June 5, 2008

Beach Wedding Road Block

Today I decided to contact the Cruise Line "Wedding Planner" to talk about the "Shore Side" wedding package because all of you know that my "DREAM" wedding is to be married on a beach very casual and relaxed setting! The open waters and endless sky is a backdrop from heaven! That's all I want! I'm not asking for much...am I? The lady we booked the cruise with assured me us could have a beach front wedding in Jamaica when we docked at the port! The "Wedding Planner" sure did burst my happy little bubble when she said it was actually a wedding in the "GARDEN". I was like "WHAT"? No way! I want to see pictures of this place because this isn't what "WE" signed up for! I'm not really happy as of right now! I feel we've hit a "BEACH" wedding road block! I don't want to get married in a garden! Nothing against it! We just want a beach wedding! I want to feel my toes in the sand and the wind in my hair!!!!

So I've been looking into a few other places....
Checking around to see if we can still do the cruise but use their wedding ("BEACH" facilities)! Here is a link I've found so let me know what you think!
Half Moon Resorts in Montego Bay, Jamaica
I think it's beautiful but very pricey! I've emailed several others such as resorts, wedding planners and photographers in the area! I'm just waiting to hear back! So now it's not just a road block it's a sit back and wait kind of thing!!


Check out this Photographer I found! Sungold Photography!!
They even have a blog click here they look like really FUN people!! I sure hope they can give me some informative information!


So there ya have it! That's a wedding up date! If you call it that! HA!!!

10 comments:

frannie said...

WHAT?!?!?!? I can't believe that!!!

just in case-- the cruise is refundable through December. If you need to change your mind and find a different cruise that will let you get married on the beach!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I don't blame you. It's your wedding and you only get to do it once, so it should be what you want. That resort is beautful by the way!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I wouldn't settle for a garden either. You can do that there in Texas! The photographer looks really good! You know you can always fly me down there and I would do it for free! haha Just kidding! Seriously I can help you on any questions you have about the photography end of things. I sure hope you can find something that will work so you can have your toes in the sand!

CPA Mom said...

Wow, those wedding photos on May 10th on their blog...just wow!!

Ok, at least you found out NOW before you got there. I've been married on the beach and in a rose garden. Either are beautiful but it's important to get what YOU want.

Fingers crossed!

BS said...

Bummer ... hopefully the cruise director can set something up for you.

Unknown said...

Hey I thought I was going with. ;)

I bet it will all be besutiful! And hope it's everything you dream. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Maybe you can ask if the ship captain preforms weddings? If he is ordained. MAny are. If so, I would contact him and ask if he would do it and for what price. Get off the ship. Onto the beach with your guest and wed. Check into that. I will bet alot cheaper too.

Do NOT settle for less. I ALWAYS wanted a beach wedding. I wrote a paper on it when I was 16 for my home ec class. I have 2 weddings, neither of which were beach.
I wish I had done what I wanted not someone else.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

a garden is a garden, a beach is a beach. There alot of difference in dirt and sand. Stand your ground for the sand.

Mandy said...

I can't believe that!! It seems like when you book things, people will always tell you what you want to hear in order to get the trip booked!

I hope everything works out great! I know it will!! Just stick to your guns and get the wedding of your dreams!

Steffi said...

WOW... I can´t believe it!The location for your wedding looks perfect and fantastic!I am really jealous!Wedding and a beach - that´s a dream!