We worked our BUTTS off this past weekend!
I was so so so so so sore and tired yesterday when I attempted to crawl out of bed and get ready for work!!!! Thank goodness I have a DESK job!!!!!
I was very THANKFUL we didn't go to the lake house Friday night after work (as planned)! I wasn't feeling well at all! Remember me saying my ear hurt last week?!?! Well, I don't think it was ALL my ear! I think part of it was my mouth/teeth!!! Friday I was at lunch and I went to bite down on a chip and it HURT soooooooooooooooooooo BAD!!!! It only felt better if I pressed on the side of my jaw near my ear and temple! I went home and took some meds and laid down!!! I was in so much pain for whatever reason? It was very strange! Nothing like this has ever happened to me! We ordered in dinner Friday night ~ thin crust pizza and that even hurt my mouth/teeth?!?!? I woke up at 6am Saturday morning feeling a letter better! Believe it or not ibuprofen really does HELP!
We made it up to the lake house Saturday morning and kicked it in to high gear! First off we found out that the AC unit was leaking inside the house! Mr. "S" heard something dripping ~ Come to find out the drain line was plugged up! This is our 3rd wrestling match with this thing ~ 1st time was when we hooked it up to think it was working fine, to find out the 2nd time the outside unit just stopped on us for what we thought was "no good reason" (it ended up being a short in the wire feeding the outside unit and also an extra big THANKS to the ants - they were in total "attack the ac mode")! I just hope it will get us through till next summer and maybe we can afford to buy a whole new unit ~ inside and out!!! After that little bit of a project Mr. "S" tackled the bathroom sink plumbing!!! The plumbing is this house is such a nightmare (I won't even go there)! Dad ran us a new electrical outlet in the kitchen area for a cabinet we are hoping to build out once we get into the house! Honestly, Saturday was not a very accomplishing day!
Sunday on the other hand was a great day and this is where all my soreness came from! I woke up to Mr. "S" sanding the walls in the bathroom to get ready for texturing so I started tearing out the old flooring in the bathroom and kitchen! I've been wanting to tear up that OLD nasty Vinyl floor for a long, long time!!! Once I started I noticed there was 3 layers! ***SWEET***! Lets just say that it kicked my butt, I even have war wounds to prove it!!! I also pulled up some of the carpet in front of the bedroom doors going into the living room area!
Mr. "S" managed to get the kitchen counter top pulled up (without breaking it) so we could figure out WHY it was sagging?!?! We pulled it up and seen there was no back support or brace where the two counters come together! Whoever worked or lived in this house prior to us buying it was total idiots!!! They did everything half a** or backwards! The hot/cold water lines were backwards, they laid the bathroom vanity and the kitchen cabinets on the first layer of vinyl flooring! Why didn't they just pull it up? It wasn't that hard to do with one of those scrapers (heck I did it)!?!?!? They just took the easy way out on a lot of things!!! You just don't do that?!?! Pure laziness!!!! So we are the ones that get stuck with all the PROBLEMS and REPAIRS! I guess that makes up for the fact we bought this house so DIRT CHEAP!
We did manage to get the bathroom textured and it looks GREAT!!! I have a lot of clean-up work to get done where the texture got on the vanity and the bathtub ~ let me just say a wet rag does a fine job with this mess!!! We really wanted to paint the bathroom but the texture wasn't dry so that will be the FIRST thing we do this coming Saturday!
There is sooooooooooooooooo much work to get done! =(
We only have 3 more weekends to get it alllllllllllllllll done before we MOVE IN!!!!
It's been very discouraging!
We think we get something fixed/repaired one weekend and we go back up the following weekend to find ourselves working on it again ~ Just like the AC! We sometimes feeling like we are working in circles! It's really hard when you only have a weekend to get these things done!!!
We took pictures from this weekends work but I haven't loaded them! I might do a revised post later this week?
We are really hoping to accomplish a lot this weekend ~ since we have the extra day on Monday!
- We are hoping to get all the walls in the house textured and hopefully painted!
- Tear out the carpet in the living room (which also means tear up tack strip and floor trim)!
- We are hoping to get 3 new doors installed ~ (2) Bedroom & (1) Bath
- We are hoping to have the washer and drier installed this weekend! Which means a lot of work! Knocking out part of a wall, reframing it, laying tiles down (we bought THESE last weekend for the utility room and bathroom ~ they look almost slate), putting up sheet rock, taping and floating, installing a 4th door!
See what I mean about the work load we have! It's crazy! I'm just hoping we make groundbreaking progress this weekend!!!! We have 3 days to get it done!!! Wish us luck! I'm sure yall are getting tired of reading about our weekend to-do list! Trust me...we are getting tired of all the work!!! I can't wait till we can just sit back and enjoy it all!!!




















12 comments:
girl! whew! I am worn out from just reading that! I know you get discouraged, but you just have to keep looking ahead! It will all get done and it will be wonderful!!!
and about your ear- that is how my tooth problem started. I didn't do anything about it and wound up needing a root canal that took over 4 hours!!! go to the dentist- pronto!
First things first -- go get that tooth looked at - Lordy you don't want that bothering you this weekend!!
You've got a really aggressive plan for the coming weekend - do you have friends coming to help? You need to rally the troops honey, and get about 10 people in there to really get a hunk knocked out in a day or two.
Do honey and troops belong in the same sentence? LOL
Oh I can't wait to see your pictures. I know it is a long road but it will be finished before you know it!
Sorry to hear about your mouth hurting! Hopefully you get feeling better soon.
I can't believe all the work you are doing! Wow! I would definitely be sore. In fact, I probably would have to see the chiropractor or I wouldn't be able to drag myself out of bed.
You guys work so hard! It's going to be so worth it when you can sit by that Lake in your lovely house!
Hope the tooth gets sorted painlessly.
girl you are a workhorse! you have done more manual labor in that one weekend than I have all year. no wonder you're sore!
OK so your post makes me want to go back to bed.............
You need to go get checked out. ASAP
Girl..you are a trooper! You guys have done so much but hang in there!!! I know it will all be so worth it in the end!!
Girl..you are a trooper! You guys have done so much but hang in there!!! I know it will all be so worth it in the end!!
I love your new blog look! Hang in there, girl- it'll be worth it in the long run. :)
My GOODNESS! You have done a tone of work!! It will be nice once it's all finished and you can enjoy :)
Holy COW! WOW! Take a break and get to bed early tonight.
on your tooth.....when I have allergies (bad) w/o fail my back teeth hurt b/c the sinus cavity is up there. I hope that has subsided. Take rest , as my sis in law would say.
Post a Comment