August 20, 2008

2 for 2 ~ Plus Packing It Up!

I was up with the chickens again this morning! No burning daylight for me! There wasn't much daylight this morning just yucky rain showers (I'm sooooooooo ready for the rain to move on ~ even though we needed it)! Woo-Who! I'm 2 for 2! If this doesn't get me adjusted to getting up early once we move to the lake house I don't know what will? So back to my morning! I did it again today (I kind of need to brag on myself so I will continue to follow through)! I woke up 6:15am ~ made breakfast (bacon, egg, ff cheese taco ~ it wasn't very good ~ kind of blah ~ I think it was the 96% ff tortillas I bought), made homemade salsa, packed our lunch and cleaned the kitchen! I did NOT want to get out of bed since it was raining and nasty outside! I wanted to sleep in soooooooooooo bad! I didn't have time for a elliptical work out this morning! =( Oh well! There is always tomorrow! I wanted to mention that I've also been taking Woman's One A Day Vitamins! I think this is helping me get through the day! For real! Oh yeah and the Crystal Light Metabolism + Peach Mango Green Tea this really helps me make it through the day!

About last night...
I posted I was going to take some boxes home so we could start packing and that is just what we did! Last night was garage sale night! I did good but Mr. "S" did even better! I filled a WHOLE (BIG) box up with stuff I don't want! I seem to have the HARDEST time parting with flip flops (I'm a flip flop freak)! I was able to put 6 pairs in the garage sale box! YIPPEE for me! I was also able to put 2 stuffed pigs in the box! (Yes, I love pigs for whatever reason and anytime someone sees a pig they think of me....not cool huh? Well, it's nice that they are thinking of me but hopefully not as a PIG! lol)! Any ways, I also tossed a scanner that I won at a Christmas party at work! It's never been used! I managed to go through some old perfumes I never liked! So I will sale those full bottles in the yard sale! Plus some clothes ~ tons of shorts, tops and jeans!

Oh and tonight I'm going to list some stuff on ebay! Wish me luck! I have 3 pair of Tommy Hifiger shorts, 1 pair of polo shorts, a pair of BKE jeans (I'm thinking I can get $20+ for the jeans ~ I was researching all my stuff on ebay last night click
HERE and HERE ~ these are pre-owned same style just different size), a Michael Kors purse (that was giving to me ~ these are going for a lot of money) and some kind of Italian purse that was given to me!!!! I think I'm going to do good! I'm going to TRY and get all this stuff listed tonight! Mr. "S" also has (2) really nice (like new) leather jackets that we will be listing on ebay as well! One is a Wilson Leather vintage looking jacket that he paid $300+ for (hello, what was he thinking ~ oh wait he wasn't lol)!!! That boy has some strange addictions for leather jackets! I guess it's because he is from Ohio! He just needs to get over the leather jacket fix...heck we live in Texas!!!! I can get through the winter with ONE jacket!!!!

So with all that ~ I feel we are off to a GREAT start!

Oh yeah, one of my blog buds left me with a great tip yesterday and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the whole idea!!! So if you have TIPS about garage sales, packing, moving, tossing, down sizing, donating please let me know! She commented and said, "Throw something away every day. Be sure to have one of those boxes set for giving to Goodwill. Mark that box with neon paper or something, so it doesn't get packed! ~
Kristin" I love the idea of tossing something each and every day! I can do that for sure!!!! =) We are going to hold off on the Good Will box for now they all say Garage Sale! If it doesn't sale at the yard sale it will all go to Good Will!!!

One last thing! I found this really cool "
SHELF LIFE CHART" and wanted to share with you! I think this will help us pack up the kitchen! If it's old or getting old it's NOT going with us to the lake house! =)

7 comments:

Mandy said...

WOW!!! You guys have been busy! I can completely relate to your obsession with pigs. I went to school at the University of Arkansas and we are the Arkansas Razorbacks so a pig is our mascot!! I love them too!!

CPA Mom said...

Good for you!! Keep doing it and it'll be a habit! I've been getting up at 4 since 1/1 and I think it's safe to say it's a habit now. It's too bad I don't live near you - I'D buy the scanner - my scanner is so old, it doesn't work with my new laptop (Vista). Is eBay hard to learn? Seriously, I've never sold anything there but I've thought about it.

Anonymous said...

How much do you want for the scanner? We don't have one and could really use one!

It sounds like you are doing good! Oh and now lay off of Mr. S for being from Ohio! It is pretty cold there and you would freeze your butt off and want to where both of his jackets at once! heehee

The Hickmans said...

Yea for you- way to go! Keep it up. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

If th4e ebay things dont sell put them on your blog....or put as link to the ebay things. You might make a sell through your blog!
Good Luck! Hope you do well!


PS let me know if you hear back from seibels

Ronnica said...

The biggest tip I have for packing (I've done it a lot...) is to never pack something unless it's for sure something you want to keep. If you just focus on the for-sure's, you'll just end up with a bunch of maybes and no's, and you can get rid of them.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

btw-i HAVE LOTS OF PIGS i COULD GIVE YOU. i TOO USED TO COLLECT (i HAD A PET PIG NAMED PORKCHOP) Sweetest thing.
Anyway I collected and people gave and now I have gotten rid of so much. WIsh you lived closer....