October 13, 2008

A few things....

#1. If you have blogger PLEASE customize your sidebar to add the gadget "Configure Followers List"!!!! I want to follow you!!! Look at my side bar you will see My followers! So click on it and follow me!!! If you have any questions I will "TRY" and help you!! I'm not very smart at things like this!!! lol

#2. I signed up for my 3rd Christmas swap!!! So you might be thinking I'm a little addicted?!?!? Yeah, you could say that!!! You won't offend me!!! I like doing the swaps and I like making new blog friends!!! My blog friend Becky is hosting the swap!!! If you are wondering who Becky is - she is the designer that designed my blog!!! Thank you again Becky!!! So click on the button to check out the Secret Santa Swap details!

Creative Blog Designs

#3. Don't forget to look in my sidebar for the other two swaps - if you haven't already signed up?!?!? Georgie tells me there is already over 70 bloggers in her Secret Santa Soiree!!! WOW!!!! There is also Julie's 2008 Ornament Swap - which was a TOTAL blast last year!!! So hurry on over and get signed up!!!!!

#4. I received an award the other day!!! It was one of the SWEETEST awards I've received! Not that the other awards I've received weren't sweet but this one just touched me!!! Thanks MegRyansMom!!!!



The Thoughtful Blogger Award

For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.




I visited 14 states (28%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

I feel I haven't been very many places?!?!? A few of the states were just drive-by's! Such as Tennessee, Arkansas and Kentucky - We hit these last year on our road trip to Ohio!

Other drive-by's include my road trips with an "S" to Atlanta to see my BFF - Giants Fan! Those states were Alabama and Mississippi!

I also went to Branson, Missouri several years back! Those drive-by states were Oklahoma (going there) and Arkansas (On the way home)!

If I had to pick two states to fly to - I would have to say Hawaii and New York!

Hawaii for the relaxing tropical feel - for the beaches, the luau, the pineapples, the fruity drinks, the hog roast, the beautiful flowers, waterfalls, a lei...I could go on and on....

New York for the CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS for the street lights, time square, the memorial of the twin towers, the Statue of Liberty, for "real" Italian food, a Yankees baseball game, a real Irish pub, shopping, central park, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, The Today's Show, Emeril Live...trust me...I could go on and on and on but I will save you the details!

If you could revisit one city/state where and why? I would LOVE to go back to Vegas - this time I would go with Mr. "S" - I just know we would have a blast!!!! There is sooooooooooooo much to see and do there!!!

Let me know if you do a post similar to this! I would like to see where all you have been!!!! =)

11 comments:

Megan said...

I don't see a difference in blog roll and followers list..so can I just keep you on my blog roll?? :0) The pictures from the party look great..glad it was a fun time! I should enter a swap..I want to..but I am still bitter from the last one!!! ;) I want to go to NYC so bad. I have never been, but would love to go. I was planning on just moving there, but then a great opportunity in DC opened up, and then I just HAD to meet the man of my dreams, marry him, and move to a suburb of Richmond, VA.

Becky said...

Awesome! Thanks for mentioning me and everyone please come sign up for my Secret Santa Swap!

Unknown said...

megan-the diff between following is that in your blogger dashboard you see the updated blog posts-on a blogroll it is just the blogname-for me it makes it VERY easy to see who has updated and when-I absolutely LOVE the follow feature

sorry J-didnt mean to take over LOL

I would love to sign up for more swaps but my hands will be ull with keeping this one straight!

One state i would love to revisit is South carolina-myrtle beach-my dad took me there whn i was a teen and I LOVED it I wanna take my beans and go visit Deb...

One state i would LOVE to visit but havent is NYC

Frannie said...

I want you to move to my state!!!

I may join more swaps... but I have got to get through this weekend first!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GIve me a few days and I will do the map. I will also do the secret santa sawp of Becky's.

CPA Mom said...

#1 - DONE on both blogger blogs. I have no followers though.

#2 - I'm sorry but we have ZERO $$ in the budget for any swaps right now!!!! It's TIGHT around our house.

#3 - I love Hawaii and NY Too!!! All those same reasons. I did this map once on my main blog. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Debz said...

well today i went to mickey d's, target and food lion. then i came home. i cant find them on the map though...


And thanks Georgie - I wish you could visit me too!!!!!!!
XXOO

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness... save yourself the trip. I live in New York. Although I live upstate (6 hours away from the city) I've been to the city enough times to tell you it's really not all it's cracked up to be. It's loud, dirty, and EXPENSIVE.

Now Hawaii... I'd totally be up for going there. I'd rock me a coconut bra for sure! (Although there'd be more coconut than anything else HA!)

Unknown said...

You have been a busy girl! You know you can add blogs to ones your following without them signing up, right? Like mine, even though it's not of blog-spot can be added. :)

Forgetfulone said...

I'm a follower!

Three swaps? How will you ever keep up? I've signed up for one so far. It's a sparkle-something-or-other swap. Can't remember the exact name. Maybe I'll sign up for one of the secret santa swaps, too.

If I could re-visit somewhere, it would probably be Arizona for the Grand Canyon, but I would have to get back on my workout routine first.

Laurie said...

Okay... following you and only you! I never had a Blogger account before since I have my own domain. I like the widget and idea of having the list, but I can't add it onto mine. Oh well. :) Hope you have a good weekend. I love the gorgeous sunset pics you posted. You don't see anything like that up here in Dallas.