March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend Fun!!!

I hope everyone had a GREAT Easter! I can't wait to read every one's blog and get caught up on the FUN!!! =)

Our weekend was wonderful!

It started out on Friday with me being off work...yippee =) I slept in then watched a few of my day time TV shows! Mr. "S" worked a half day...when he got home we hit the road to go shopping! We had to buy all the food and drinks for the Easter Party!! We went out to eat at Chili's for a late lunch early dinner!!! YUM-O!!! I love their boneless buffalo wings!!! After that it was one store right after another...we looked for CUTE Easter decorations, table cloths and our gifts for the Adult Easter Egg Hunt!!! Mr. "S" picked out a Wal-Mart gift card for his gift and I ended up getting a Wickit Candle basket that included a 10 oz Creme Brulee Candle, vanilla bath salts, vanilla body wash, chocolate candy and a Easter Bunny! It was sooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! I actually wanted to WIN my Easter gift in the Adult Easter Egg Hunt!!! Mr. "S" and I finally got back home around 9pm on Friday night! I still had to make dips and potato salad for the party!!! Needless to say I was up till almost 11pm cooking and cleaning the kitchen!!! Boy was I tried Saturday morning when I woke up at 6:30am...I think I actually laid in bed till 7am!!! We had to be at Art's house (Mr. "S" dad) by 9am to give him the meat (chicken, hot dogs and sausage) to put on the BBQ Pit! Art was already smoking the ribs on the pit when we got there...he had been up since 4am cooking...YUM-O!!! Needless to say the meat was falling off the bones!!!




Here is the list of our menu:


Ribs, Beer Butt Chicken (If you don't have a clue what this is click here and here), 3 different types of sausage (garlic, spicy and venison), grilled shrimp, boudin (cajun sausage) and hot dogs for the kids! We also had baked beans, my homemade potato salad, shrimp cocktail platter, cheese tray and several types of chips and dips! Now on to desserts...I made two homemade peach cobblers, we also had homemade banana pudding, cheese cake, cookies, brownies, cup cakes, a cookie cake and some type of Strawberry Cream Cheese Jell-O desert with a pretzel bottom! Lets just say there was enough food there to feed an army!!!




After everyone ate I had to put all the food away...I'm a freak when it comes to food sitting out toooooo long (thanks to Frannie and her friends at some disease control lab place in Atlanta) after all the food was put away and the dishes were washed we started stuffing plastic eggs for the "Kids Easter Egg Hunt". We stuffed them with candy, toys, tattoo's, etc...they had a blast looking for them (I feel sorry for Art's flower beds)!!!





After the kids had their fun it was time for some "ADULT FUN" the Adult Easter Egg Hunt!!! We had sixteen different gifts! The gifts consisted of:




$20 gift cards (Academy, Wal-Mart and Pizza Hut), (2) sets of $20 Scratch Off Lotto Tickets, Wickit Candle/Bath Basket, Mary Kay gift bag, Movie Night Bag (popcorn, candy, root beer and a gift card to buy a movie), a camping fan for your tent, a Easter plant with a Wal-Mart gift card, a very pretty glass humming bird feeder, a muffin/cup cake holder with a cookbook, a blue metal tub filled with a 12-pk of Miller Lite (4) beer glasses and a bottle opener, a bottle of Vodka and 2 sets of stainless steel coffee mugs with Starbucks gifts cards!!! We had some really GREAT and some really CREATIVE gifts!!! I numbered the gifts so everyone could see what number each gift was and then I filled the plastic eggs with a number for each gift! Art hid the eggs and when he said go....everyone went!!! It was GREAT!!! Adults like to have fun too!!!! =) Everyone seemed to be very pleased with the gift they received!!!




After that we set up the table for the kids to dye Easter eggs! We made designs on the eggs, we stuck stickers on the eggs, we colored the eggs. we gave the eggs eyes...trust me they were "one of a kind"!!! =)




The guys played horseshoes and washer boards and later we all played some volleyball! It was a fun filled eventful day!!! I'm sure some of you are tired just reading all that I wrote!!! I know I'm tired just from typing it!




After it started getting dark and most everyone had left, Art built us a fire in his fire pit and we sat around and roasted weenies and marshmallows! It was so much fun!!! I felt like I was 10 again! Mr. "S" and I didn't get home till almost midnight! Yesterday we were sooooooooooooo wore out all we did was lay around and watch movies...it was such a great relaxing day!!!




Oh and a surprise to me...Mr. "S" had me a little Easter Basket with a card when I woke up...I was in such awwwwwwwwwwww because I'm such a sucker for things like this! Plus Easter is one of my favorite holidays!!! =) He is such a ***SWEETIE***!!! We said we weren't going to do Easter baskets this year because we were going to go out yesterday and buy bikes to ride on the bike trails behind our apartments (that didn't happen...we were to lazy to get up after our busy Friday and Saturday)! Tonight when we get home from work we are going bike shopping!!! Yippee!!!




I hope everyone had a GREAT Easter weekend and was able to spend it with such WONDERFUL friends and family as we did!!!






Me and Danielle





The "KIDS" getting ready to hunt eggs!





Dad and Mr. "S" playing horseshoes



Mr brother John and Eric playing horseshoes


Art the "GRILL MASTER" taking a break

I really wished I would have taken more pics than I did...I didn't get pics of half the people there!!! =(

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :) Love the pictures, and the beer butt chicken is HILARIOUS! :)

Alix said...

It looks like you had so much fun, lovely pictures. Beer Butt chicken - OMG LOL that is the best recipe EVER!!!

Mandy said...

We have beer butt chicken all the time...LOVE IT!!! You guys had such a fun weekend. That was so sweet of Mr. "S" to get you an Easter basket!! Have a good week!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great weekend full of family! Happy Easter! :) I loved seeing your family and the kids hunting eggs. :)

frannie said...

I wish I could have been there!!!!! I really do!! I would love to spend Easter with you... or any holiday for that matter.

I'm so glad that you had a nice time!!

Amy W said...

yI am coming to your house next year for Easter!

The Hickmans said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you had such a blessed Easter. BTW, I finally got my computer back!!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the weather perfect~!

la bellina mammina said...

Oh wow! What fun! and yeah, this is the first time I hear about beer butt chicken!! LOL!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

J, What basket did you win? Mr S? That look like such fun. I want an invite next year!(Smile)That strawberry cream cheese dessert is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! We didn't do anything other than go to church and take the pooches to the dog park. I miss my family come the holidays!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like enough food to feed an army! Glad that everyone had a great time!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!! Love the idea of the adult egg hunt! I heart beer chicken!

SJINCO said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love the photos and I love the creativity that you both put into the event!

Happy (LATE) Easter!

Steffi said...

Great pictures! I love to see it!