August 4, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Okay, this is a first for me! So bare with me! =)

I found "
I'm an Organizing Junkie" over at the Bloggy Giveaway and I fell in love with her site where I seen a tab for her "Menu Plan Monday" and boy did it hit home...it was JUST what I was looking for!!!! Just last week Mr. "S" and I were trying to set up a menu plan for our dinners so we would be more ORGANIZED, SAVE MONEY & EAT HEALTHIER! Then BAM, I stumbled across the Menu Plan Monday looking around Laura's blog!

So here I am today submitting my first menu! I put it together last night so it's not a great week! I will get there! I can't wait to go look around at all the other weekly menu's and get some ideas for next week!

MONDAY:
Breakfast - Cap'n Crunch with fat free milk
Lunch - Ham sandwich with fat free cream cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion on a onion roll, chips and water
Dinner - Meat Loaf, Mash Potatoes and Corn

TUESDAY:
Breakfast - Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Lunch - Ham sandwich with fat free cream cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion on a onion roll, chips and water
Dinner - Meat Loaf Sandwiches (from left-overs)

WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast - Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Lunch - Ham sandwich with fat free cream cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion on a onion roll, chips and water
Dinner -
Taco Salad Bowls (which I found on Laura's menu from last week), Refried Beans and Spanish Rice!

THURSDAY:
Breakfast
- Cap'n Crunch with fat free milk
Lunch - Ham sandwich with fat free cream cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion on a onion roll, chips and water
Dinner - Frozen Pizza Night

FRIDAY:
Breakfast
- Cap'n Crunch with fat free milk

Lunch - Ham sandwich with fat free sharp cheese, low fat miracle whip, lettuce, tomato and red onion wheat-white bread, chips and water
Dinner - *DATE NIGHT* - Movie Tavern - Dinner and a Movie -
The Dark Knight

I'm only going to do "our" menu plan Monday - Friday! Our weekends are just crazy busy for me to plan out our Saturday and Sunday!

So this is it! It was FUN! It will also hold me accountable to COOK these meals!!! =)
It feels so good to plan things out!!!!





HELP - Does anyone have a good chicken and dumpling recipe?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I eally found doing this helps so much. I think I save money this way too. I only post dinner because we are like you we eat the same things for breakfast and lunch.

As for the potato soup...I have never made it so I guess we will see. I was going to find a recipe that I kinda like and go from there. I will post the recipe if it works out good.

If you eat lots of oatmeal in the mornings you should try steel cut oats in the crock pot. They taste so good and cook over night. I will post the recipe on my blog if you are interested!

Heather said...

Are you looking for Southern Chicken and Dumplings or Chicken Paprikash with Dumplings?

Nicole said...

I think that we have the same thing for breakfast everyday. I hate to cook so I was thinking that since you already know what you are having I might just come to your house.

How was your weekend? This has been a bad Monday.

Anonymous said...

You know I have never had meatloaf I think it is something I need to experience like s'mores right ? v.american!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to MPM! This is a great "accountability" site. ;-)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Cool J! I am going to check that out. Big Daddy and I had the converstaion about meal planning this past weeekend. I had been really good abou tit until summer came and I became a slacker. I am going to jump start back into it using this.
Thanks J!

Julie said...

I should try planning meals - maybe then I'd actually cook them. And cook more than grilled cheese! My family is prob. tired of not having "real" meals half the time.

The Hickmans said...

Hey Girl, I am finally back in blog land!! It looks like you are having a great summer. I've missed reading your blog and am so glad to be back!!

Stephanie Kay said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my MPM. Even just a simple plan like you have makes life MUCH easier, not to mention the grocery store cheaper! Keep it up. You'll start to wonder how you ever made it without a plan. = )

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I have a good one, but it's at home. I will try to find it and email it to you.

How's the weather? Hope it isn't too bad!

"Deal"icious Mom said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. How did your water heater buying go? I have been wondering...

Anonymous said...

I posted the oatmeal in with my other recipes on my page!

Anonymous said...

good for you! My life on the road is just way too crazy to even attempt it! But I wish I could and I do luv the crockpot! I'm tryin....

Ronnica said...

This is a great idea. I don't really do it, as I just eat what I feel like at the time. Hmmm, maybe that's a problem? Now that school is about to start back up, I need to work on getting plenty of healthy options so that I can choose one of those.

Frannie said...

sounds good-- but that is a lot of ham sandwiches!

and the key is to plan your menu around the sales! :) then you get the most for the least amount of money!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Sorry, no, no recipe to suggest. I've stopped doing menu plans for the week cuz it seems like I never want to eat what I've planned on the day I plan it. We're much more "helter skelter" around here.

Great job!

Forgetfulone said...

My mom makes the best from-scratch chicken and dumplings, but the recipe is in her head! I have to get her to write it down for me.

This was an awesome menu plan. You really went all out planning breakfasts and lunches, too. I love Cap'n Crunch! But I always end up eating toast for breakfast. Don't know why. And I love meatloaf! Especially left over.

Unknown said...

It looks like a lot of work to make up a menu. :) I just don't have it in me. :)

SJINCO said...

Oh! My Mom makes a mean chicken and dumpling dinner and while we were on vacation at the in-laws just recently I made it for us one night at dinner for the first time ever!

And it? Was delicious!

If you are still interested in it, email me and I'll do my best to send it to you.

I really want some Captain Crunch now. That was my favorite cereal as a kid.