November 10, 2008

Not a lot to blog about....

Not a lot to talk about!
The weekend went by way tooooooooooooooo fast!!!! =(

Friday night Mr. "S" and I went out to eat with my dad, brother and Danielle! We went to a hole in the wall restaurant. I don't think we will be going back! Someone had told us they had the best catfish in town!!! Let's just say that it wasn't the best catfish I would have to lean towards the worst catfish!!! lol

Saturday morning I laid around in bed and watched tv...it felt to nice to be lazy! It felt so nice not getting up with the rosters! (Heck, I don't even think the roaster get up as early as we do during the week!) I slowly motivated myself to head out to my dad's to go through my storage shed! Well, that didn't happen! Dad and I ended up running around all day looking at houses! His house was damaged by hurricane Ike! We found one 4 hours later going from house to house! We'll see what happens! He is in no hurry! While I was gone on Saturday Mr. "S" really worked his butt off (which he doesn't have much of) in the yard! He cut down a tree that was damaged, racked the whole yard and had three huge fires going (we live in the country)! We sat around the one fire of logs and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs! YUMMY! This seems to be a weekend ritual for us!!!

Sunday Mr. "S" work me up early so we could go on a breakfast date and beat the crowd! After that we went home so I could jump in my car and head back out to dads to go through my storage shed! Holy moly did I get myself into a HUGE mess!!! The whole shed is filled with junk! Stuff I do NOT want! Danielle and her mom came over to help me load things up! Thank goodness for them!!! We had their whole truck filled plus the back end of my Durango was filled to the rim with the 3rd row seat down! Wow! I just can't get over how much crap I've accumulated over the years! What a GREAT cleansing experience this will be! Plus I will get some extra spending cash for our Canton trip!!! Woooooo-Whooooooo!!!!! So wish us luck!!! Danielle is going to run the sale by herself this coming Friday and then me and her mom will be there to help her on Saturday! I will take some pics so you can see all of our junk!!! lol

After I was done with the yard sale stuff dad grilled us up some T-Bone steaks and pinto beans! I took some left-overs home to Mr. "S"! He should have been there! =) Instead he was at home installing door and floor trim!!! He is such a hard worker!!! I'm lucky to have him!!!

So that's it for our weekend! Nothing exciting!
Happy Monday!
This week is going to be full of rain for us! Blah!


Oh how could I forget to tell you about the piece of furniture I bought from our neighbor yesterday!!! I will take pics tonight so I can show you tomorrow!!! I'm really happy with it!!! We had the perfect spot!!! It'll make for a great storage space!!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Can't wait to see pics of all the stuff & new furniture you bought from the neighbor! I am surprised the 'hole in the wall' place wasn't good..normally they are the BEST.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I want to know how you grill pinto beans! Don't they fall through the slats in the grill?

hahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm so proud of you for cleaning out that storage shed. It's tough work going through that stuff. Bravo!!!

You do have a real hard worker - keep him fed.

Unknown said...

it is amazing how much *stuff* we can accumulate over the years. Hubster and I cleaned off the loft in the garage and donated a bunch to Purple Heart (why did I have 3 ironing boards?)
Make it a good week!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Frannie said...

good job cleaning out all that stuff!! it is always a huge weight off to get rid of old junk!!

can't wait to see the new furniture!

Anonymous said...

I love throwing stuff out and spring cleaning although I find it so hard to start :)

Looking forward to seeing the furniture.

Hope the rain isn't too bad, it is freezing here - brr!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your recent visit to my place! I am so glad I am not alone on the fridge thing. Some of my family even has the nerve to call me a freak about it. But I say...since they all eat over here they should be thankful for my ummm....OCD tendencies.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How did was yard slaing? I cant wait to see the furniture pics!

Anonymous said...

Wow that resturant must have been REALLY awful. For you to end a sentence with a period and not an exlaimation point IS a big deal.

"We went to a hole in the wall restaurant."

LOL I noted that right away. You're too funny.

Aside from the crappy catfish it sounds like everything else went really well. Yay! Mr. S sounds like a keeper.