Yall know we've been waiting so L-O-N-G to get this phone call and Friday we finally did!!! At almost 5pm on Friday the bank called to tell us we were APPROVED on our LAKE HOUSE LOAN!!!! =)
I think it was the most exciting phone call I ever received!!!
Mr. "S" and I were at the bank Saturday morning bright and early to sign off on some papers! I go back to the bank today to sign a few more papers and then Friday we will be funded!!! =) This has been such a L-O-N-G journey! I never thought it would be this HARD to get a loan!!! It's not like we found a piece of land and a house we wanted to buy...NOPE...it didn't work like that! Mr. "S" and I found a the land and we bought it...with extra THANKS to mom, dad, my 401(k) and Mr. "S" boss. We all pitched in money so we could pay cash for the lots! Then we had the house moved on our land...at this point we owed, mom, dad and Mr. "S's" boss back the cash for the land andwe also owed for the house! Needless to say...when you go to a bank or a mortgage company there really isn't a TYPE of loan for this! We knew that we had all this collateral and everything was in our name...there were no leans on our property...after dealing with 2 different banks and a mortgage company a local banker sat down listen to our story and HOOKED us up!!! =) Thank GOD for him!!! You don't know how many prayers we have said!!!
So that was "OUR" great news Friday!!!! =)
Now I will go into our Saturday....
We met up at the bank on Saturday morning and signed off on the loan papers and then headed to my Paw-Paw's 93rd birthday celebration!!! It was GREAT...I would say there was about 100 people there...family, friends and church members. Yall just wouldn't get over how GREAT he looks, how GREAT he gets around! My Paw-Paw is such an inspiration to me. He lives by him self (my Maw-Maw passed away about 5 years ago) he farms his own land, he has cows, chickens, rabbits and a HUGE garden that we all pick our summer veggies from! Can you just imagine all the years stuffed away in my Paw-Paw's head...he talks about Maw-Maw when he first started dating her, he tells stories about my dad and his four uncles growing up...you wouldn't believe all the crazy country things they did!!! =)
After we left my Paw-Paw's birthday party we went by the lake house just to gaze at it and take it alllllllllllllllllllllllll in!!! =) WOW...it's such a WONDERFUL feeling to know you really own something! We own a piece of Texas and it feels so WONDERFUL!!!!
Yesterday we hung out at the house...cleaned, washed clothes, went grocery shopping and watched movies. It was a nice relaxing day!
I didn't get a chance to blog last week but I wanted to tell everyone about our NEW bikes! Mr. "S" and I went to Academy last Monday and bought 2 new bikes so we can do some trail riding behind our apartments!! Woo-Whoo!!! =) We went out Tuesday and road about 2 1/2 miles! It was fun and relaxing but I was wore out when we were done (how did we go and go and go when we were kids...I could ride a bike for hours not anymore)! I didn't realize how out of shape I was! I use to work out in the gym for 1 1/2 hours after work 3 times a week with a trainer when I first met back up with Mr. "S".....since then I've turned into this lazy slug bug!!! UGH =( So I'm hating myself in pictures, in the mirror and when I get dressed in the mornings for work!!! I'm not kidding...when I say I've put on 30 pounds...I mean it...I have put on 30 pounds!!! =( So we are on a health food kick! We are eating heard boiled eggs in the morning with a wheat white toast, I'm doing weight watchers dinners for lunch and then we will eat a wheat pita with ham, fat free cream cheese and steam some veggies instead of having chips! We will be changing this up so we don't get bored and quit! So wish us luck! Mr. "S" wants to drop 20 pounds and I would like to drop 30 if not more!!!
I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!!




















18 comments:
Wow~ sounds like an awesome weekend! :) Have a great week! :)
hell yes!!!!!! I am so happy for you that this all finally went through!!!!!!!!!! I know that you feel a million pounds lighter now!!!! What a great start to your weekend!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!! you own a little piece of America!!
Nice...glad that it finally went through so you can begin to actually enjoy the lake house:) YAY!!!
Congrats on the approval. Are you totally relieved?
Yeah, so pleased that the house is approved and you have your slice of Texas - very cool!
Good luck with the diet mine is not going well :(
Oh, J! That is AWESOME!! I hear another party in the works...
Speaking of parties, Happy BDay to PawPaw! He and my grandpa are about the same age. Mine will be 93 in May. Just recently he has become ill and I think it is the thought of not doing for himself that is killing him. UNtil now he hasdriven, planted like yours (My ggran also has a green thumb) I worry about him. I talked to him last week and he just said, "I'm not doing to good". Broke my heart.
I am glad that your Pawpaw is still in good health and spirits. It sounds like a wonderful party and certainly one worth celebrating.
YOU ARE NOT FAT! Pu-LEEZ! Stop saying that! However I do wish we lived close so you and I could motivate and bike together. That is awsome! I need to loose 30-40 pounds too. It is WAYYYYYY putta control. But I am belly dancing and doing stuff started yesterday. Praying I make it. I do not want to go to my 20th reunion as a big un. I will pray for you too (Though you look amazing!).
CONGRATS AGAIN.
ps added you to the roll (smile) long time coming...
Yippee!! You got a lake house and our lakes are starting to thaw. :)
93? Yeah!
Bikes are fun. :) We bought bikes in the fall and only got to take them out a handful of times. But the snow is melting so soon I'll be able to gret back out. :) Have fun!
POP that bottle of champagne....(and invite me over...lol!
Wow! What an exciting week you've had - congrats J!
Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys! Good Luck with the diet!!!
I am soooooooo happy for you guys!!!!! What a big load off of your shoulders!!!
Good luck with the bike riding! That is great exercise! And good luck with the healthy eating!
Yay! Congrats on the loan approval!
Sounds like a an awesome weekend!I wish you a nice week!
So, so very happy for you guys! Sounds like you had a very nice weekend.
That is so wonderful! Congratulations! I know how exciting it is to get approved-- we just went through it not that long ago.
Congrats on the loan!!
Sorry I never got to tell you how excited I am for you over the house and "other things"! I can't wait to see everything you do with the house!
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment