I just figured I would do a blog post...
I've met some really nice "new" blog friends through the Monday Meal Plan thanks to I'm an Organizing Junkie as well as the Bloggy Giveaway! I just wanted to know if anyone won anything? I didn't! No luck this go around! Dang it! There is always next time! =) I will be doing my very own giveaway next carnival!
Did anyone hear about the BIG storm that hit us (Houston, Texas) yesterday? Well, lets just say "Edouard was weak" really weak!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm sooooooo very thankful because if any of you know me you know I'm freaked out by storms! Some people love them and some people (like me) hate them!!! What about you? Are you a storm watcher or are you one to take cover?
Work has been blah this week! I did come into the office yesterday along with two others! Everyone else took the day off! Which most of Houston was shut down! There was no traffic on the roads! I think everyone must have stayed in caught up on sleep! Mr. "S" also went in to work!!! I did manage to get home before him so I took a 1 1/2 hour nap! =)
Mr. "S" and I were talking today about packing stuff up for the move! I think we might start packing tonight? Does anyone have any ideas for the way we should organize? I watch a lot of TLC and HGTV so I'm thinking I will start out with a few different piles: Can't Live Without ~ Garage Sale ~ Donate ~ Trash! I don't want to carry a bunch of unnecessary clutter and junk to our small little lake house (I'm not kidding when I say small ~ 2 bedroom, 1 bath and 1 closet)! But at the same time it's sooooooooooooo hard for me to part with things! I can be a little bit sentimental (okay a lot) about my stuff! Such as..."I worked hard for this"..."So and So gave this to me"..."this was my grandpa's", etc....! Do you ever feel this way? Can you just part with things or do you hang on to them like I do? Any tips you can give me will help! Maybe you can motivate me! I need all the help I can get! I do plan on going through my clothes and putting a TON of stuff in the garage sale pile! I've gained like 30 pounds (I'm so BAD) since Mr. "S" and I have been together (2 years)! I know I'm going to lose the weight before the wedding (March 4th) but I will want NEW clothes at that point as a celebration of my weight loss! I don't want to hold on to my old clothes!!! Ya know! Heck by then they will be 3-5 years old!
So that is that....
Not much to blog about....
I hope I didn't bore you to bad?!?! =)
I asked a several questions throughout this post! I'm hoping to get some answers!
Happy Wednesday!
August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















11 comments:
I had a feeling they were blowing "Edouard" out of proportion. Things shut down for the whole day. What a waste! We've lived through actual hurricanes before, and I'm sure we will again. I can't say I like them, but I don't get as freaked out as, maybe, you! LOL
I think your idea for keep, sell, donate, trash is terrific! Can't think of a better way.
I'm sentimental about some things, too. Can't part with them, even if I don't need them, especially if it used to be my dad's, who passed away in 2004.
I enjoyed reading your post!
I forgot to say... I didn't win a thing from the Bloggy Carnival, but I had won some things previously, so I guess that's okay. I sure could have used some Target GC's!
I love a good thunder storm, so exciting.
Be ruthless with the stuff I say. We just brought everything from Mexico and then sorted it here and it was a really rubbish way to do it because our lovely new house was full of junk for weeks. I can part with most stuff, things have to be wrestled away from T though, he always has the brilliant plan that he will sell it and then never does - ahhh!
You could never be boring sweetie :)
Try Flylady.net. They have a ton of packing and moving ideas and they help you get rid of the clutter without guilt. You can always take pictures of things you want to remember, but don't necessarily want to pack up and haul just so they can collect dust at the new place.
I have found this helpful, but you won't need quite yet, pack a box with paper plates, towels, cups, etc. for the first night. You won't have to unpack the entire house looking for those things.
We are without tv so I had no idea there was a storm hitting ya'll. So glad it was small!
I used to be bad about parting with things and then my grandfathr died when I was in high school. He was the biggest pack rat ever. The whole family pitched in to help my grandma get rid of things and it really made me realize what a pain keeping so much stuffreally is. Now my mother-in-law is the same way. She keeps everything that was once her mothers or a brother or sister who are all now gone. Most of it is broken or so old. None of it has value and she is clueless to what she even has. I say if it has been in boxes for ever get rid of it. O if it will end up in a bow...
Good luck with the move. We are trying to get organized ourselves.
I'm glad you are safe from Edouard! Was hoping someone else in TX got drenched though. I hate hurricanes and live in fear for the BIG ONE here.
Your "piles" sound like a great way to begin!! I have too much stuff myself because I can't bear to part with sentimental items. Now everytime HP sees his Mom, she gives him stuff from his childhood, one piece at a time. He doesn't care about it but I LOVE it.
Oh I am glad that you are safe from the storm. I think we are getting part of it today. It is BLACK outside. I am kind of BLAH this week. There isn't much going on at work so I am trying to stay busy.
When J and I got married I did a complete clean out. I got rid of 4 trash bags of clothes. He was shocked. We didn't have the room and they didn't fit...
Hope that you guys have a good weekend.
When I move I make sure not to put something in a box unless I'm sure I want it. That way all the important things get packed up, and I don't have to resort things when I get to the new place (especially after moving it all). It's a great time to purge!
We have moved a lot and believe it or not, I found the best way to pack is by room. So I label everything that I will want in a certain room, like kitchen, with the word kitchen. If it's bedroom, bedroom. I don't worry so much with what goes in each box just which room it's going to.
I heard about Edouard and said a little prayer that you guys were safe and sound! Glad to hear that you made it through okay...
And I'm with you - I totally hate storms. I'm a chicken shit for sure.
I am excited about your move!!!
As far as parting with things. I too am VERY sentimental. I have tried to become better. I guess ask yourself, how special it really is? What do you plan to do with it? Is it worth the storage space? If not, toss or sell and use $$ towards your home.
Regarding clothes. If they dont fit, toss them, Having clothes around that you cannot wear only makes you feel bad, as a reminder. When you loose the weight, reward yourself with some staple peices. You deserve it.
Lov ya girl!
Post a Comment