I need help! I haven't planed this out very well!!! I'm hosting a baby shower at my place this weekend! Actually mom and I are hosting it together...it's for my niece Lisa! 

She is due the end of March! We are soooooooooooooooooooooo excited for her and her husband!
Any ways...back to the shower! I need HELP...I haven't hosted a shower in a LONG LONG time!!! Mom and I are ordering the party trays from Jason's Deli (YUM) so I don't have to worry about that! I need help on a few, simple games and a yummy punch recipe!!! I love punch I just don't know how to make it!!!! =) So any ideas, any help will be GREAT!!! =)
OH YEAH...IT'S A GIRL!!!!! =)




















11 comments:
the baby food guessing game?
do the stuff that Heather didn't want to do! :)
Oh yeah! I am planning one for my friend at church right now. I have planned so many in the past few years since my sisters keep having babies! I will have to email some of the things I am planning tomorrow! Sounds like fun!
Oh a baby shower should be fun! I haven't been to one in ages, and ages. I will be going to one but not until April. :( I have no clue what to play.
The guessing game works. Get a small journal and have everyone write words of wisdom. Is the name out? Guess names. Take toilet paper & use it to "guess" how big she is....
I love baby showers! For punch, it would be cool to make it pink since she's having a girl. Use pink kool-aid packets, sugar, water and CLEAR soda (like the clear Sprite.) It makes for a really good punch. A fun game to play is a baby memory game. Put 10-15 baby items on a tray. (i.e. bottle, passy, rubber duckie, baby powder, etc.) Give everyone paper and pencil. Let them look at the tray for 30-45 seconds, and then take it away. They have to try to write down as many of the items that they can remember. Winner gets a prize! The "guess how big mommy is" game is always fun. Pass around a roll of T.P. Have them tear off the amount of TP that they think will fit around her belly perfectly. Then have each person measure her belly with their TP and see who gets closest. Advice cards are always sweet and a good keepsake for mommy-to-be! It depends on the group, but I've been to a baby shower where they put melted and crushed up chocolate candy in UNscented diapers. (i.e. kit-kat, snickers, carmello, etc.) The diapers were numbered and passed around. Everyone had to smell, taste, etc. to figure out what each candy was. They wrote down their guesses- whoever guessed the most correctly gets a prize! Jessica threw my baby shower and did an awesome job! She painted a canvas and put a painted, wooden 'Z' (for Zayde) using my nursery colors- she glued the 'z' in the middle of the canvas. Then, she had everyone write a short, sweet note and sign it, so I could hang it in his nursery. What a treasure! She also gave everyone an index card with a number on one side(she did birth-18) and left the other side blank. She said that the number represented how old Zayde is. Each person had to write a message to me or Zayde with advice or encouragment for the age that was on their card. I'll read the appropriate card each year on his birthday! I hope some of this helps- good luck!!
One thing that they did for me when Joshua was born was handing out pieces of stationary to everyone at the party to write him and me a little note or as long as they wanted. He was my preemie and a very special thing in our family so it meant and still means so much to me to go back in his baby box and go through those letters again
Oh and then their is the one where everyone gets either a safty pin or clip to put on their shirt and you choose a word such as baby that they can't say or someone can take their pic/clip. The person who has the most at the end or sometime you decide wins a prize. We've done this at a lot of baby showers and it's always pretty popular especially if you pick a word that people are going to keep saying
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/babyshowerfood/l/blshowerecipein.htm
(baby shower recipes)
also - watermelon centerpiece
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/salads/fruit/wmeloncarriage.html
Oh Baby shower sounds funny!
s i g h...I shoulda sent you a mold for butter mints......:/
(but I know you'll have a blast regardless!)
Oh I have no ideas, and I think it's too late anyway, so I'm just going to wish you well and wish you tons of fun! Baby showers are always fun, no matter what!
Post a Comment