August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday ~ August 25th


Our menu is nothing to brag about this week! It's very blah! Sorry! We are moving out of our apartment 09-27-08 and we don't want to pack up all the "Fridge Food"!


So here is our Menu for the week:

MONDAY:
Breakfast - Oatmeal ~ Real Maple & Brown Sugar
Lunch - McDonals FREE Chicken Sandwich & Sweet Tea
Dinner - BBQ Ribs (dad made for us & froze), Sweet Corn on the Cob (from Paw-Paw's Garden) & Honey Glazed Carrots!
Activity - Riding Bikes & Red Box FREE Movie Monday

TUESDAY:
Breakfast - Bacon, Egg, Grilled FF Cheese Sandwich (YUM)
Lunch - I'm going to lunch with some OLD high school friends!
Dinner - Smart Ones Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese & Texas Garlic Cheese Toast
Activity - Riding Bikes & Cooling Off At The Pool

WEDNESDAY:
Lunch - Smart Ones Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese
Dinner - Halibut - Asian Style with Kiy's recipe ~ Click HERE & Oriental Salad
Activity - Packing up the apartment - Red Box FREE Movie Night!

THURSDAY:
Lunch - Smart Ones Dinner - Meat Loaf
Activity - Riding Bikes and Going to the Pool

FRIDAY:
Breakfast - Oatmeal ~ Real Maple & Brown Sugar
Lunch - Left Over Crab Cakes - Made into a Crab Cake Sandwich
Dinner - Eating on the Road!
Activity - None

As you know our weekends are crazy busy working at the lake house so we don't plan our menu for the weekends
! We just eat on the go! This coming weekend is Labor Day weekend! PARTY! I do know we are grilling out on Sunday! Which will consist of BBQ Ribs, Beer Butt Chicken, Sausage, Baked Beans, Potato Salad & Peach Cobbler! I'm hoping I can work all these calories off! HA!

Our menu is looking a little BLAH this week for two reason!
#1. We are trying to save money!
#2. We are trying to cook the foods we have in the pantry, fridge and freezer so we don't have to move them! The lake house is an hour drive from our apartment and I don't feel like loading down all the ice chest with "FRIDGE FOOD"!!!

If you would like to join in on this weeks Menu Plan Monday click
HERE, you will totally get addicted!!!!!

13 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

You are just on a HUGE count down. I can't wait to hear how this weekend went for you all. I hope you do get a lot of your pantry cleared out -- Moving food is one of my least favorite things to do.

Kiy said...

Great menu and really, you can't go wrong with any fish (and we've tried many!) with that recipe. can't wait to hear how you liked it.

Good luck on the move. Ugh, we moved a year ago and still have half a garage full of boxes. I tease Jeff all the time that I am going to call Goodwill and just drag them out to the driveway for them to pick up. Tempting! ;)

Have a super week, Kiy

Anonymous said...

We are eating from the pantry too...because we are broke. Thankfully we will have money coming in since Blake got a job! We are at the end of our savings...literaly! So scary!

I like your menu, lots of variety even though you are eating from the pantry.

Julie said...

Even if you weren't moving I think it's great you're eating what's on hand. A few times a year we do that - we eat what we have on hand to save money and not have to throw out stuff.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I dont think it looks boring! I am goin gto work on typig up my pasta salad recipe for you. It is sooo good and healty too! And the dill sets it off. YUM!

Jessica said...

Crab cakes.. yummy!

Yes, you nailed it with the mod-podge. That is exactly what it is-glue. You can get it at Hobby Lobby. : )

Brooke said...

Great menu...my mouth is watering. The crispy yogurt chicken recipe that you asked about is posted

Audra Krell said...

Best wishes on your move! Your attention to detail and your organization is very admirable.

Unknown said...

Hubby just bought some blueberries to put in his oatmeal, I may just have to try that. :) We made chili tonight, with the cooler nights we have been craving it. :) Spaghetti red tomorrow night. :)

Forgetfulone said...

MMMM. Crab cakes! Pretty yummy menu there, and love how you included the activities.

Frannie said...

It sounds great and SMART!!!

I am thinking about you! Moving is so stressful! But it will be great once you get there!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

In your menu it says you are having some OLD lunch with friends today...LOL -- nawwwww - Lunch with OLD friends. You should be on your way to that lunch now - Have fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty yummy to me!

Labour Day this weekend??? Wow I will have been in DC for a whole year!