
It's MONDAY and it's time for MENU PLAN MONDAY!!! Woooooooooooooo-Whooooooooooo!!!!
I'm not as ORGANIZED as I would like to be this week! Dang it! =(
We were at the lake house working later than normal yesterday and we didn't feel like going to the grocery store on our way home!!! So we are going to hit it up tonight and get back on track!!!
Needless to say I didn't get up at 6am and cook breakfast or pack our lunches this morning as planned!!! I feel bad for skipping out on my plan I blogged about on Friday! I'm already screwing it up!!! =( Plus the forcast is showing rain all week so that is going to screw up our after work workout plan!!! =(
So here is our Menu for the week:
MONDAY:
Breakfast - Oatmeal ~ Real Maple & Brown Sugar (YUM-O)
Lunch - We are both eating out! =( I ate Olive Garden Soup & Salad
Dinner - Any'tizers Pork Mini Ribs (don't look at the fat grams), Baked Beans and Baked (not fried) Tater Tots
Activity - Depending on the weather we will be riding bikes, going to the pool or packing up the apartment
TUESDAY:
Breakfast - Bacon, Egg & FF Cheese Taco with Homemade Pico
Lunch - BLT and Sun Chips
Dinner - Wheat Pita with Boar's Head Mesquite Wood Smoked Turkey Breast, FF Cream Cheese, Green Leaf Lettuce and Homemade Pico with Sun Chips
Activity - Depending on the weather we will be riding bikes, going to the pool or packing up the apartment
WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast - Bacon, Egg & FF Cheese Sandwich
Lunch - BLT and Sun Chips
Dinner - Wheat Pita with Boar's Head Mesquite Wood Smoked Turkey Breast, FF Cream Cheese, Green Leaf Lettuce and Homemade Pico with Sun Chips
Activity - Depending on the weather we will be riding bikes, going to the pool or packing up the apartment
THURSDAY:
Breakfast - English Muffin with Brummel and Brown Simply Strawberry Creamy Fruit Spread
Lunch - Tuna Fish Sandwich and Chips
Dinner - Wheat Pita with Boar's Head Mesquite Wood Smoked Turkey Breast, FF Cream Cheese, Green Leaf Lettuce and Homemade Pico (These Pitas are YUMMERS) with Sun Chips
Activity - Depending on the weather we will be riding bikes, going to the pool or packing up the apartment
FRIDAY:
Breakfast - Bacon, Egg & FF Cheese in a Whole Wheat Pita
Lunch - Tuna Fish Sandwich and Chips
Dinner - Frozen Pizza - It's just Fast & Easy! I will make it and we will eat it on the way to the lake to save time and money!
Activity - None
As you know our weekends are crazy busy working at the lake house so we don't plan our weekends out! We just eat on the go! This past weekend I cooked a really good breakfast and it gave us fuel to work through lunch and just eat dinner!!! It consisted of scrambled eggs with tomato and onions, grilled potatoes and onions, ham, sausage links, bacon, biscuits and FF pepper gravy , homemade salsa, milk and orange juice! It was a breakfast fit for a king!
Our menu is looking a little dull this week! We are trying to cut down on what we eat at night because we ALWAYS go over board and eat way toooooooooooo much at night! That is why we are doing the Pita's 3 nights a week for dinner! I'm also trying to do something easy so we can eat and head out the door on our bikes! It's healthier and it will cut down on kitchen cleaning time which I'm all for!!! =)
If you would like to join in on this weeks Menu Plan Monday click HERE, you will totally get addicted!!!!!




















8 comments:
replying to your comment on my MPM re: low GI diet. Yes, it's working well, i've lost 9.5 lbs in 4 weeks, my goal is 17 lbs, so I've over halfway there! the hardest part was cutting out sodas. Basically, it's lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, and whole grains for your carbs, so no potatoes, no sugar, etc. I use whole grain or whole wheat, low carb breads and tortillas. I have really enjoyed the food so far, and MOST of my recipes and easily adaptable to this way of eating. The books give you a list of red light, yellow light, and green light foods so it's pretty easy to follow. Thanks, and I enjoyed your blog.
Oh, and those pitas sound really good!
Hey! Thanks so much for the fried recipe - looks great! I really like how you have an activity listed every day, too - that's some great motivation!!
your weekly plan looks awesome - very tasty! it's inspiring to see you executing your plans day after day - nice job ;)
This looks good. I like to cook too much to cut down on dinner like that. We usually eat healthy but I have been baking more sweets than usual since we have the new kitchen. I need to start doing healtheir desserts!
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blogs and for all the wonderful and sweet comments! You mentioned the rain (we'd love to have some of that here, it never/rarely rains, cry) ... not sure if your pool is open when it's raining but when we belonged to a pool (in a diff state) I loved going when it was raining (not lightning). Few folks there and you are wet anyway!
Your menu looks great, light and summery, which I should be doing more of. We love pitas and I never think of them. Thanks for the idea!
Cheers, Kiy
We had breakfast tonight for dinner (last minute change in the menu plan), but the breakfast you mentioned with all the works sounds great about now!
Thanks for stopping by!
:)
I too love getting new ideas. I also like the Crystal Light Green Tea Metabolism Booster. Hope it works. Enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck on your impending move. Rachel
Post a Comment