Last night dad took us to dinner for Mr. "S" b-day! We went for Mexican food! Yummy!
This Saturday is Mr. "S" Birthday Bash! I'm soooooooooooooooo EXCITED!!! I think there will be 25-35 people there!!! It's our first REAL party since we've moved into the house!!! We are getting the weekend rental house across the street from us so our friends will have a place to stay!!! The lady that owns the weekend lake house rental is a friend of mine - she is letting us rent her weekend house for FREE as long as we clean it up!!! YIPPEE!!! That is soooooooooooo freaking SWEET of her!!! The party will start around 4pm and go till who knows when!!! We will have Karaoke for those who think they can sing!!! We will have a big fire in the fire pit to keep us warm!!! I'm thinking after a few drinks we might play a few FUN games such as:
We are having BBQ Brisket, Beer Butt Chicken, BBQ Ribs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, German Chocolate Birthday Cake and tons of chips and dips!!! If I'm not running around like a crazy woman I promise to take pics of the food spread and yummy the cake - I had it made special for him from one of my favorite local bakeries!!! Here is a picture of my birthday cake two years ago from this bakery:
Yall just don't know how yummy this cake was!!! I hope Mr. "S" German Chocolate turns out just as yummy!
So I will be back Monday with LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of great pictures from the party!!!!!
Keep scrolling down for my post from today!!!




















11 comments:
Sounds like it will be a blast!
Sounds like an excellent birthday.. My husband is counting down the days until Chinese Democracy comes out.. seriously, that's all he talks about... I say Guns n' Roses isn't Guns n' Roses without Slash but he seems to think it will still be good.
That cake does look good, I'm sure his will be just as good! Have a greaaaaaat weekend-- (although i'm sure I don't have to say that..you will have a great weekend!) I just had mexican for lunch..mmmm I loveee it!
so glad he had a nice birthday!!! and this weekend will be soooo much fun!!!! Y'all are going to be going crazy!!
I had no idea GNR put out a new cd-- that's cool. I loved bangin' all my hair around to them, back in the day!
and we played that game at a bridal shower-- fun, fun!
I had never seen such a game! Goodness, it made me laugh so hard!
I also had to laugh when you said this would be your first real party LOL The next one will be the first real party that didn't involve someones birthday! LOL You have more gatherings in a month than I've ever been asked to!
Your menu sounds so good. Especially since I think I'm having a salad tonight for dinner & probably another salad for dinner this weekend. :0) Wish I lived closer, I'd totally crash your party.
YU_UM! J, I think I gained 10 lbs reading that post!
Sounds so lovely and the presents are great!
That cake looks DIVINE I want to reach into the computer and take a bite - YUM!
Sounds like so much fun! Hey, can you meet me for lunch at Mamacita's or Melly's over the Thanksgiving week? That would be cool! Can you scrapbook with us on December 6 from 5-12 at Scrapbook Studio? We gotta meet!
Sounds like a great birthday...with german chocolate!I am glad he had a nice birthday!Happy birthday!
Wow, that *IS* an awesome birthday! Hope it was fun!
I've tagged you for a one word challenge!
I almost had a heart attack thinking I missed your birthday. *pout* Glad I didn't, and I hope Mr. S had a great one. I have been so busy at work and my laptop had to be taken back at work so I haven't been online much from home. Hope you have a great holiday! *hugs*
Post a Comment