November 17, 2008

200 Blog Posts ~ Wow!

Two hundred posts! So cool! I can't believe I've blogged that much?!?! Wow!

I know yall aren't here to recap my 200 blog posts yall are here to find out how well I did at my yard sale?!?!?

I went well over my goal of $150.00! I made $361.25 and Mr. "S" made $72.50!!! He didn't even put that much stuff in the sale!!! Two chairs, a motorcycle helmet and a few shirts. The chairs were a big item, they sold for $40.00 - $20.00 each! Very nice, very modern! Danielle's mom bought them for her TV room! Great buy for her! I told her I was only letting her borrow them till we get our game room built! =)

Yall are going to be upset! I didn't take ANY pictures! =( I left my camera in my car the whole time. It didn't even cross my mind! The sale was very very overwhelming to me!!! We had sooooooooo many people stopping by! We were still trying to set things up and people were trying to check out! It was nuts! I wasn't as organized as I would have liked to be! I will be prepared for the next yard sale!

Let me just tell you - I did NOT do very well with the people that were trying to bargain with me! I felt I already had a GREAT price on my items and I wasn't going to be talked down! This one lady and her son were trying to talk me down on my (3) blankets like
THIS! I had them marked at $3.00 each! Just like new - they were navy blue, black, white and gray! They wanted all (3) for $7.00! I was like NO way! I told the lady I will keep them before I sale them to you for that price! These (3) blankets were worth $30.00 +! I told her, "I think you can pay $9.00 for all (3) which was a steal of a deal" and she did!!! I had my items priced to sale! Not priced to haggle! There was this one guy that wanted to buy this decorative kitchen set that I had which consisted of a brand new apron, dish towel, (2) pot holders and (2) oven mitts - I had it marked at $10.00 for the set! Which was a GREAT deal - it was $50 new! He wanted it and he wanted it bad but he only wanted to pay $8.00! I would NOT come off the price what-so-ever! He had a box of stuff that he was buying! He said if you don't come off the price then I'm not buying what I have in the box! I told him so what! I don't care! I wasn't about to let him talk me down (he was a jerk...I didn't need his money that bad)! I told him I would keep it before I sold it for less than $10.00 and guess what - I kept it! I took it out of the sale but he did buy the box of stuff he had because he knew he was getting a great deal!!! We sold over $600 Friday and Saturday! It was GREAT! We are going to do another yard sale in the spring!

On to other things....

Saturday when I got home from the sale I was beat but there was no stopping there! Mr. "S" brother Shane came up with his new girlfriend and we had planned on grilling burgers. I had been gone from our house since Friday morning! I was staying at Danielle's were the yard sale was being held which is about a 45 min drive from our house. Any ways...when we were wrapping things up at the sale on Saturday Mr. "S" called to asked me to stop at the store to get the groceries for the burgers. I was instantly pissed about this! He went to town Saturday morning to Lowe's and Wal-Mart. Why couldn't he have picked things up? Please tell me? So I came home with a little attitude! Tired! Not in a very good mood! I had to go to the grocery store after driving 45 minutes home and then come home and season the burgers and get them ready for the grill, make cheese dip and cut up the veggies for the burgers. I just thought he could have done this since he was already at the house! I may have over reacted? I don't know! Now we are going at it! He is pissed at me because I had an attitude and that I didn't care that he had mowed the grass, put up a small shelf in the laundry room, picked up the spare bedroom and changed out the light in our bathroom. He did these projects Friday and Saturday. I still think he could have picked up the hamburger meat while he was in town Saturday morning at Lowe's and Walmart! It's like he doesn't think that far in advance...there is no initiative on his part? I feel like he thinks that is just my job...I felt like I was being taken for granted! It's like we aren't on the same page? I think one way and he thinks another and we both feel we are right and neither of us want to give?!?! Ugh! It's over something soooooooo dumb but yet neither of us will give! Why can I convince other people that I'm right but yet I can't convince him that I'm right? He doesn't see it my way! Not that my way is right. It's like he doesn't understand me and the situation! Hopefully we will make up tonight! It's more fun to make up than fight!

The Cowboy's won last night! YIPPEE!!! We really needed that win!!!

Wow! 200 Posts! Thanks to all yall for being there for me!!!

16 comments:

Frannie said...

I think you both are just stressed.

he should have picked up the meat. it wasn't your job. it wasn't even your brother coming over. he should have done it.

at the same time, you should be appreciative of all the things he did while you were gone.

and he should have totally kissed your ass and been like, "I should have picked up the meat. I am so sorry. You are so super fantastic to go out of your way and pick up my slack. thank you honey!! and thank you for doing such a great job at the yard sale!"

and then you could have said how great the lawn looked and all that. You both just have to try to see it from the other person's side. while totally frustrating, you do want to get along. I hope you make up tonight!

I got some wonderful advice from a total idiot once- sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and say your sorry in order to move on. even if you don't believe it; it can start the conversation.

and you ROCKED at the yard sale!!!!

love you!!!!!!!!!!

Frannie said...

and the Giant's won, too!!

whoo-hoooo!!!

Frannie said...

oh, and happy 200th!!

Anonymous said...

Wow to the 200 posts and wow to the garage sale, nice one sweetie!

Hope you and Mr S have made up now, I'm sure you're both just stressed you have such busy,busy lives!

Anonymous said...

I despise doing garage sales- BIg Daddy luvs it!
It requires getting up way too early!
Glad yours was a success!

Unknown said...

Woo-Hoo!
congrats on the milestone!
As for the bargaining yard sale shoppers-been there, done that...undersold the tee shirt :(


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Steffi said...

Happy 200th post!Great!I love to read in your blog!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WOOO HOOO J! 200 post! Awesome!

Congrats on that AND the yard sale. Great job and good for you to stick to your guns. People amaze me that want somethign for nothing. Like you I mark my stuff very reasonable....& its "good stuff" not crap like I see at some sales. And yet people will still ask to pay $1.00 for something I have marked for $3.00 that is worth $40.00. It irritaes me so bad! Good for you!
And I would've been irritated too. He should've asked you if you were up to company. And if he planned, he should've gotten stuff when he was out since he knew you were busy and away from the house. I knwo he was working hard too, but he planned it. He can shop for it and prepare for it.That's how I see it. I would've had an attitude too-especailly after dealing with freeloaders.
Yes! I am disapppointed you didnt take pictures! Dang!

O, I am off with a terrible headache. I have been googling annuerism on the internet....that's bad. But it is easing up a little bit.

Have a good day J!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, BTW- congrats on your team's win too!

CPA Mom said...

It sounds like are both just plain worn out - emotionally and physically. Both of you are doing a LOT. You are right he should have picked up the groceries - he was at the store already - it was HIS family coming over. The rest of it...Giants Fan gave you some good advice.

Hang in there...relationships can get rocky...it will all be worth it when we're 80 and have someone to rock on the porch with!

CPA Mom said...

oh, and THAT is precisely why I do not have YARD SALES - the haggling and bickering - I hated that. I hated how cheap people are!

Ronnica said...

Yay for 200 posts! It's amazing how easy it is to write that much, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your sale went so good.

Hubby and I have stupid fights like that all the time too. We are both stubborn and I HATE admitting I'm wrong. Eventually though we both cave, apologize, and have fantastic make up sex. LOL!

I can totally relate though. I hate when I have to go out of my way to do something / pick something up, when hubby could've done it WHILE he was out. Drives me batty!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Men and women will always think differently. You just have to get used to that and try to find a different way to talk to each other. When you're tired, it's hard not to be snappy with others.

Everyone has arguments, you just have to be sure to talk about it afterwards and apologize (I mean both of you). Otherwise, nothing will get solved and you will end up arguing about the same thing again.

Cowboys suck. Go TITANS. LMAO!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great yard sale. It snowed here so it is still so funny to me. You had a yard sale and a cookout! It is so hard to get organized for yard sales. But you did great. I agree to stand by prices if you priced low. We knew that everyone here were big hagglers so we priced high in order to get what we really wanted. Everyone thought they were getting a deal and I got how much I wanted out of things. And every now and then someone would just pay the higher price!

So sorry to hear you guys are fighting! It seems Blake and I most easily get in fights when we are already tired and stressed out. I am sure you will come to an understanding.

Congrats on 200!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I am totally bummed you didn't take pictures - my entire day hinged on it!! lol

About the haggling at garage sales - people totally expect to get $100 items for $1. Don't argue with them next time - just say no - or say everything in your hands for "$20" My mother had a sale once where she had nothing marked and told people to pay what they wanted. Some people waaaaaay overpaid and others paid a quarter for an armload. She gave all her money to the church, so when people underpaid she'd mention that the money was going to charity.

About the hamburger and what followed. My husband would totally do the same thing. He would think it was being efficient - (I am already in motion, dressed, have my shoes on, etc.) I am positive he (Mr. S) didn't see the request as being anything but a request since you were on your way home anyway.

Congrats on the great cash haul from the sale - and that your team won! lol

Hugs to you honey.
Kristin