February 2, 2009

A project I'm working on.....



This is going to be a "BUTT CAN" for our back deck! I can't stand it when people toss their cigarette butts on the ground! I really don't care for anyone to smoke PERIOD but that is beyond my control!!!

The wood is scrap wood from our deck! The beer caps I've been saving from parties! The bucket is a beer bucket from a bar we went to Super Bowl 2007!

I'm only a 1/4 of the way done! I still need to glue the caps to the other 3 sides and the base!

I love it! What do you think?

11 comments:

Diane said...

Awesome project!

Frannie said...

I think it is adorable!!!!!!!!

well, as adorable as a receptacle for nasty cig butts can be! :)

very smart of you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it. You are so creative.

BS said...

Nicely done - you are taking something ugly (butts)and making it into a work of art !!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Clever. Colorful. Creative. A great place to park a butt...if you have to.
Great work, J!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool and creative.. love it.

Anonymous said...

OMG it's AWESOME!! I love the beer caps and the bucket. You gotta make me one too. My husband and friends smoke, but I don't and I HATE butts everywhere too. Right now my only solution was ashtrays and an old mosquito candle bucket outside. (they are only allowed to smoke outdoors of course)

But your idea is so much prettier!!!! LOVE IT... maybe you should consider making a bunch and selling them on www.etsy.com! I bet you could make a killing. It's the simple, practical stuff that sells ya know?

CPA Mom said...

what a clever idea and a great solution to a yucky problem!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Ahhh, the construction leftovers - Liquid nails. I love that stuff. You're doing a great job and it will totally fit into your lifestyle :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

LOVE it!!! You could totally sell those!!!

Make one for me, lol!

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! I love how crafty you are!