August 4, 2008

Lake House Update

It was a GREAT weekend! We got a lot of work done at the house and it was such a GREAT feeling to see some actual progress!!! Mr. "S" worked on the bathroom sink plumbing which is an absolute nightmare! Actually all the plumbing in the house is a nightmare! We worked in our bedroom. We tore out the old flooring (carpet and padding), textured the walls (which look GREAT), painted the ceiling, painted the walls and dad pulled out the OLD hot water heater that was leaking all over the place! The progress we made really looked good!

I wished I would have had my camera! Yall would have laughed at me on Saturday! I was COVERED in dry wall mud head to toe (literally)! This is the mixture I was putting in the hopper (texture gun) for Mr. "S" to texture/spray the walls! Let me just say...this was my first time! At first I was stirring the mud with a paint stick and adding water to thin it out (I felt like I made a million batches of pancake batter without a blender because that is about the consistency we were spraying on the walls)! Mr. "S" went to Lowe's and bought me a blender type deal-e-bob that went on the end of his cordless drill (a blender attachment)! It's just like the thing you use to make mash potatoes but LARGER!!! It was great! We let the texture dry Saturday night and started painting Sunday morning! Ceiling was first, then the walls! It really turned out nice! So now we have a visual of what the rest of the house SHOULD look like!

Once again...I didn't have my camera with me...so there are no pictures! =( I will take some pics next weekend!


Speaking of NEXT weekend (already)! I have some exciting news! Mr. "S" won a "key" on Friday from the our local radio station to go to a Houston area Harley Davidson dealership to try and win this:

He has a 1 and 100 chance! There are 99 other people that will be there with this "KEY" to try and crank this baby up! =) Wish us LUCK! If you don't already know this...Mr. "S" is CRAZY~NUTS about bikes! He loves them! He had a NICE bike when we first got together but sold it right before Christmas with the intention of getting a new one the following spring! Well, that hasn't happened yet...almost two years later! His "GET A NEW BIKE GOAL" is April of next year (after the wedding)! We both LOVE to ride! It's great just to jump on the bike and getaway!!!

After we do the Harley Davidson giveaway thing...(win or lose)
We are going to go up to the lake house and work! We are really stressing on "TIME" we only have so much of it!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like we are singin the same tunes! We are getting so burnt out on the house. We have not done much the past week because Blake is working so hard to finish school and we are just so worn out!

Good luck with the whole bike thing! That would be nice to win! I can't wait to see the pictures of the house, don't forget your camera next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the house is going well.

GOOD LUCK with the bike I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Nicole said...

If he wins the Harley you will have to come to Bikes Blues and BBG. I can't wait to see pictures of the mudding. I want to do our house. Since you now know how to do it... To bad we aren't up there J is kind of useful when it comes to plumbing stuff, since how that is what he does everyday.

Frannie said...

good luck with the Harley!!!!!!!!! I know Mr. S would just crap his pants!!!!

I hope y'all win!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

A 1/100 chance sounds like pretty good odds! Fingers crossed!!!

SJINCO said...

Okay, so did he win?