Get it..."catching"
Musings from "Left Field" =)
Yeah okay, so maybe you don't care that I'm a baseball freak!!!! That I love a man in a baseball uniform!!! I know TMI...I don't need to tell you about our roll play fun!!! Roll playing? What is that? We don't have time for any of that! We work all day, come home, eat dinner, shower and go to "SLEEP" because we are tired and wore out from out L-O-N-G days!!! We sooooooooooooo look forward to our weekends!!!
Talking about weekends let me recap last weekend:
Friday night we went over to Pop's (Mr. "S" dad) house to hang out for a little while! We sat around the fire pit and recapped our week, talked about the weekend ahead and then got into politics and the economy! After that Mr. "S" and I went home and made a fire of our on in our fire pit! We sat outside and watched the shooting stars!!! I'm not kidding...we really did that!!! We still do NOT have cable or Internet so what's the point on going inside staring at the tv when you have a sky full of glittering stars you can sit and stare at?
Saturday morning we cleaned up around the yard, walked down to our mail box, I road my bike around the loop hit a small hill and I was done (it wore me out...I'm sooooooooo freaking out of shape...it's sad)!!! I went home and jumped in the shower and waited on Danielle and her mom to come pick me up!!! It was a total girls day!!! The girls were headed for Trade Days!!! It's a once a month craft show/flea market in our town!!! Once we got there we met up with Mona and Aubrey (they are some SLOW shoppers)!!! I think we lapped them like five times (just kidding Mona)!!! I didn't buy much - just some wonderful delicious pumpkin nut fudge and some chocolate peanut butter fudge for Mr. "S" (because that is he favorite)! I also bought a homemade squirrel feeder made out of old barn siding!!! I'm hoping to get some friendly varmints in the yard so I can take pictures for Lisa!!! (I will keep you posted on that)!!! I bought some homemade sauce from this guy called Texas Ranch - it's a very yummy bbq sauce!!! I'm going back in November if your a bbq sauce lover I will pick up some up!!! I think I'm going to grill some pork chops and chicken and sauce them up with the Texas Ranch! YUMMERS!!! The last thing I bought was this really cool lid thing that snaps on a coke/beer can!!! I love it!!! Click HERE to see what I'm talking about!!!
Sunday my friend Courtney and her hubby Jason came over! The boys went to play gold and Courtney and I went shopping! I have to tell you about the ROCKIN great deal I got on two really nice items - black capri's with a belt and a pair of black cuffed long shorts - $4.97 each! Wow! It was an end of the season sale! I think the original price was $58 for the capri's and $40 for the shorts! What a steal of a deal! Courtney and I went back to the house to get dinner ready - we knew the boys were going to come home starving! We grilled chicken and beef fajitas with all the fixings (grilled onions and bell peppers) - chips and cheese dip, sour cream, fresh pico de gallo, grated cheese, flour tortillas and refried beans!!! YUMMY!!!
That concludes our weekend! Nothing real exciting! Just an enjoyable relaxing weekend!!!
Monday was my dad's birthday! Mr. "S" and I celebrated with him at Los Cucos Mexican Restaurant! We bought dad a THIS CAMERA - (Spy Game 4.0) that will take pictures of the deer coming in his backyard at night!!! He said he has a BIG BUCK he has been feeding!!! We also bought him German Chocolate Cake that was absolutely yummy!!! It was a fun night!!!
I would have taken pictures of the Trade Days and dad's birthday but I still can not find my battery charger for my camera! UGH!!! I still have a few more boxes to unpack...I hope it's in one of them!!! I need a new camera so bad...I might just break down and go shopping for one!!!
Today after work Danielle and I are going shopping for our Halloween costume! If you don't really know me you need to know that I go crazy over Halloween! I love it! I love getting dressed up...yeah back to the roll playing story...okay...whatever!!! I love the parties, I love the decorations (even though I didn't decorate the house this year - it would have been to much trying to move, unpack, work on the house and decorate)!!! Click HERE to see what I'm thinking about being?!?!? What do you think - I need feed back peeps?
I wanted to share a pic of my Halloween costume from a few years ago!!! I just love it!!!

This is me with Daniel a co-worked and really good friend of mine!

This is me with some random guy Mr. Slim Jim - I liked his costume and I wanted to take a picture with him!!!
Finally....
Tomorrow morning the cable coming is coming to hook up cable and Internet to our house! Do you realize we haven't had cable or Internet since Hurricane "IKE" - September 12th!!!
One last thing I wanted to blog about! Just call me Auntie "J" - my BFF Giants' Fan and HOF is PREGO they are having a baby! Click HERE to check it out!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for them!!!! They are such a WONDERFUL family in real life!!!! I wished you had the joys of knowing them like I do!!!! I can't wait till bench warmer is here to greet us!!!!
Hope I didn't bore you to bad with all my this and that and catching up?!?!?! I'm off to check out your blogs!!!




















14 comments:
LOVE the costume idea. Creepy AND cute... who knew that was possible? I give it 2 thumbs up.
So, did you make any wishes on those shooting stars?
You are to cute..
I love your costume..
I don't do halloween. I never have liked it. I actually like pumpkin carving, eating candy, and going from house to house with little ones - but the dressing up part for me is just no fun.
OK, here's a story for ya - we were looking at a house and it had two closets in the Masterbedroom - a HUGE walk-in and a little one. The Realtor said - and this is her closet - pointing to the walk-in. My husband laughed and said - it'd be empty of her clothes and filled to the brim with mine! I own a handful of clothing items.
So anyway, I don't do costumes - The one you linked to was cute and so sexy! LOL
Thanks for your weekend update!!! It's been a long week without ya :)
Kristin
I love the costume--- although the St. Pauli gal was my fave of all time!!!
thanks for the congrats! We are so excited!!!
I am not drunk. The picture will not load for me, but everyone else seems to like it so go for it!!
Won't load for me either :( But last years was cute.
You're weekend sounds lovely, I am so jealous of the firepit and shooting star watching!
On the cooking front I just bought my first Rachel Ray cook book. T fell about laughing when I said yum=o because apparently I sound like Katherine Hepburn! Must work on my southern accent :)
Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend and are having a long week now. Two more days!
Cute costume! In my single days, I loved to dress up and go out clubbing with my friends. That was a long, long time ago. The last few years, I just dress up as a witch with a hat and a cap, frizzy hair, dark makeup. This year, probably no dressing up for me.
Ok, I totally want fudge now. I can't get past that part of your post!
Hi it's the welcome wagon again, just to keep things interesting, I'll be randomly revisiting ALL the blogs in SSS. You can call it butt kissing too, just in case you have me as your partner, I want to make sure I've made a good impression.
I have missed you so much! Glad you're back. Happy b'day to pops. And you obviously had a fun weekend. I wish there were pics. I want to see the barn wood feeder. Cute.
And dont forget to send in a costume pic for my costume contest. Send one of mr. s too. You look precious in that one! But yo're always precious.
Have a great weekend, friend.
I am going to go and congratulate the sweet Ginats fan. How wonderful!
good grief no one should look that cute in a costume i kid i kid u r a sex pot geesh ;-)
I have been away for ever!!!! Just checking in. I will start posting tomorrow!
So, did you get some critters? :) I can't wait to see them. :O)
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. She is PREGNANT????? I am SO OUT OF TOUCH with everyone this week. So wrapped up in myself....I've going over there now!
(Oh, and I LOVE your costume pictures!!)
Post a Comment