July 24, 2008

Snake looking for shelter.....

I went out on our apartment patio this morning to see how bad it was really raining to find a snake taking shelter from the rain and mushy ground. Let's just say I gave him the boot! No snakes allowed buddy! =) I tried taking a picture of the snake with my camera phone but it didn't turn out so good! So I'm not going to attempt to post it. Yall would be like, "Where is the snake, I don't see it" lol

Moving on......
Monday night my Durango started running funny? Like it was missing or something? I didn't know if I bought some bad gas on my last fill up or if one of my spark plugs wasn't firing?!?! (Are yall wondering why I might know things like this? I received "Miss Goodwrench" my senior year! Yep, I took Auto Mechanics as one of my electives!) Any ways, I didn't think much of it until yesterday...it got really bad...I thought it was going to die on me at the red light coming to work! I would have been totally embarrassed! I made it to work but left again for lunch (hello, what was I thinking) and it did the same thing...even worse...I seriously felt like I was riding a motorcycle because it was idling so rough. Then my check engine light came on! YIKES! It's time to worry! I called Mr. "S" and I didn't get an answer so I call my dad. He has a buddy that works on cars. We dropped it off at his house last night! He has already called me today to let me know it's ready! Thank goodness! There was a short going to the fuel injectors or something like that!! No parts needs! Do you know how SWEET it is to have a mechanic FRIEND? If I would have taken my car into a mechanic shop I would have came out hosed! I'm so thankful it was nothing major! We are hoping "OLD FAITHFUL" (my Durango) will hold up until November when we can trade her in for a new gas saving car! Does anyone have any ideas for a cute, cheap, 4-Door, good warranty, gas saving car? I don't have a clue what I want. Mr. "S" is really digging the Mazda 3. I just want the best car for the best price. I'm a shopped. I will compare cars till I'm blue in the face. When I bought my Durango there was no comparing, I just knew what I want. There was no if's, and's or but's...I just got it and I loved everything about it! Now she is old, wore out and uses way to much gas! I can't keep up with her anymore! =( I will miss her! So if yall have any car tips for me...I'm all ears!

Wow, two post in two days...I actually had something to talk about!
Don't get your hopes up...I'm sure it's a fluke!


Here are some lake house pictures from the past weekend!



Mr. "S and Pop's building our steps!


The new porch railing and new $99 front door!


This is the lake view from our front porch!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saw a snake and stopped to take a picture!!! Why did you not run screaming into the house???

I know I've said it before but can I just say how much I love that you were Miss Goodwrench and the fact you got to take auto mechanics at school - how cool is that???

I have a Honda Fit, which is quite small by US standards but I love it. Otherwise no idea I know nothing about cars.

Lovely pictures, it is coming on well. The door is fab.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Love the view! I don't have any suggestions on cars for you. Maybe the Ford Focus?

Anonymous said...

Everything is looking so good. I wish we had the kind of view ya'll have! I just posted our kitchen pictures. Come check it out!

How are the wedding plans going?

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!! Thank you for passing on my information to Karen. She did contact me. Unfortunately I have bad news. I am currently not taking orders right now. I actually had to stop due to some health problems. The problems I was having was stress related and could interfere with my plans to get pregnant in Sept. So everything is on halt right now. I am glad I was able to make some bags for you before all this happened! Thank you so much for the referrals though, you are quite the sale rep!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Had to laugh at the snake story.

And yes! I will bet it is SWEET to have a mechanic FRIEND!! Wish I did. Really, life is good if your know one. That and a computer guru. I married that one. BUt he knows zilch on a car. I know more than he does. And yet another thing we have in common. I do know a bit. I rememebr when I was 15 my mom (she had theee brothers who all loved cars) taught me how to check oil, transmission fluid, jump a car, change a tire, put in air...basics but alot of women do not know these days.
I LOVE the door and the porch! It looks amazing!!!

Finally, are you or "Sunny" going to post the entrees for the bouquet contest? And the winners bouquet? I wanna see my competition. LOL!

CPA Mom said...

I was going to say Honda Fit - you and I have talked about it before. Hybrids are good but not if you are doing highway driving.

Any new wedding plans?

That is one thing I miss about having my dad in my life. He is a mechanic. Now I just get hosed.

Julie said...

How about a Honda Civic? THey are so reliable and everyone seems to love them.

Nice view!

Frannie said...

I love the door!!!

and I'm so glad that the durango wasn't a big fix! whew!!!!

it's so late, and I have so much to do to get ready for the party tomorrow!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I tagged you at my place....

Steffi said...

Lovely pictures! I love your view from your Lake house!I wish I could visit you there!

Unknown said...

Your lake house is looking great!

I would be giving the snake the boot too. :) Hard to believe you were so casual about it tho. :)

I used to have a red Durango and boy could it eat gas. We have a Rav4 now. :)