September 24, 2008

Installing the floor!

Mr. "S" brother Shane getting started with the floor! By the way! The window unit in this picture is coming out! We just have it in there while we are working! We have central air and heat! I felt the need to clarify! =)
Mr. "S" and Cole prepping the floor!
The first few rows of floor being laid!
I love it! It looks amazing! Better than I imagined!
We were having to shuffle, tools, extra flooring and furniture around in the house! As you can tell the floor is very dirty in this pic! We were tracking in and out of the house! Most of our back yard is sandy dirt! The broom is my new best friend!
Another picture of the living room area! The futon is going in the spare bedroom!
This is standing in the kitchen area! Looking out into the living room area!
Mr. "S" and Pop's working on the floor in the spare bedroom!
We are sooooooooooooooooooo totally HAPPY with the floor! We are going up to the lake house tonight after work to finish the kitchen and work in our bedroom! Mr. "S" and I are running on fumes! Since Friday we have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off! We are trying to work on the house, pack, move stuff up to the house, pack some more and no go back up and work on the house! We are wore out! I'm taking off work on Friday to finish all the packing! I'm thinking I will be off Monday as well so I can clean the apartment and turn in our keys! YIPPEE!!!!
Let me know what you think about the floor?
Also, does anyone have any wood floor cleaning tips? I'm all ears! =)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I love it! I can't keep ours clean. Our yard is dirt and it just comes right in the house. Hoping some grass will grow this fall! I got tired of sweeping all the time so I use the vacuum on the bare floor setting. I will use swiffers too when there is less dirt.

Frannie said...

beautiful!!!!

we also use the vacuum on the floor-- we did research and they said that was the best way to clean it. and with two dogs that she a lot we need to clean it all the time!

love, love the floors!!

Beckie said...

The floor looks fabulous - absolutely fabulous!

Forgetfulone said...

I love your floor! Looks great.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The floor looks AWESOME! I sooooo want hardwoods. I LOVE IT! A huge difference. Your hard work is really paying off BIG! COngratulations! I am so happy for you Jeannie!

Kristin - The Goat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin - The Goat said...

Hey J!

I deleted the comment with the bad link.

Here is a link to my post about the Best Mop Ever! It is awesome. I have purchased a kit for some friends, I found it at ACE Hardware, but you can order it online, too. (you get the floor cleaner with the kit, but I usually mop the floors with just hot water. I'll use the cleaner about once every few months.)

The floors look fantastic!! Great Job!!!

Kristin

Nicole said...

I love this flooring. Where is it from?

Anonymous said...

Wow...excellent choice! I really like it.

Unknown said...

Love your new floors!!! I also love how your windows go almost to the floor. It's looking SO good!!

Jessica said...

Oh my heavens.. that floor is so gorgeous I almost fell out of my chair. Seriously. I love it!!!!

SJINCO said...

Ohhh....it's beautiful! I LOVE IT!

And um, those damn widow units? I grew up in a house that had nothing but those for AC and now that I'm grown - I despise them. Is that why you felt the need to mention that it wasn't permanent?

Steffi said...

Great work!Beautiful!Congrats to such perfect worker ;O))!
I am sure you will have a fantastic house when you are ready!

Kiy said...

The floors are beyond beautiful, and I am sure they are even more so in person. I love wood floors, we don't have then in this house and if I thought we were staying I'd have them put in.

Simply gorgeous!

Kiy