March 11, 2009

A Sad Day At the Office!!!!!!

It's a very sad day as I walk into the office this morning!!!!
My BFF Courtney was laid off yesterday!!!!
This came very unexpected to us!!!!
Even though we knew deep down in side how slow our office has become!!!!
The tears flooded out as it became real!!!
It hurts to even think about it!!!!
We (Her and I) made work "FUN" - "TOGETHER"!!!!
I don't know what I'm going to do without her???
I don't even want to walk past her desk!!!!
I'm just sick to my stomach!!!!

Courtney and I go way back!!!!
Back as far as Jr. High and High School!!!!
We grew up together!!!!
I got her the job here back in November of 1999!!!!
I feel partially responsible!!!!
She has a little girl that is turning 4 - April 1st!!!!
She has been planning her birthday party!!!!
Mom and I are going to take Courtney groceries next week!!!! That is the least we can do!!!! I can't imagine not having my job here - even though I know it could have been me in her shoes!!!! Her husband works but his company has been very very slow and they have cut his hours way back!!!!

There are some positives here!!!!
She will get to be home with her daughter!!!!
She has always wanted to go work at the school so maybe this is her opportunity to get in with the school district next year as her daughter starts Pre-K. They always say when one door shuts another door opens!!!! I pray to God this is the case for Courtney!!!! I pray for God to give her strength and not let her get down on herself!!!!

Please say a little prayer for my BFF Courtney!!!! I know she needs it!!!!

Work has now put me back to 5 days a week!!!! I was supposed to start working the registers at Lowe's this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as my part-time job)!!!! I have to call Lowe's this morning to see if they can use me just on the weekends!!!! I hope they can - I would still like the extra money to help pay off my credit cards from all the excessive shopping I did before and during the cruise!!!! I will update on this tomorrow!!! For now I must prepare myself for a L-O-N-G hard day of work!!!!

I'm sorry - no wedding/cruise post or pictures today!!!! I just can't do it!!!! More to come later in the week!!!! I have a TON of cruise pictures so prepare yourself!!!! I hope I don't put my blog in shock with overload!!!!

12 comments:

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Sorry about your friend! My hubby's company has had three rounds of layoffs over the last few months, and it sucks! At least he's managed to survive them, though.
Can't wait for more pics!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Jeannie, I am so very sprry about your friend. Times are so tough right now. My friend Freddy lost his job the day before Thanksgiving and has yet to find anything. But I told him, there is a reason for this. An better opportunity may arise that you wouldn't see otherwise. Take time for yourself, what do you like to do? Can you make it a career or at least a part time job (like photography, errands for assisted living facilities, dog walker. There are needs. Explore them.
And pray. Prayer is so powerful. God will carry her. She needs to give him the load.
I will be praying for your friend.
Hugs!

SJINCO said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I will say a little something for her and I wish her the best.

And you - you hang in there too! It's hard when a co-worker you admire and appreciate gets let go.

Thinking good thoughts....

Alix said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope it is the case that one door closes and another opens and she finds something in the school.

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and I'm sure your friend will find something better to do.

Hope your day wasn't too LO_O_Ong

Frannie said...

Poor Courtney! I am so sorry for her!!! I really hope that everything works out! Please tell her that we are thinking about her!! She is strong, though! I know she will get through this!!!

travel girl said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I will certainly keep her in my thoughts.

Tulsi said...

I'm sorry about your friend. That is especially sad when it is taken by surprise. My daughter's best friend's husband was laid off and they didn't tell anyone because they didn't want anyone to bother helping them. They are so young and really have nothing.

Diane said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her and you in my prayers.

CPA Mom said...

Such sad news! Courtney will be in my prayers...so many people I know and love losing their jobs...

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh Jeannie, I'm happy that you are back to 5 days and I'm sad that your dear friend no longer has her job. I hope that she finds what she wants -- staying home is such a wonderful thing for a mom (who want that!) and maybe this is exactly the push she needed to make it happen.

Hugs, Kristin

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, honey. As you know, I know how it goes too. Tell her to keep her head up. She sounds like a great girl, and I bet she will be glad to have some time with her daughter at home. Lots of love and prayers.