October 1, 2008

Tired......

Exhausted...
Worn-Out...
Tired...
Drained...
Fatigued...
Beat...
Pooped...
Sleepy...
Lethargic...
Sluggish...
Weary...
Depleted...
Useless...
I could go on and on and on but I won't!

Yesterday we took our last two loads of stuff (junk) out of the apartment! We cleaned the place top to bottom in hopes Mr. "S" will get his deposit back! At this point we are so tired it's hard to function! For real! I mean it! If you only knew all the stuff we moved! There are STILL boxes piled alllllllllllllllll over the house - we just keep making trails between them from room to room! After last night I told Mr. "S" I don't want to pack or unpack another box the rest of the week! I think I might leave it as a weekend project! I can't bare the thought of dealing with another freaking box ~ full or empty!!! We will have one heck of a bon fire once we get all the boxes unpacked! =)

I was so tired on the drive in this morning to work that I slept the whole way(I got an extra hour of sleep out of the drive)! Thank goodness Mr. "S" is the morning driver! I would have never made it this morning! When I got to work (an hour early) I sat at my desk and watched 90210! I haven't really watched tv since "IKE" so I'm so behind on my shows (we don't have cable or Internet at the lake house ~ we are waiting for the local company to do a site survey for new construction )! In the afternoons when I'm waiting on Mr. "S" to pick me up I will catch up on my blogging because I sure do miss yall!

Other than that things are going great! It's such a GREAT feeling to know we live in a house that we will soon own! It makes everything we've worked for soooooooooo worth it!!!

We still have a lot of touch-up work to do around the house but we will do that as we get the time!

Our list consist of:
Painting the guest bedroom (walls and ceiling)
Finishing the window/door trim and crown molding
We need finish the flooring in the kitchen (where the fridge will be)
Hook up the ice maker and water
Install doors for the bedrooms, bath and laundry room
Paint the doors
Hang blinds in the kitchen and guest bedroom
Touch-Up paint throughout the house
Hang the blinds for the 8' sliding glass door
I'm sure I'm leaving things off.......
Even though we are living in the house we still have a ton of work to do!

Please know that I'm missing you all! I'm hoping our life will be back to normal (very soon) so that we can adjust to our new schedule!

12 comments:

Frannie said...

I am so proud of you!!!! so proud!!!

I can't believe it is finally here!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I hate to move. I actually really enjoy packing, but unpacking is not my forte. I have a whole garage full of packed boxes right now lol I moved three years ago.

J, Don't be like me! Unpack. Get rid of the boxes. Don't keep anything you don't love or use all the time.

I was going to ask if you had internet at your lake house, so thanks for answering that question for me.

Catch up with all of in blogger land when you can - chances are real good that we'll all be there when you are ready.

As always, love your updates!!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I still have lots of boxes waiting upstairs to bring down and unpack.

Just relax and unpack later. You deserve some time off!

And some day I will get a picture for you to hang up...

Steffi said...

I understand you full and I can feel your pain!You need some free hours to relax !I wish I could help with unpack your boxes!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Get some rest sometime this weekend. AS my grandmother used to tell me, "It'll keep". And it will . Rest and then proceed-with caution.

HAve a wonderful weekend. I am thinking about cha1

The Hickmans said...

I'm so happy for you guys making the big move!! I know it'll all be over soon and you will get rested. =)

Unknown said...

I just got a comment from you about SSS we would LOVE to have you join us-it is going to be such fun!

How cool that you just moved to a lake house-that reminds me of the movie

Anonymous said...

Yay that you are finally there, I'm so happy for you! I too feel the pain on the boxes I still haven't unpacked properly from my trip home!

What do you think of 90210?

CPA Mom said...

Wow, you have tv at work?

Rest while you can - Leigh is very wise - It WILL keep. As long as you are presentable to go to work, who cares what is in the boxes!! Unpack slowly so you can make good decisions about what to put where.

I with "giants fan" - I'm VERY proud of you both!!

let me know when that guest room is ready...

Unknown said...

How exhausting moving is! I'm so not a morning person so I'd be like you and napping on the way in. :) Happy to see you. :)

Forgetfulone said...

No wonder you're tired! I'm tired reading about it. You've done a lot, so your list is getting smaller. Isn't it nice to see progress?

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

At least since you are living in the house, it will be a little faster to get things finished. You don't have to wait for the weekend to do everything.