We had a blast!
It all started Friday night doing the last minute shopping before we headed up to the lake Saturday morning!!! We went out to dads house he was getting ready for a bbq catering gig he was doing! He cooked two bbq briskets and 3 lbs of pinto beans for us to take to the lake! YUM-O!!! While we were waiting for the briskets to cook he tossed on some t-bone steaks, ny strip steaks and baked potatoes boy were they good!!!
Saturday morning we got up, loaded the truck up and hit the door running! We got to the lake unloaded the truck, Mr. "S" and Pop's went over to work inside the house and get the ac (window unit) hooked up! I broke out all the patriotic decoration so we could get everything hung and looking cute! My buddy Danielle showed up to help me and Pops hang everything up! Mr. "S" was still over at the house working! We finally got everything done around 4pm! After all the hard work we kicked back and enjoyed the cool breeze on Pop's back porch! Danielle and I took the golf cart down to the cafe in our subdivision to pick up some dinner! We didn't feel like cooking Saturday night because we had so much to cook on Sunday!
Sunday morning started at 7am for me and didn't let up till midnight!!! I woke up and started peeling 15 lbs of potatoes for my famous German Style potato salad! This is an OLD family recipe! After that it was peach cobbler time along with several different types of dip and sweet tea! Mr. "S" brother and girlfriend Lisa showed up so I started helping her get things set up in the kitchen so she could prep the kabobs! At this point I haven't showered so I run and do that people start showing up! I jump out of the shower and throw some clothes on! I'm running around like a chick with my head cut off from here on out! I would say it was around 10:30 and I didn't stop and take a break till after 2pm! After everyone ate we put all the food away because everyone was ready to go out on the boats and jet skies to play! This is where I get stressed! We had five boats and 4 jet skies with about 30 people that needed to be shuttled out to the sandy beach area of the lake! We don't have water front so this was the tricky part! Pop's neighbor was out of town so we used his boat dock! I was the one in charge of people being in his backyard and on his boat dock! I must have ran down there 6 different times with 5 - 8 people each trip! Wow-Wee I was wore out! I went back to the house to take something for my head it was beating like crazy! I was hot, stressed and really hadn't eaten anything! Any ways I finally made it to the water hole around 4pm! Here are some pictures of our fun!!!
The buffet line! We had so much food!




Having fun in the water!



You can't really tell but this is a pic of me and Leeanne!
Jennifer & her soon to be hubby and one of her daughters!
Mr. "S" floating on my flower float!

Mr. "S", Me & Brian
Here we go......






It was such a pretty day! With a funny ending! Now I have to tell you the tow story! It was just our boat and John's boat left out at the swimming hole! We all loaded up and was ready to go except for Pop's boat wouldn't crank?!?! Why you might ask? Angie was sitting on an ice chest that was sitting on the fuel line! We didn't figure that out till we got back to the house and Pop's cranked the boat up!
Sunday night was the FIRST night we slept in our house! We all slept on air mattresses but it was neat just to say we stayed there for the first time! My brother had the front room with the futon and we had the air mattress in our room! Angie also brought an air mattress and set it up in our room because that is where the window unit ac was! I can't wait till we get our central air hooked back up! Texas it way to HOT for a window unit!
Monday we didn't do much of anything! Cleaned up, packed up went down to the boat dock to help Pop's with his boat and his girlfriends jet ski hung out for a little while and hit the road by noon! When we got home I took a four hour nap! I was sooooooooooooooooooo wore out! I woke up ate some left-overs and made Mr. "S" some homemade chocolate chip cookies! He's probably thinking I need to take naps more often!!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
I need to get caught up on all my blog reading!




















12 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast!!!! That food is making me hungry!!
Sitting on the fuel line is something I totally would do. Interesting we have the same name!
Great idea to have name tags!! That food looks awesome too - but girl, you look sunburned again!!! What happened to SPF?
Girl, I am tired from just reading about your crazy busy weekend!! It looks like you guys had a blast though!!
So glad you had a great time!! You are one super chick!!!! I loved the pictures- you have LOTS of friends, which means LOTS of good times. :)
It looks and sounds like you had so much fun!
I WANT the POTATO SALAD recipe! You need to post that b./c I am sure Im not the only one.
I saw your shoulder straps---were you wearing sunscreen? You looked burned! Be careful!
Hey-you havent said how it happened, what your dad said, etc....has the question been asked?
Ok, after you answer my questions-for goodness sakes, get some rest! Whew!
FUN!! I loved all the photos:)
I am so glad that you had fun!!!!
and I'm sure Angie really appreciates you telling that story! :)
I will post about the winner soon. really, really busy!!
Oh how exiting. I need a nap after reading your weekend. It looks like you guys had a blast. How you got such good water pics without messing up the camera I will never know. The girl in pink getting food looks like me before i got fat...
I don't know about you but we went to the river on Sunday and my face is STILL burned.
What a crazy fun weekend you had! Looks like you guys REALLY know how to throw a party.
Looks like you had a great weekend! We worked outside so I got some sun! I bet staying in the house was fun. Ours will be done soon! I will post pictures tomorrow.
How fun! I always love those fast paced, friend filled weekends, but they sure do take a lot of energy! The nap was certainly welcomed, I'm sure. LOL
Kristin
Great pics!I wish I could meet you too!
Post a Comment