Here are the pics from the weekend:
8am Saturday morning Mr. "S" patching the sheetrock in the kitchen! At this point we had already tore out the carpet and padding and I was working on pulling up the tack stripe!
This is what I did! I was the mud/texture mixer! I can't even tell you how many buckets I mixed! It was a messy job but somebody had to do it! =)
This is one cool little deal-e-bob! This paint sprayer helped us get all the painting done in just a few hours!
It's hard to see the paint in this pic! There was so much dust and paint in the air!
Sunday morning I woke up and tore all the paper off the kitchen cabinets and windows!

We are ready to do trim work! The paint turned out great!

We are ready to do trim work! The paint turned out great!
Setting up the table saw to cut trim angels!
Installing the first piece of window trim!
The front living room window trimmed out!
The sliding glass door and kitchen window is trimmed out!
Mr. "S" hanging up the living room blinds!
The house is really coming together! We are so proud! It's not easy work but it's paying off! This coming weekend Mr. "S" has to work on Saturday but we will go up to the lake house Saturday night! We need to paint all the trim work, do some touch-up paint on the walls, finish installing the window/door trim, finish installing the crown molding and install new doors in the bedroom and bathroom!!! That will set us up for the following weekend!!! The weekend of the 20th & 21st when we install the flooring throughout the house!!!! We are getting there!!!! A little bit at a time!
Thanks for all the encouraging comments! I'm glad you all like the work we are doing!






































10 comments:
It's looking great! Will it be ready for us to borrow if Ike actually heads this way as forecasted? LOL!
OMG! It is looking soooooo good!! It really is starting to look like a home! Y'all are doing such an amazing job!!!
Awesome!! You guys did a mountain of work this weekend - I am SSSOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!
It is too cool that you used a prayer to paint - we didn't and it took us a few weeks to get it all painted.
Buy the best, most expensive, thickest gallon of white paint for the trim. (or whatever color you are painting the trim) If you do this, you will probably be able to paint the trim in just one coat and it will be fantastic.
I was going to ask about the floors, but I see at the end of your post, you will be tackling that next weekend. Lets hope IKE stays far away.
I said that you used a prayer to paint -- LOL maybe you did - but a SPRAYER works well, too!
First-THE HOUSE LOOKS GREAT! You have done so much and it shows. Amazing, cute, pretty-its all that and more! You are going to be so happy there!
Second, I have much cathcing up to do. I just got back into town. Me and Big Daddy left the kids with his mom and we took off for the beach. I have some reading of your blog to do. Thanks for all the comments you left, Promise I will be emailing!
Wow the house is looking great! I love all the big windows! All that Texas sunlight will fill them up! After a weekend like that you will be glad to have a shorter weekend this week. You will need that break!
Wow that looked dirty, messy work but it is looking so fabulous!
I don't know how you manage to write anything, let alone read any blogs, with all that mad work you guys are doing! do you sleep?!?!
Prayers Ike stays away from you!! Are you near the projected path? I'm afraid I'm not UP on my TEXAS geography.
Progress! I like the long windows in your living room. We have ones like that too (but just one large window, not two). Sadly, our apartment is still dark as the window faces the woods that are just 10 or so feet away.
You guys seem to be flying through it all now. :) Yippee! It's really looking GREAt!
Post a Comment