











For You on Your Wedding Day
Today you are moving on;
To a life that will change from that you had
And though I hate the thought of losing my best friend
I am also somewhat glad
For today you will walk down that sandy aisle
With all eyes watching your every stride
Walking up to you’re soon to be husband
Who will forever stand by your side
Somewhat jealous, I am
Because he is taking away my best friend
And though things are about to change forever
I know that our friendship will never end
How great it must be to have a love so true
A bond that will surely never break
A separate life to tie your own life to
With every step that you take
And I pray for a happy marriage
Because no one deserves it more than you
A friend, a companion, a sister
I know there is nothing that you cannot do
I know that you are not leaving your past behind
But lighting a path for all of us to follow
To show us all how to live … how to love
As we step forward into tomorrow
I do not have something new to give you,
Nor do I have something blue
But I do have these words that I want to say
In the hopes that they will inspire you too
You are my shoulder that I can cry on
When I am scared or just feeling down
You are my inspiration to go on living
When I feel that my life is crumbling to the ground
You are one of the greatest friends
That anyone could ever know
You always have a way of making me laugh
And you are never afraid to do so
And now even though I’m not beside you
On perhaps one of your most important days
I think about how much you two were meant to be
In so many wonderful ways
So today as you move forward
There will be tears in my eyes
But do not let it upset you
They will be the happiest of tears I’ve cried
Many happy times remain ahead of you
And though they are not mine to share
Remember that I will be a friend for life
And I will always be there
It’s hard to believe that this day is here
And that when you walk back from shore
JEANNIE MILLER will be your name
For now and forever more
I want to say good luck to you both
And I wish you both a very happy life
Today you began as an unwed couple
And will end as husband and wife
I love you, wish I was there!
Courtney

Tears of Joy!!!!
I can't thank Courtney enough for this poem! I had NO idea she was doing this! She wasn't able to make it to the wedding so she wrote this poem, snuck into my email at work and sent it to the wedding planner without me knowing!!! Jasmin (the wedding planner) read it to me as if it was Courtney standing there with me!!! It was such an emotion moment!!!




















22 comments:
Congrats the photos are AMAZING! I love the one of you two running in the surf.
CONGRATULATIONS! You look so beautiful and so happy.
I love the photos, especially you too in the surf. I love the circle in the sand you are standing in too - lovely!
Your friends poem was beautiful what a lovely think to do for you.
More photos???
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look beautiful, your ring, your hair, your flowers, everything!!!
I am crying at her letter!!
I have missed talking to you!
I can't wait to hear all about it.
Wow, what a beautiful poem Courtney wrote for the two of you. It brought tears to my eyes - awww heck, I have tears running down my cheeks!
Love to you both - thanks for sharing the photos with us. I'm writing a note today about your wedding and I'm totally stealing a photo :)
Congratulations! How beautiful, and what a very special gift from your friend. Thank you for sharing your day with us, loved all the photos.
Wishing you both the very best, Kiy
BEAUTIFUL girl! Loved you two together (especially surf shot, like everyone else), and your casual beach-side ceremony. Absolutely beautiful!
Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!
Congtrats J!!! :)
You look gorgeous and the poem is really beautiful!
Goodness gracious - I have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful day March 4th was and will forever be. Congratulations again Mrs. Miller.
You are beautiful! Mr. S looked very handsome as well! I am so happy for you guys, congrats from me and Blake. The poem was great too that was very sweet of your friend! Love you!
Congrats! You are a beautiful bride and your groom is quite handsome!! I love your photos and thank you for sharing.
Oh, how I echo Courtney's sentiment! It is such a beautiful poem... to match the most beautiful bride.
All my happiness is for you, today, my dear!!
I love you!
Beautiful! You're beautiful! I love all the photos. And I wish you the most happiness ever!
The photos are beautiful and that poem - wow. So beautiful.
Congratulations again!
You are so gorgeous!! What a beautiful wedding!
What a sweet poem!! And great idea! That is aweosme! Props to Courtney!
Jeannie, I LOVE the pictures! They are amazing. You and Mr S looked great. So sweet! My favorite one is the one of the two of you runing out of the water. I love candid shots like that! LOVE it!
Congratulations!! I cannot wait to see more.
Hugs, and much love.
COngratulations to you both!
Congratulations, you look beautiful and so relaxed. The dress is fabby and not at all like a nightie! (Do you remember that? - doesn't it seem a long time ago that you were discussing dresses? and now look - you're married!)
Best Wishes to you both.
Wonderful photos. You look absolutely stunning and both of you look so happy my computer was glowing:)
The poem is so touching. What an amazing friend but also says a lot about the kind of friend you are. You are both luckey.
Congratulations! You look beautiful! I'm so glad your special day was AWESOME!!
I loved those photos when I saw them on Facebook and I love them here. You were the most beautiful bride ever! and that poem! wow!!
(you know I will never forget your anniversary - thanks for making my birthday extra special!!)
Yay! You look beautiful! It looks like you had such a wonderful and beautiful day. And how sweet was that poem? Love it. My favorite picture is the one where you are screaming in the waves. TOO CUTE!
The wedding photos are gorgeous! Everything looked so beautiful, including you. Congratulations.
Oh, girl- they are beautiful!! Sorry I have not been around much lately. BUSY! BUSY! BUSY! I love your dress and how it is flowing in every picture! You are gorgeous- congratulations!!!
Post a Comment