May 12, 2008

Hard Working Men....

Wow-Wee, what a weekend!
The boys got a lot of work accomplished!
I took my blog title from the song
Hard Workin' Man by Brooks and Dunn!

Just so you know and it's documented...I worked too! Even though there isn't pics to prove it!
I covered up the 58' trench of water line!!! You will see pics of the trench below!

Just like last weeks post! I'm adding a lot of pics so sit back and enjoy or run while you can!!!

When we got to the house Saturday morning this is what we seen:

The county came up and set our culvert!!! Yippee!!!

"OUR DRIVEWAY"
We will install an actual driveway into the yard once the septic people are done with the aerobic sprinkler system. This system is taking up our WHOLE left lot 70x100! If you don't know what an aerobic septic system is click
here! We have to have this type of system because of our soil and because we are so close to the lake.

The is the trencher making it's first cuts in the dirt!

Dad is cutting the trench for the electric to run from the meter pole to the breaker box inside the house!!

Mr. "S" is measuring to make sure we are going deep enough for the electric!

I had to post this pic...it cracks me up! Look like my brother is holding up the meter pole!!! Actually it's holding him up!!!

Getting the extra dirt out of the trench!

Dad showing my brother how this machine works! Dad and Mr. "S" left us there to get the trench dug. They went to Lowe's to buy all the water line (PVC Pipe)!

The trench to the house is ready for the electric to be dropped in!

Dad is wiring up the meter box!

We hit a tree stump trenching for the water lines in the back of the house! The progress comes to a stop!

Dad chopping at the stump that was in the way of our trench!

Mr. "S" took his turn chopping the stump that got in our way!!!

This is the trench for the water line it will pipe up under the house! We are also installed a shut-off valve and a faucet!

Look at all these trenches! Wow-Wee we did a lot of work!!! Now it's time to cover the trenches back up! That is where I came in!

Look John is working!!! HA!



No plumbers crack here!!! =) Mr. "S" and his dad are installing the water line from the meter to the house! They are also hooking up a faucet!




Mr. "S" and I are so LUCKY to have such GREAT dads to help us!!!



Alert the media we've got W-A-T-E-R!!!!


This is the 58' of water line that I covered up all by myself!!! My back was hurting so bad yesterday...UGH!!! That is what I get for trying to be Shera the Princess of Power...lol =)

The meter box is ready to go! Now we are waiting on the light company to hook us up!!!

So that was our weekend it was full of work!!!



Sunday Mr. "S" and I went cruising around on the golf cart for a little R&R! I took some pictures I wanted to share. Give you something to look at other than WORK WORK WORK! =)
This house reminds me of a doll house...it's so cute!
This house just got a new paint job!

We like this house!

This is a new house that just went up! It's not a very good picture but the stone on this house is so pretty! Check out the water crashing up on the bulkhead! The water was really choppy on Sunday! We had a BIG storm come in Saturday night and it stirred things up!

I don't have a clue what type of flowers this is? I just thought it was pretty! This bush is growing up around a street sign in our subdivision!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah lots of work getting done! I have missed you and seeing what is going on. It looks like everything is going great!

Anonymous said...

Girl you guys got a bunch of stuff done. The house is coming right along. I am so proud of you guys. Keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

Oh it is so pretty where you live. I like that yellow house, if it comes up for sale I'm moving! I'm sure T can commute to DC :)

I bet you're thrilled with how much you got done. That thing your dad is using looks scary as hell!

frannie said...

wow! look at you go Shera!!! I can't believe you did all that by yourself! that is awesome!!!

things are really coming along!!

Unknown said...

Every weekend you guys get tons of stuff done! Yippe! Go girl go!

la bellina mammina said...

The flowers look like bogainvilleas - they're pretty common here in Singapore.

Boy, you have been busy! I'm tried just reading about it! LOL!

CPA Mom said...

I'm constantly amazed by all the work you guys are doing!! Yeah!! wonderful progress!

Mandy said...

Gosh...I am worn out just looking at all of your pictures!! You guys are working so hard!! Way to go!!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I know how tired you must be!! I cannot believe you guys are doing so much hands on labor. Last year Chris replaced the water lines on our place at the lake (it's at least 30 years old) and rented a backhoe to do the digging.