Friday was the longest I've sat up at work and waited on Mr. "S" to pick me up - I was at work till 6pm...traffic was really bad!!! That is the con! The pro is ~ I was able to catch up on 90210! I really miss watching TV!!!
After Mr. "S" picked me up we went to Home Depot and bought some queen palms to plant in our back yard! I will post pictures later!
Saturday I was able to sleep in!! That was NICE! We went and looked at storage sheds ~ I think we found the one we want!!! We went grocery shopping to stock up on basic fridge stuff we lost from "IKE" such as mustard, miracle whip, ketchup, salad dressing, pepper sauce! We also bought stuff to grill out Saturday night! Mr. "S" had a friend coming over from Ohio! He is in Houston working as a contractor for Comcast to repair cable tv lines! He almost had me convinced he could hook-up our cable to our house instead of waiting on the local company to come out! HA! Any ways back to grilling out! We had one heck of a dinner Saturday night! We grilled steak, shrimp, chicken and boudin - I also made baked potatoes with all the fixings, baked beans and crescent rolls!!!!! YUM-O! I had to show that boy what some REAL Texas cooking was like!!!!!!! =) We had a GREAT time!!!!!!! Mr. "S" and "D" cut down two trees that were damaged by "IKE" ~ so we made a HUGE bon fire!!! We sat up talking till 4am Saturday night/Sunday morning! Needless to say we didn't get much sleep! We were back up at 8:30am Sunday morning going to eat breakfast at the cafe that sits waterfront in our subdivision!!!
Yesterday we stayed busy unpacking, organizing, cleaning, installing a new bathroom door, moving the back steps around and planting our queen palms! We got a lot accomplished! I still need to work in our bedroom! My clothes, shoes and purses are still boxed up! It's horrible! I can't find anything! The bad part is ~ I don't have any storage space ~ so I don't know how I'm going to organize anything in our bedroom? I bought a "under the bed" storage container to store my purses and flip flops in! I need to test it out to see if it will fit ~ if so I will be going back to by 2 more!
Overall we had a GREAT weekend!
October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















12 comments:
glad you had such a great weekend!!! It is all coming together now-- slowly but surely!
Glad you enjoyed your weekend! Sounds like you were crazy busy though, but that's good. You'll be all settled before you know it.
Have a great week!
I'm glad you had a great weekend and got to SLEEP IN, Yea!!
This is a great time to let go of all things (clothes, shoes, purses) that you don't love!
I had to laugh at your underbed storage for your purses and flip flops. I own three purses - all about the size of a one pound block of cheese or smaller & I don't own a single pair of flip flops. I fell down in the middle of the road once when I was wearing FF's & that was the last day I ever wore them.
I have plenty of "stuff" so I can't talk about what I keep - but the example you gave was just so funny to me lol
I can't wait until I get to come visit you - your dinner for you friend sounds AWESOME! Yummmm
Thanks for the nice comment you left about my new blog make-over!! Of course, you really didn't have anything to compare it to! The old one was just a plain blogger template. This is MUCH better!!
Glad you had a good weekend. Reading about the food made my mouth water!! :)
Sounds like progress! And girl....you made me hungry! When ya gonna cook me a texas supper?
Sounds like you are making good use of your time. :)
I am glad you enjoyed your weekend!Take care!
Yeah for sleeping in, old friends and grilling out!!
I was thinking about your comment on my post - with all the waiting time you have now before and after work, can you bring your sneakers with you and go on a walk while you wait instead of watching t.v.? Bring hand weights with you too. Just a thought...
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! When you get organized, I'd love to see more pictures. Let me know how that under the bed handbag and flip flop storage works out for you! I may have to look into that :)
Thanks for sending me to your friend's blog too. She had a great post about her mammogram experience which really put my mind at ease! <3
I have 4 under the bed storage. It works for me and J since i have sooo much stuff. I clean out my closet but for some reason with in a couple weeks I have run out of room. I am so excited for you!!! i know that it has got to be nice to finally be in your "home".
I want to come eat dinner with you guys!
Post a Comment