February 16, 2009

Part-Time Job Update & Cruise Update

I did it!!!! My weekend training is complete!!!!

I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be going into training on Friday?!?! I slept through the night (shocker) and I didn't have butterflies when I walked through the door!!!! The first person I see when walking through the door was the store manager (the head guy) - he immediately walked up to shake my hand!!! He is a very personable guy!!!! I went into the training room to get started!!!

The first day turned out a little stressful - it was HARD to sit behind a computer alllllllllllllll day - wearing headphones - watching training video after training video - taking test after test!!!!!!!! I found out that I will NEVER be a safety coordinator!!! I failed the safety video twice - I'm NOT kidding!!! Obviously I'm NOT a SAFE person!!!! It makes me wonder how I've managed 32 3/4 years without a catastrophic accident!!!!! It was the TRICK questions that threw me off!!!! If you don't pass the quiz with a 100% you have to watch the whole video over and over and over again (like me)!!! I was soooooooooooo discouraged!!!! I will say that I learned some things and the training got better throughout the day!!!!

Day two of training went soooooooooooooooo much better!!!! I took test after test until I Was done around 1:30pm!!!! The HR Manager was in TOTAL SHOCK that I had completed everything!!! She said she has NEVER had anyone finish all their computer training in 1 1/2 days!!!! Way to go ME!!! Do you know what that means? I didn't have to go to work on Sunday and I got off at 2pm on Saturday!!! It was WONDERFUL!!! I was able to go home and hang out with Mr. "S" for Valentine's Day!!!!

I don't go back to work until after the cruise/wedding!!!! I told the HR Manager I hope I don't forget everything I learned in the training videos!!! I took lots of notes so I'm hoping to pick up right where I left off!!! When I go back to work I will do shadow training and register training!!! I'm really excited!!!

We set sail in 12 days!!!! I'm counting down!!!!
This coming weekend we are having a "PRE-CRUISE PARTY"!!!! We are hooking up and going out with the 3 couples that are going with us on the cruise and a few of our friends that couldn't set sail with us!!!!! It will be a FUN day of shopping, dinner and drinks!!! I'm soooooooo excited I can't wait!!!

15 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I just knew you'd do well at your training session. The safety stuff is tricky these days - there are just so many rules and regulations for just walking through the store LOL Good for you for getting everything done in a day and a half. Bravo!!

It doesn't surprise me at all that you are having a Pre-Cruise party. LOL Have fun!

By the way, it was a lot of fun having new posts all weekend :)

Melissa Miller said...

Good Job Jeannie!!!!
Have fun girl! ;)

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Hello Swap Buddy! Congrats (again) on the upcoming nuptials!

CPA Mom said...

Well, I'M not surprised you did so well on training - you are super smart! Did you know HP is the safety/OSHA officer for his job - ask him anything you need to know!

SQUEAL!!!! WEDDING SOON!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I wish we had someone like you at our Lowes. Ours is filled with a bunch of tools!

Ba dum crash!

Anonymous said...

yay! Well done you. Glad you managed to get home for some of Valentine's Day.

Wow 12 days that is so near!!!

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Awesome Job on the training!

How exciting for the Pre Cruise party!

The countdown is on!!

Kiy said...

Congratz! I know there is a lot to the safety thing as my hubby is an IH and many times ends up being the Safety Officer as they technically don't have one. Many hats!

Wow, only 12 days. You must be totally off the wall excited. Look forward to hearing more about the wedding/cruise. Are you taking a laptop ... we are going to want to have updates and photos of everything. Well, um, not everything! haha

Cheers, Kiy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your wedding is coming up so soon! That went fast.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Yeah! J! That is awesome that you completed all of your test. Be sure to pay attention to the criuse safety measures on day one.....can;t say you would know what to do if need be. LOL!
I am so excited for you!!!! I am thinking about you. I cant wait to see pictures from teh wedding. Already thinking of that one. I know your dress is going to be gorgeous! I iwsh I were going with you...at least for the pre party. But I am in spirit. Have a blast my friend!

Frannie said...

I can't beleive you set sail so soon!!!!!!!!!!!! whooo-hooo!!!!!!!!

girl! I was cracking up about the safety training! But I am so glad you made it through everything so fast! You rock!!!!!!

I hope y'all had a great valentines!!

Anonymous said...

12 Days will fly by in no time at all! I am so excited for you! I have no doubt that you will remember everything from training and do great. Don't worry! You shouldn't be stressing while you're on your cruise. It's going to be awesome! Wish I could go :)

Forgetfulone said...

Yay you! Good job on the training.

Wait... 12 days? It can't be! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!

travel girl said...

Your big day is sooo close! I'm so excited for you that everything is going so well.

Jessica said...

So excited you finished your training in record time!!