I'm using a wireless card and it's very very s-l-o-w! I just wanted to give all my wonderful loyal readers an update!
We are okay! We made it through "Ike"! I think the aftermath is worse than "Ike" itself! I will say that "Ike" packed a punch with some strong winds but it could have been so much worse!
We went to the lake house on Sunday ~ it's fine! Mr. "S" dad wasn't as lucky! He had a tree that hit his boat, garage, his work trailer and back fence.
My dad's house suffered some damage! He lives in a mobile home on 15 acres. The room that “use” to be my bedroom was damaged! A tree that was outside my room was up-rooter and it picked up the corner of the house, tore back the siding and bent the beam that runs under the house. It's pretty major! You can see through the floor and the roof of my old closet! YIKES! Dad put a big tarp up to cover the holes! I'm hoping dad will just "build" a new house ~ he so deserves it!
My mom is okay and her house suffered no damage! She is very lucky! Her subdivision looks like a war zone! We actually had to drive on the wrong side of the road to get to her house!
As far as a power update....We just heard there is power at our lake house! HOLY MOLY ~ We are so EXCITED to hear that!
Our apartment still does not have power! UGH! Another cold shower tonight! The radio said we could get power by Monday! Fingers Crossed!
Mom doesn't have power!
Dad does not have power BUT he is running two generators! One generator is hooked up to the washer and drier and the other is hooked up to his house running lights, fans, refrigerator and two deep freezers! So he is good to go! We have been eating good! Cleaning out his freezers! lol =)
Today is Mr. "S" and my first day back to work! We have been going out to dads each day to help him clean up the trees and limbs! I think as of yesterday we had seven HUGE burn piles! I'm sore, beat up with scratches and bruises! It makes me feel good to know we can give back to dad and help him ~ he has done sooooooooooooooooooooo much to help us with our lake house!
Friday night after work we will be heading up to the lake house to install the flooring! We have to get it installed by this weekend! We are moving in next weekend!!!
I'm sorry I couldn't stop by and visit your blogs =( this wireless connection is just so so so so so very slow!!!! I'm hoping to be back up and running by next week!!!
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!!! I miss yall!!!
September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















14 comments:
I miss you so very much too and I can't thank you enough for texting me every day to keep me up to date so I won't worry. You mean more to me than most family!!!! Thank GOD everyone is HEALTHY and all can be fixed over time. Anytime you need a break, come down to VA and stay with me.
so happy to hear from you!!! you know-- other than the other means of communication we have been using!
I am so glad that you have a chance to help your dad--- but I really wish he wouldn't have had any damage. you are right-- this is the perfect chance for him to build a house for himself. He does deserve it!!
I love you so much chick-a-dee!!! I have my fingers crossed that you will go home to find power! :)
Glad to know you're okay. I've been wondering. My mom still doesn't have power in Humble, yet. They are always last, it seems. But she's fine. No damage. I think there was lots of little tornadoes with all the uprooted trees all over the place. I'm glad you're all okay.
I'm so glad that you guys came through so well! Also, thanks for keeping me up to date with everything, I would have worried my butt off about you!!
I hope they get the power back on for you guys by Monday and you can get back to normal?
I'm sure you've still got packing and things to do before next weekend!!
I am thinking about your "J". Praise God that you are ok. My prayers continue to go out to all of those that have suffered because of Ike.
Be well. I look forward to your return!
Glad to hear that you are okay! Hopefully things will be getting back to normal soon...
So great to "see" you! what a nightmare to be without power for so long. I'd gain 100 pounds just eating junk food lol
Take care honey and good luck on those floors.
Kristin
I am so glad to hear that everyone is okay! I know that damage is a PITA, but atleast it's all fixable!! *hugs*
Sending "put the power back on" vibes your way:)
I'm so glad that you and your family are okay. I've been thinking about you all and waiting patiently for an update! THANK YOU!
Let me know if you need anything..
So glad you're okay and posting, although GF told me you were fine but without power so I stopped worrying a while back :)
Nice to see you posting though I missed you!
I've been thinking about ya and checking your blog. So happy to hear you guys are okay!
Be safe, Kiy
Glad to hear you are all ok. Material things can always be replaced but people can't. Happy to hear everyone is safe!
Glad to see you here! Thanks for the updates. Hopefully you guys will get your power back soon! My family finally got theirs last week.
So crazy that it is almost moving time! The floors should go really quick once you get started!
I am so glad that you are ok. I was worried. Most of our friends down there are ok. I think as of Saturday they all have power. You are my last friend that doesn't... I can't wait till life is back to normal for you.
I am sure that you are ready for a warm shower....
Post a Comment