Mr. "S" and I had a GREAT weekend and it's been a while since we've had one of these...it was much needed fun!!! We started out Saturday at the bank to sign off on some loan papers for the lake house...yes, we are still working on the lake house loan...UGH...it's driving us crazy! This has been one of the most stressful things I've ever had to deal with!!! I guess it doesn't help with the bad housing market and all the foreclosures. Any ways we are one step closer!!! So keep your fingers and toes crossed that everything goes through...we should hear something back in a week or two! The bank said we should be able to close by April 4th!!! That is the BEST news I've heard in a L-O-N-G time!!! =)
Back to our weekend...
We left the bank and headed up to the lake house to work in the yard! We bought some sod to lay out around the house and boy-o-boy does it look good! The house looked sooooooo bare before...the sod made a world of difference! We are going to buy one more pallet next weekend for the side of the house!!! (I will REMEMBER to take make camera this time...I forgot it this weekend!)
My dad, my brother and Mr. "S's"' dad "A" were all there to help out!!!
Mr. "S's" brother showed up at the lake with a friend of his Leanne...her and I hit off right away!!! She just set up a blog (YESTERDAY) so yall PLEASE go over and welcome her!!! I was telling her how much FUN I have blogging and how many wonderful friends I've made (yall know who you are)...so I want all of you to meet her!!!! She is a SUPER SWEET person!!!
Okay, Okay, Okay back to the weekend....
After we were done working at the lake house we all went back to Mr. "S's" dads house "A". We sat around on the back porch talking, hanging out gazing at the beautiful water, feeling the heat from the sun and letting the wind blow through our hair....awwwwwwwwwwww....it was sooooooooooooooo relaxing...my description did it noooooooooo justice...I know, I know...I should have had my camera!!!!! My dad and brother decided to cut out a little early so the rest of us decided to go for a late lunch early dinner! We went to this COOL place on the water called the "Wet Deck"!!! We ate hamburgers out on the deck while soaking up the last bit of rays from the sun!!! Awwwwwwwwwww...it was soooooooooooooo wonderful!!! The guys decided to play a few games of horseshoes (brother against brother)! Later Leanne and I decided to jump in and play doubles...it was FUN!!! After that we went back to Daddy "A's" house...he built us a fire in his brick fire pit...we sat around and roasted marshmallows...it's been FOREVER since I've had roasted marshmallows.....YUM-O!!!! We all started getting tired so Mr. "S" and I hit the road and went back home...the hour drive kicked our butt!!!!
What a FUN Saturday!!!!
Yesterday was just as GREAT!!! Brother "S" and Leanne called to meet us for breakfast on their way back home from the lake!!! We went to a really cool place to eat called "Humble City Cafe" I wished they had a website so you could see this place for yourself! They have yummy homemade food!!! After breakfast brother "S" and Leanne headed back to their side of town which was another hour away!!! Mr. "S" and I went shopping to pick up a few things....well, one store lead to another store and before it was over I bought me two pair of really cool flip flops, a wallet and 2 shirts!!! We also bought Lil Miss "H" a Easter Basket that I need to ship today!!!! =) I guess I will be making a trip home for lunch since I left it at the house...UGH!!! My head wasn't screwed on this morning...lol =)
Here are a few pics that Leanne took with her camera!!!
This is a pic of daddy "A's" back deck looking out to the lake

This is a pic of "S" and Leanne...when we were getting ready to leave for the Wet Deck

Leanne showing us how to ride a "Harley"

Leanne and I roasting YUM-O marshmallows...I'm cracking up about something...oh yeah...I know what it was...Leanne forgot to put marshmallows on her stick and stuck it in the fire...it was hilarious!!!
Leanne and I standing around the fire pit! My jeans were not dirty or black...that was the smoke from the fire!!! I felt the need to let yall know that!!! HE HE HE

Yall don't forget to go say HELLO to Leanne...she is NEW at blogging and needs some friends!!! =) Any tips or ideas yall can give her will be GREAT!!!
I also wanted to say THANK YOU to Alix over at DC Days for giving me such a SWEET award!!!! =)

I would like to pass this on to a few of my blog friends:
Frannie
SJ
Robin
Alix
CPA Mom
Erin
Rachel
Stacy
Steffi
Leanne
Lisa
Holly
10 comments:
Holy cow, could you have linked to Leanne anymore??!?! I'll go right over, geez...
tehehehehe
I really wanted a roasted marshmallow now. Thanks.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend, I want marshmallows now or S'mores - my new favourite treat which I have only managed to have once!
Your deserve the award :) I always giggle reading you even if it is just at the amount of ! you can cram into a post :)
Off to say hello to Leanne now
Lol, I was thinking the same thing as CPA Mom! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!
What a fun weekend!! I love relaxing at the lake. I will go right over and check out Leanne!!
went by and said Hi to Leanne.
and just wanted to tell you I love you. We just got back from the hospital and grandma was in good spirits. she really enjoyed seeing Drama.
Great pictures! :) :)
That sounds like a good weekend! Thanks for stopping by the blog - I like CPA Mom :)
It was a great weekend!!! So much fun. We will DEFINITELY have to get together again soon!!!
Sounds like a great weekend! I bet getting the sod down around the house helped so much. I can't wait until we lay sod this year! I am tired of the mud!
I was going to ask you also where Mr. S was going in KY this week?
Thank you so much for the award. You are too sweet. I am so glad to have you as a bloggy friend.
Thanks so much sweetie for the award! And I'm going to visit your friend....
I haven't been blogging much lately so I'm just getting around to it - I've been super busy!
Post a Comment