July 25, 2008

Wedding Update....

A few of you left me comments on my last post asking how the wedding plans were coming along and asking for a wedding update.....


Well, there really isn't one? Update I mean! lol! Got ya there didn't I? I haven't really thought much about the wedding! I don't know why but maybe I'm just kind of blah with that too? The initial excitement is over and the sail date is so far off. We are more consumed with the house right now than anything!

I was a little upset the other night at dinner. My dad came over to eat with us and he asked me, "what about this cruise"? My mom spilled the beans! UGH! I haven't had the chance to sit down and talk to dad about the cruise. I was soooooooooo mad at her! I even gave her a piece of my mind yesterday and she hung up on me! If yall only new my mom like Giants Fan does. Some of you may or may not know, my mom and dad are split up and have been since 1995. They just never divorced. I don't know why they never divorced? They are weird! I was pissed at my mom because it wasn't her place to say ANYTHING to my dad about the cruise and our wedding. It was "OUR" place to ask dad. So, dads answer was NO! He said he wouldn't go on the cruise its not his "THING" but he would pay for mine and Mr. "S" tickets. (I would much rather have him there with us than pay for our way!) Then he proceeded to ask me if I really wanted my mom to go...lol! I think that might be one reason why he isn't going. Who knows? I can't see my dad away from the house for 7 days out on the water in the Caribbean. For real! He is a home-body! He likes to piddle around. He likes to work on things. He has animals to tend to. He has 15 acres to mow. I'm just sooooooooo torn! I figured my dad would say no but there was this deep down feeling in side me he would still say "YES". So I'm a little bummed out! =(

Other news.....
It's the weekend! YIPPEE! As if yall didn't already know that! HA! I had to remind you! We are headed up to the lake house tonight after work! Tomorrow we are doing sheet rock work inside, mudding the walls where there are cracks from the move, taping and floating! I can't wait till we start painting! I love to paint! I also forgot to tell yall about the laminate hardwood flooring we bought last Friday night! We are going to install it throughout the whole house! I'm so excited!!!! We were going to leave the existing carpet in the house because it was fairly new but we couldn't pass up the clearance price of $0.97 a square foot and it was the color and look we have been searching for!

That's it for me, for today...till Monday...Over and Out!!!! I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll try not to work to hard! lol! That'll make Mr. "S" laugh!

9 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Hopefully your dad will change is mind. Like you said, the sail date is far off.

I hope you guys have a great weekend!

Frannie said...

oh, I'm so mad at your mom!! that is just like her to do that to you!! tell her I said to not sit on the peaches while she is on the cruise! LOL

I know you are so bummed about Dad not going. I'm sorry sweetie. But, it is really nice for him to pay for your tickets. and you can have a party when you get back-- there will be a lot of people wanting to celebrate with you!

That Chick Over There said...

Have a great weekend. Sorry about your mom.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Mum upsetting you like that. Hope your dad changes his mind or as GF says you can have a nice party with him when you get back.

Enjoy the Lake House and have a great weekend!

la bellina mammina said...

Have a great weekend!

Am sorry she'd spilled the beans;-)

Steffi said...

I hope your dad will chance his mind!!!!Sorry to hear about your mom!
Have a nice weekend at the Lake house!

Unknown said...

Dang, sounds like our moms are alike. My momma can't keep a secret, any secret, god love her.

Sorry your daddy won't go cruising with you. :(

Anonymous said...

Bummer about your dad! None of my family was at our wedding so I would say take what you can get. I would be frustrated with your mom too but that is what moms are for aren't they??? To frustrate us! Thats why we love them. Sounds like the house is coming along. So exciting that you are getting to work on the inside! I can't wait to see!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of your kids enjoying the snow. We never have snow, so it always looks like fun to me.

Thanks for stopping by my giveaway! Come visit anytime!