September 12, 2008

Ike - Due in tonight!


I don't even know what to post about at this point! Ike is coming and he will be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning! UGH!


I've received a few emails asking if I was at work today...."HECK NO!" We got off work at noon yesterday!

Mayor Bill White held a news conference yesterday this was a topic he touched on:

Emergency management officials are asking that all employers dismiss non-essential employees from reporting to work on Thursday and Friday. However, certain essential businesses, including banks, gasoline stations, pharmacies, hardware stores and grocery stores should remain open as long as prudently possible to help Houstonians prepare for the hurricane's potential arrival. Officials are asking all schools to close on Thursday and Friday.


I found a website that had some web cams! Here is a pic of Galveston! This is where we go to load the ferry! Remember me showing you the pics from June our trip to Galveston click HERE!!!!!



This just FREAKS me out!


This is a web cam picture from Moody Gardens! This is already flooding too!


If you want more info on the storm! You can actually watch a live stream with our local news at Click 2 News!


Galveston Seawall! I've never seen anything like this! Look at the waves crashing over! The storm is still 12 + hours away!

8 comments:

CPA Mom said...

that's what scares me. It's not even THERE yet and look at the flooding.

Hang in there!!!

Julie said...

BE CAREFUL!!! THinking good thoughts for you and your fellow Texans.

Anonymous said...

I left you a prayer post on my blog! I saw those big waves coming over the wall on tv. So scary!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You know that I am praying for you. I blogged about (and you) too. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kristin - The Goat said...

How are you doing? Are you getting any rain yet? Wind?

I will be praying for you and Mr. S and everyone in the area.

Kristin

Forgetfulone said...

Well, I wanted to stay home. I'm really not scared since we're 30-40 miles north of Galveston, but my husband hates having no AC, and power outages are inevitable. Plus, he's been looking for an excuse to go somewhere for a weekend, so we are in Corpus. We're still under a hurricane watch or warning, but it's going to be about 200 miles north of where we are now, and we're on the clean side, so we'll be okay. I hope you don't lose Internet because I want updates! Take care.

Frannie said...

so scary!!

I know I already talked with you, but call me first thing in the morning!

love you!!! take care!!

Steffi said...

Be careful!And I watch it already in the News at T:V.!
My thoughts are with you and all other peoples!!!