May 29, 2008

Do you know what today is?

That is the question? There might be a prize in it if someone can come up with the answer?!?! No clues this time! Email me your guesses (musingsfromleftfield[at]yahoo[dot]com)! If you guess it by midnight tonight you will win a little something! Cool huh? Two giveaways in less than a week! You never know about me!


I'm excited about this weekend! Mr. "S" and I have taken the last few weekends off as far as working on the house! This weekend we will be right back at it! We have so much to do! As most of you know I posted a L-O-N-G list of to-do's a while back! So let me refresh the list!

Here we go with this weekends tackle:

  • Tear down the hideous wallpaper in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Rip up the horrifying vinyl flooring in the kitchen
  • Install a new hot water tank
  • Pull out the sliding glass doors and clean the tracks

We have so much more that needs to be done:

  • Build steps and railing for the front porch
  • Stain the front porch
  • Replace the sofits on the side eves
  • Patch the cracked sheet-rock
  • Change out the shower head it's way to short for us tall people
  • Install crown molding
  • Install new base boards
  • Trim out the windows
  • Remodel the closet
  • Paint, Paint, Paint
  • Get new kitchen counter tops when we hit the lottery
  • Get new kitchen appliances when we hot the lottery
  • Install hardwood flooring when we hit the lottery
  • Change out the plumbing in the bathroom sink
  • Change out the faucet on the kitchen sink
  • Change out the light fixture in the kitchen and utility room
  • Change out the light fixtures on the front and back porch
  • Change out the front door

See what I mean about needing to win the lottery! Gee Whiz we have so much to do! The good thing is some of the things are just cosmetic and minor! It's "WANTS" but not "NEEDS"!

So as time goes by we will knock a little off the list each weekend!

June 14th Lil Miss "H" is coming to visit us for a week along with some of Mr. "S" family such as his mom, sister and her husband and 2 kids! We are sooooooooooooo excited and can't wait! We've both taken vacation at work so we will spend the whole week running around to the zoo, the beach, museums, movies, Old McDonald Farm, fun restaurants, the pool, cook-outs and other fun things to do hopefully Splashtown! We are going to make this a memorable trip for Lil Miss "H"! A lot of you don't know the whole story about Lil Miss "H" but her mom (Mr. "S" ex-psycho wife) was refusing to let her come down to visit this summer. It's in the divorce papers that Mr. "S" gets his daughter for a full 42 days in the summer. She was telling her that once we got her down here we wouldn't let her go back home, we were going to keep her, etc. She was scaring Lil Miss "H" out of coming and at first it was working! Instead of being the "ADULT" and supporting her child to visit her father she was doing just the opposite. This year Lil Miss "H" is going to ride down with Mr. "S" mom and she will take her back home after the week is up! We want her to stay the full time but at the same time Mr. "S" doesn't want to scare her into staying down here the whole 42 days. He did say if she wants to stay she can. So we will see what happens on this trip! He said next year she won't have an option. She will be here for the full summer term!!! This is such a SAD situation to me! The psycho ex-wife is doing this out of bitterness and jealousy and it shouldn't be this way she is only hurting Lil Miss "H"! I hope one day when Lil Miss "H" gets bigger she will look back and see how her mother acted! If yall could only see what a GREAT dad Mr. "S" is!!! Frannie knows! When we were there last summer visiting...Frannie knew right off the bat how great of a dad he was. She actually even felt bad for him having to be around her family situation. She knew just by the look in his eye when he sat on the floor and played with Drama how much he loved his daughter! We are hoping that one day Lil Miss "H" will want to come live with us full time!

I'm sure some of you are wondering who left who and why is Lil Miss "H" in Ohio and Mr. "S" in Texas. That's a whole post on it's on! I will brief you in the next day or two! I will say they were all living in Texas as a family and the psycho moved Lil Miss "H" back to Ohio where her mother was. She thought Mr. "S" would come running after her and it didn't happen. Okay I can't wait till the next blog post! Mr. "S" and psycho were having problems. He worked and she didn't. She was a stay at home mom. He would come home and find her drinking and and sometimes even drunk. He had also suspected her to possibly be cheating on him. There was a few things that lead to their split. One day they had a few neighbors over at their apartment complex and they were grilling. There was this one single guy they were friends with that always hung around. He said he was going to the store and did anyone need anything. Psycho volunteered to go. Mr. "S" said the store was right around the corner and he would see it from the apartment balcony. He never saw them pull in and they were gone for a good while. He went outside and waited for them to come back and let her have it. He said it even looked like they kissed before they got out of the car. The next BIG thing was one night they were all out at the pool hanging out and Mr. "S" said he was going to go in and go to sleep. Well, he woke up several hours later to find her in the hot tub with a guy! He walked out there and said you are just wrong and walked off. He told her he better never catch her doing crap like that again. Well, two weeks later he gets up to go to work around 4am and doesn't see psycho so he walks out to the pool to find her once again in the hot tub with the same guy. He said we're done! Pack your crap and get out! He knew then deep down if she hasn't done anything with him they would soon been to that point. He said there was no way he would come home one day from work to find some other guy in his bed. So there ya have it. He was married to a real winner! She is a piece of work. She already has another baby from another guy that isn't even in her life. I feel for Lil Miss "H" having to be in that situation. Wooooo-Wheeee that was a lot to get out! So now yall know a little bit about that crazy part of our life!

Don't forget to guess the blog title! What do you think today is? It's not actually a "DATE" it could just be "something" and today is the day it just so happened to fall on? Tricky, Tricky, Tricky!

25 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I was wondering if all of that mess with the psycho was working out. Glad to hear that it kind of is!

You are tricky. I have no clue what today is. WAIT! Yes I do, it's May 29! Am I right???

Nicole said...

AHHH You are killing me. I don't know what it is.

I feel for the little one. My mom used to do that when I was young. But once I got old enough to make my own mind up, I LOVED going to my dads. My dad used to always plan fun stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

The day psycho and Mr. "S" split.

End of middle ages day.

Thats my guesses.

Oh yah I did get the pics I posted them and a little blog. I have some more blogging to do tonight.

CPA Mom said...

HMMM. Is it Little Miss H's bday? Tpday is my dog's 9th birthday! He was born May 29, 1999 and we got him in November 1999 and my husband died December 1999. I knew the story about the Psycho....you know we went through the exact same thing with my late husband's ex and children.

Now they ARE grown and they DO see how psycho their mom is.

Trouble is, it's too late for their dad. Which makes me mad at her all over again.

frannie said...

I can't wait to hear all the fun with Miss "H"!!!!!

Julie said...

My guess is today is your first date anniversary.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK, I have a few guesses

1. Ms H birthday
2. anniversary of getting divorced/leaving
3. blog anniversary
4. your anniversay of dating one another or first meeting Mr S



Ok, I am outta guesses. I told you before my feelings on Ms H. Her mom is sticking her own foot in her mouth. I would just show her how you both love her. Actions. I wouldnt say anythign bad about her mom-since she is a part of her-she will realize it herself as she grows up. And she will also know that you and her Dada love her and are always there for her.
Is momma still a drinker? Can he get custody? I am glad he is out of that situation and with someone who loves, respects and appreciates both him and his daughter. Good for you J!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Ok. Thinking some more...is this a trick qquestion?
Today is May 29, 2008. Thursday.

it is my cousin Gina's birthday.
I know you had your birthday so it isnt that.

Mr S's birthday?
Pops birthday?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The anniversary of when phyco left Texas a happier state?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The day you first found out about the lakehouse?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The day you and Mr S moved in together?
Job anniversary?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

ok, I may be a lsoer but it isnt for lack of trying!

Are you going someplace special?
did you finalize cruise plans?
IS it something to do with your lakehouse?
did you buy a tube of sunscreen? That is a notable day.
Did you win the publishers clearing house?
Did you have a good dental visit? No cavities today?
Did you start your period-you can see I am drawing blanks if I am now guessing your monthly cycle. LOL!
May 29 is the 149th day of the year (150th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 216 days remaining until the end of the year. ...
1919: Einstein's theories given a practical test during an eclipse
1940: British forces begin their evacuation from Dunkirk, France
1990: Brois Yeltsin elected leader of the Russian Federation


Seriously now, didi somehting else possibly happen on this date?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

skin cancer free (i hope?)
time for mud volleyball game
braves opener?
braves play?

Look at am doing much research here...

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

are you preg? did you find out your preg?
did you officially move into the lake house?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

ok, I am so beating my head on a wall here......stop me, please.






for real-how many guesses is that?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

did the door come in today
you started commuting today (doubtful I think thats sept)
you are exactly one month and one day old today
COOL KROGER SHOPPING BAG CONTEST is announced-did you win?
shad asked your dad, finally?

for the love of all things good WHAT???????

Anonymous said...

I have some more guesses.

Is it a anniversary of when you guys got engaged.

Something to do with the divorce

An anniversary for the lake house.

An anniversary for when you guys got together

I just dont know.

Annikke said...

Been a long time since I visited here! Thanks for visiting me!

My guess is going to be that today you met Mr. S???

Did you ever try those soda cracker cookies? They are addictive.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

50th post? 100th post?
cabin got lights?
got septic?
got a grill?
win the trip to NYC?
Lisa had her baby?-wait she was due in march so thats come and gone right?


I give up.

Wendy said...

I will guess that today is the anniversary of your first smooch:)

I am so sorry about all that you have to deal with:( It's so hard!! I just know that you will have a wonderful visit and hopefully she will want to stay longer.

Mandy said...

oh man...I think Leigh took all of my guesses!

Did Mr. S ask your dad??

SJINCO said...

Okay! I sent you my guess. But lord knows if I'm right. Probably not but eh, I was kind of stumped to be honest. So spill the beans would ya?!

What a story about psycho and Mr. S. I hope you have fun with the little one.....

frannie said...

leigh should win just for trying that hard. :)

ttelroc said...

I removed wallpaper from an entire house once - oh boy. I finally purchased a steamer for $50 and it made a world of difference. That old crappy wallpaper came off pretty well. aaaahh, you'll have some fun. Make sure you have someone making lots of lemonade. You're gonna need it.

Anonymous said...

Oh your list makes me want to hide from our list! We are about a month and a half from being finished! We are working on it every day till dark. I hope you get lots crossed off your list this weekend!