We took the Galveston - Bolivar Ferry over to Crystal Beach. Mr. "S" family has never been on a ferry ride so I took a few pictures!
The kid-o's enjoying the ferry ride!
I took the kids with me to the top deck to look down at Code-ster, Mr. "S" and Mr. "N"!
Mr. "S" sis sat in the car! It was so HOT out!
Lil Miss "H" and I enjoyed the breeze on deck!
A day at Crystal Beach!
We had sooooooo much fun walking the beach picking up sea shells...the kids and adults were totally entertained! I was looking for sea glass but I didn't have any luck! =( Here are a few pictures from the beach:
After the beach we went on a Galveston Bay Boat Tour that was very interesting! I learned things about the harbor that I didn't know that existed! On the 45-minute narrated Baywatch tour, you'll see dolphin in their own natural habitat, the historic Galveston harbor, a World War II submarine and destroyer, the Tall Ship Elissa, as well as drilling rigs, ferry boats, and the mighty ship channel.Here is a little of what we saw:
This pic is so cute to me! Lil Miss "H" was all smiles and it looks like Lil "B" had to think about it!

Lil Miss "H" is ready to get on the boat!

Mr. "S" with Lil "B"

So sweet, So Cute! Lil Miss "H" with her dad!

Mr. "S's" Mom (Mama "C"), His sis "N", baby GG and Mr. "S" ~ Enjoying the boat ride!
Galveston has Ghost! Can you see the face on this wall?

The boat tour took us past the Ewing Hall (The Face) to see the ghost!
Here is a little story I found from the following website:
Ghost Tours of Galveston, Texas Top Ten Most Haunted List
This is the infamous "Face" that has stubbornly appeared on the University of Texas Medical Building Ewing Hall (UTMB) in Galveston, Texas. Legend has it that the gentleman's image that you will see embedded in the wall is none other than the original owner of the land that this building sits on. This Haunted building is off limits to the public, but the face is clearly visible from the harbor. The ghost story goes that the original owner supposedly told his family not to sell the land after he died and to keep it in the family. Upon his death, his family quickly sold the land that UTMB now sits on. He is said to now haunt the building and campus. According to legend, the face first appeared on the top panel of the building. The top panel of the building was then sand blasted and painted over. The face then appeared on the panel directly beneath it. This panel was subsequently sand blasted causing the face to move to the panel that it resides on today. UTMB eventually gave up trying to remove the face and it has become a permanent edition to Ewing Hall.
CREEPY HUH?

This is a HUGE ship that was coming into port. I was trying to get a picture of the dolphins. They were jumping up out of the water in front of the boat!

Mr. "N", Code-Ster, Lil Miss "H" and Me taking in all the scenery that the boat has to offer!
Lil Miss "H" is ready to get on the boat!
Mr. "S" with Lil "B"
So sweet, So Cute! Lil Miss "H" with her dad!
Mr. "S's" Mom (Mama "C"), His sis "N", baby GG and Mr. "S" ~ Enjoying the boat ride!
Galveston has Ghost! Can you see the face on this wall?
The boat tour took us past the Ewing Hall (The Face) to see the ghost!
Here is a little story I found from the following website:
Ghost Tours of Galveston, Texas Top Ten Most Haunted List
This is the infamous "Face" that has stubbornly appeared on the University of Texas Medical Building Ewing Hall (UTMB) in Galveston, Texas. Legend has it that the gentleman's image that you will see embedded in the wall is none other than the original owner of the land that this building sits on. This Haunted building is off limits to the public, but the face is clearly visible from the harbor. The ghost story goes that the original owner supposedly told his family not to sell the land after he died and to keep it in the family. Upon his death, his family quickly sold the land that UTMB now sits on. He is said to now haunt the building and campus. According to legend, the face first appeared on the top panel of the building. The top panel of the building was then sand blasted and painted over. The face then appeared on the panel directly beneath it. This panel was subsequently sand blasted causing the face to move to the panel that it resides on today. UTMB eventually gave up trying to remove the face and it has become a permanent edition to Ewing Hall.
CREEPY HUH?
This is a HUGE ship that was coming into port. I was trying to get a picture of the dolphins. They were jumping up out of the water in front of the boat!
Mr. "N", Code-Ster, Lil Miss "H" and Me taking in all the scenery that the boat has to offer!
Lil "B" and Lil Miss "H" getting ready to take off in the boat!
You can read more about the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa HERE
1877 Tall Ship Elissa! She is very impressive!!!
Later on that afternoon we went for Dinner at the Rainforest Cafe
Lil Miss "H" with her yummy drink and Monkey JD!
Lil Miss "H" with Cha! Cha!
Me and Mr. "S" ~ We were so wore out! This was a L-O-N-G day!
Me, Lil Miss "H", JD and Mr. "S"
Me and Lil Miss "H" and JD the monkey! He came alive in the Build-A-Bear Workshop inside the Rainforest Cafe! It's was a lot of fun for the kids to have something to do while we waited to be seated!
Mr. "N" and Lil "B"
Mr. "S" baby sis "N", baby GG Mr. "N" and Lil "B" at the Rinforest Cafe
Lil Miss "H" came all the way to Texas to see her daddy and get this "Volcano" from the Rainforest Cafe! It was so big it fed 6 adults and 2 kids!
What a day, What a day! We didn't get back home till 10:30pm! The kids went to sleep in the car within minutes of leaving the Rainforest Cafe!




















15 comments:
I remember being in Brownies and going to see the Elissa. I'm confused. Mr S is from Houston, right? Didn't you know him way back when? So, why is his sister so shocked by the weather?
This was such fun! I loved seeing all your pictures--- I felt like I was there with y'all!!!!
and that ghost story is creepy!
FUN! I loved the ghost story. I am about to go and read about Ship Elissa. That looks like a blast.
I do not think we have sea glass on our beaching. I would love to find some!
Great pictures!
that ghost story is spooky - I can see the face!! Did you see the ultrasound with Jesus in it that was in the news this week??
Love all the pictures - you guys had such fun!!! She looks JUST like her dad. a Mini-Me for Mr. S!
What an awesome time you guys had!! I so wish I there...it looks like so much fun! I love the Rainforest Cafe...it is such a fun place!
That is really creepy about the face on the wall but I can totally see it.
Great photos!! Love all the smiles. The face on the wall of the building - I love stuff like that.
Have a great day!
Kristin
What a great day! I love her cake and her hat. You look fab too and so brown you jammy so and so!
That face thing is seriously creepy! I love a good ghostly happening though so thanks for sharing :)
There's so much here I know I'll foget stuff so let me first say it all looks wonderful! A great time for all.
I never knew Galveston had a ghost and I've been there a few times. How cool, how sad I missed it but glad you shared. I totally saw it!
You guys are so cute! And Lil Miss H too!
Love the Elissa!
I used to live in San Antonio and we would go down to Galveston every once in awhile... I even almost moved there once.. I found this apartment right by the water for super cheap and almost talked myself into it ... but then I decided I liked San Antonio to much so I didn't move.
Looks like a fun day!
Everyone was looking so tired by the end of the day, I bet that volcano helped perk everyone back up! It looks yummy! Looks like you had lots of fun.
What great photos!
just dropping in to say hello.
wedding contest post up at my place!
Post a Comment