We woke up Saturday morning and Mr. "S" tackled the flooring in the utility room! We thought we would pull up the old vinyl flooring and set the new hot water heater in it's place! HA! Wishful thinking! When we pulled up the old flooring you could see major floor damage and mold from where the OLD hot water heater leaked! So we had to STOP right there tear out the wooden floor, pull down water damaged sheet rock and remove the old yucky insulation! So off to Lowe's we went with a L-O-N-G material list! We were thinking we were going to Lowe's for plumbing supplies (for the bath tub and hot water heater) we added building materials (3/4" treated plywood $30 a sheet, green board and insulation)! Our total bill came out to $180+! I hate going to the check out stand at Lowe's...I cringe each and every trip! Not to mention that Mr. "S" had to make a 2nd and 3rd trip to Lowe's that came out to $90+!!!!
I will say that we accomplished the install of the hot water heater and bath tub plumbing! We also prepped the kitchen, utility and bathroom area so we can texture and paint next weekend! We did not hang the blinds, pull out the old carpet nor the base boards! It's just one of those things...you take it one step at a time! Dad was able to work on the electrical and get the AC unit working again! I don't know if I blogged about the AC unit going out after our friend came up and worked on it! =( Well, dad found some electrical connections that weren't hooked up very well! That was a CHEAP fix! Thank goodness!!!!
Sometimes I think it would have been sooooooooooooooo much easier to buy something that was move-in ready! We have put so much time, money and effort into this place!
Here are a few pictures from this weekend!
You can tell it's still under construction! This picture is the utility room where we installed the new hot water tank! We still have to patch the sheet rock (replace it with the green board) and lay vinyl flooring!
This is what our hardwood flooring looks like!
Close up of the flooring color!
These lights will be installed in the kitchen and the utility room!
This is the kitchen faucet we bought
This is the bathtub after Mr. "S" installed the new drain and three handle tub-shower faucet
This is what our bedroom closet doors will look like! We still need to install and paint!

This is part of the bedroom wall and part of the closet area! It's not a very good picture! Sorry! I was trying to get a picture of the paint color! Here is the color we picked click HERE!



























8 comments:
I know what it's like to feel like one thing always leads to another. We bought an old house and fixed it up- sooooo much work!!
I know how hard remodeling is- My parents house has always been a work in progress- It was built in the 50's and they keep haing to update stuff!
sorry- trying to catch up! It's been crazy here.
I know that it is such a long process, but y'all are doing great!!! And it is going to be so wonderful when you are done!
You're commenting on my blog right now LOL so I thought maybe you had updated yours and you did!!
Oh dear - I SOOOOO understand going to the Home Improvement store a million times saga. The kitchen floor in our flip was like yours - 10 layers of crap covering a subfloor that was only being held together by the 10 layers of crap on top of it lol
A move in ready house is great. I moved into our condo that was new and finished. But we had to fix something, so we purchased a flip LOL You'd end up working on something - might as well be your own place!
Wow busy, busy! Looks like you're doing well though.
Wow...this looks and sounds very busy my dear "J"!But I think it will be nice when you are ready!
The floor is beautiful! I think of you on the weekend when I am watching the home improvement shows. I can't even imagine how much work it is! You two are brave :)
I love the paint color and the faucet! The faucet looks like ours except we have the oil rubbed bronze finish. Oh I love the floor too! Is it just the click and lock laminate like what we used? You had questions just shoot! Blake knows how to lay real hardwood or the laminate. So I tried making salsa...it is so good. I will post about it!
I know the feeling of uncovering one thing to find another! Everything is looking great though!
Post a Comment