September 10, 2008

I'm freaking out........


As most of you know I'm not a fan of storms! So you must know I'm in total panic mode with "IKE"!

On a lighter note here is a little funny...

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

#10: Decorating the house (with plywood)
#9: Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season
#8: Last minute shopping in crowded stores (I will be doing this today after work)
#7: Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'
#6: Family coming to stay with you
#5: Family and friends from out of state calling you (Mr. "S" family is already calling us)
#4: Buying food you don't normally buy and in LARGE quantities
#3: Days off from work (YIPPEE)
#2: Candles (this could be romantic)

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas: At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

6 comments:

CPA Mom said...

well, at least you have your sense of humor intact. I'd be freaking the fu** out! I'm praying for all you Texans as much as possible. My cousin in there too and AFF and Catwoman....I'm so scared.

Of course, I'm a glass is half empty person.

Frannie said...

I'm thinking of you! I know how bad you freak out in storms!!

But S will be there with you to hold you and like you said-- it can be romantic.

oh, and just hope the tree doesn't have any birds!!! Now THAT would be scary!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Be safe! And know God is in control. Give HIM your worries.
I am praying for everyone there.

Hey, I have a fran that lives in Houston....one of these days I am going to go and visit and we will have to meet up. K? I am thinking of how to make it possible.

Kristin - The Goat said...

J, just be smart. Watch the weather channel, listen to your local media and be prepared and ready to head out of town if necessary.

I can totally understand having butterflies (or bees) in your stomach, but don't allow yourself to freak out because you can always drive away from the storm.

You'll be alright.

Love your funnies!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh scary, I hope you guys are okay. I'll be watching the weather down there.

Glad to see your still laughing though - they were funny :)

kelly said...

this is awesome... great way to have a positive attitude!