent Easter together as a family - hunted Easter eggs inside because IT SNOWED the night before and then went to my parents for Easter dinner.

It was great, and fun!