October 27, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!

Saturday morning we woke up, jumped on the GOLF CART (Kristin) and hit up the garage sales in our neighborhood! It was a lot of fun! Mr. "S" and I were able to meet some of our neighbor's! I didn't take pics of our great finds but this is list of what we bought:

Snowman Ornament ~ $ .25 (all my Christmas decorations are snowman, snowman, snowman)

Mr. "S" bought a VCR with remote ~ $5.00 (he has a TON of VHS tapes and no VCR)

Cutting Board with a pull out drawer with a NEW set of cutting knives ~ $4.00 (we really needed some new knives)

A very OLD Sherlock Holmes book back from the late 1800's - early 1900's ~ $1.00 (it just looked cool)

Mr. "S" bought a Houston Texans flag ~ $ .50 (who knows why)

Storage Bins with 3 pull out drawers very big and very nice ~ $10.00 (I'm going to use this to store my socks and t-shirts - we need all the storage space we can get)

Saturday afternoon we had some major plumbing problems! Mr. "S" was outside washing his truck and the water spicket broke off at the main line! UGH! This was not good! Dirt ran into our main line! We were without water for a little while! Needless to say we missed Byron's b-day party! We still made it to Patience's party and we had a blast!!!








































Did you notice my Tricker Treat t-shirt? It's one of the $4.99 t-shirts I bought on Friday!


Yesterday Mr. "S" and I weren't feeling to hot? I don't think the late night party, dancing, loud music, bon fire, yummy food, drinks in metal cans had anything to do with it?!?!? HA!

Dad came over yesterday to help us install the ceiling fans Shane (Mr. "S" brother) bought for us! Click HERE to check them out! They are sooooooooo cool! They are remote control fans and lights! No strings hanging down! We love them! Thank you Shane!

I watched the Dallas Cowboys game...YIPPEE...they won!!! It's so nice having TV again!!!

Other than that! We did a whole lot of nothing!

13 comments:

Megan said...

Gross Cowboys. Garage sales are always fun! Glad you guys found some good stuff! :0)

CPA Mom said...

Nice fans!! Can we trade BIL's? I haven't been to a garage sale in almost 20 years. Maybe I need to?

Anonymous said...

I'm a complete freak when it comes to water issues. If the spigot broke like that on me I'd probably be running around, flailing my arms and screaming "Floooooood!!!! Where's the shut off valve!?! HEEEELP!!"

I'm glad you got it fixed. PHEW!

SJINCO said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Ya'll sure do know how to party!

I love garage sales. Especially when you score some good finds. And I love those fans!

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend although I have to ask - drinks in metal cans?

Frannie said...

that garage sale sounds fun!!

those fans are gorgeous!!! I love them!

and the party sounds fun! sorry you had to miss the first one!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I am so not a Cowboys fan.
I love garage sales though..
It looks like you guys had a great time..

I like your new fans..

Hey, did you come up with anymore basketball ideas? I am going to be bugging you all season long.. You know that right..lol.

Nicole said...

AHHHH YOUR A COWBOYS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD WE Finally WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok can you tell I was excited?

All, well most of my Christmas is Snowmen, man, also!!! I think we are soul sisters. We also partied a little too hard on Saturday... I didn't take pictures. I didn't go to bed till 5...

SO The water thing stinks. I am without a full bathroom right now. But it is my fault so I don't mind.

Meaghan said...

I saw that you entered a giveaway to win a Starbucks Gift Card and thought you would like my Giveaway!

Im giving away 1 lb of Gourmet Coffee or Tea from my new online coffee shop: Get The Bean.

We will be doing giveaways weekly so be sure to stop by often.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

Steffi said...

Your weekend sounds good!
Anne is back from her USA -travel and she is simple speechless and she likes come back again!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK, now you KNOW that I am so singing the Guns and Roses song, Patience right now. She'd hate me cuz I would sing it to her all the time.
Anyway...went to Academy yesterday and looked for the jersey shirt for you. OUT,xept for one youth small. The only one. I wanted the colorful skull, again out of size. and I really wanted the one that says "You cant scare me I have kids"...but...you guessed it. OUT except for adult small and Lord knows my boobs cant fit into that....or my stomach...just saying.
But I looked for you. I wonder if you can order online?
Looks like you scored at the gargae sales! Cool stuff there.
Hey! Be sure to enter my giveaway for the carnival!
Happy week, girl!
Sorry I have been mIA lately, or late rather....but it has been a whirlwind 2 weeks

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, excellent finds at the garage sale.

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's supposed to be GOLD Cart! LOL

Those pesky plumbing problems can get ya when you least expect it. Good thing you've got such a handy guy right by your side.

Looks like you had a great time!!!