February 6, 2008

Just Wednesday....

Nothing really exciting to talk about...
My life just seems so blah...
I don't want to bore yall!!! =)

Yesterday was a busy day in the office! I met up with a friend for lunch (Cassy)...which wasn't on the diet plan...lol!!! I left a little early for a haircut and color! I added some brown tones to my blonde and got a really good trim...I needed it...the color is a little dark for me but I will get use to it!!!!

The friend I met with at lunch yesterday (Cassy) is going to sell me her baby bed (really cheap) for my niece (she is due March 28th)...I'm soooooooooo excited...it's really, really nice! It's a baby bed that converts into a toddler bed and it had a pull out drawer under it...she is also giving me her mattress...her little boy never really slept in the baby bed and he never used the toddler bed...so it's just like new!!! I'm sure some of my NEW blog readers haven't read about my niece...you can click here and it will take you back to that post! She is my only niece...she is 19 years old...her and her husband are expecting their first baby (little girl) and this is sooooooooooooo special to our family!!!! I'm hosting her baby shower on March 2nd...I love hosting parties, I love the food, I love the decorations, the gifts, etc. Even if they aren't for me!!!! =) I just want to say THANKS to CPA Mom for caring so much and sending me something for my niece!!! CPA Mom is such a caring, giving, wonderful person...she is the BEST if you can haven't had the chance to meet her you should check out her blog!!! I think you will need a password to login?!? I don't really know what to do about that...lol!!! Maybe you can leave a comment and she can contact you?!?!? I didn't mean to go into all that!!! I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate her! =) (((HUGS))) CPA MOM

I just want everyone to know that I have met so many GREAT people in the whole blog world thing...it's GREAT!!! We all have something in common and that is BLOGGING! Thanks to Frannie for getting me here!!! =) She shared all her WONDERFUL blog friends with me!!! =)

Today is a busy day at work...
I'm trying to get collection letters out to our lovely NON-PAYING, DEAD BEAT CUSTOMERS...I don't know why people don't pay their darn bills?!?!?! I also have payroll to-do today (our company does weekly payroll)!!! We are also reorganizing things around the office which has made work very interesting!!!! lol...for real...you just have to be here to know what I'm talking about!!!


Moving on...

One thing that was REALLY bad news to me last week that I DID NOT talk about was the loan for our lake house!!! After dealing with this bank (I won't name names, but I will NEVER EVER use them...EVER again) for almost 3 months....I got a phone call on Monday and we were turned down!!! =( It was very disappointing news...really it was devastating news!!! We put all our eggs in one basket and here we are now having to start all over!!! =( It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! What the deal is....Mr. "S" and I paid cash for the land (2 lake lots)...with some help from my mom and dad and my 401k!!! =) A guy in our neighborhood had the house on his land...he was wanting to sell it so he could build on his property...so he sold 'us' the house (we got a really, really good deal) with the understanding we would get a loan on our land and the house...we would pay him back and have extra money to build some nice decks, change out the kitchen counter tops, install hardwood flooring, knock out one wall etc...!!! We had the house moved on our land...now we owe for the house...so he we are trying to get a loan...it stinks knowing we owe someone!!!!! With the real-estate market like it is....it's killing us!!!! No one wants to approve any loans due to all the foreclosures! The man we are buying the house from (Mr. "R") is soooooooo wonderful and very understanding but we just don't like the fact we owe someone money!!! It makes us NOT want to do anything because the lake house is weighing down on our shoulders!! It is REALLY weighing us down...we were to the point last week where we just wanted to throw our hands up and say screw it!!!! So there you have it...a little bit about my last week...wow...that was hard getting it out of me but I think I was finally okay with talking about it!!! It might not seem so bad to some of you but it's wearing and tearing at Mr. "S" and I!


***SIGH***



GUESS WHAT...I just got TAGGED for the VERY 1st time...I will blog about it tonight!!! BUSY BUSY at work!!! =) My tag was from Erin...go check her out!!! She's one of my NEW friends!!!

8 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

That sucks!! The economy right now is just awful, especially the real estate market! I hope that another bank will get things taken care of for you guys!

The Hickmans said...

Jessica made the 'Prince Zayde' canvas for his Christmas present. She is wonderful! It went perfectly with the 'Prince' themed birthday party, too!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry for you guys! That is just crushing! Keep the faith, hon! Things will get better!

Unknown said...

A Lake House sounds like fun! Your post was so full of stuff I can't remember it all. :)

Oh, crib, good news! Baby shower, fun! Payroll, fun, not.

Alix said...

Sorry about the loan I hope you manage to work it out!
The baby shower sounds fun and your hair sounds lovely - pictures???
We're glad Frannie introduced you to blogging too!

my4kids said...

Sorry about the loan thing that sucks after 3 months of leading you along basically. Hope it all works out soon.

Wendy said...

I am so sorry about your financing problems:( I hope that you can get it all worked out!

SJINCO said...

So sorry to hear about the loan ordeal, I'm sure another bank will pick you up and happily do financing! Hang in there..